SHOWTIME 100 is almost ready for the skys!

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

ALmost done... COuld help but to share

Comments

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Love the color scheme and the logos.
    Fantastic work.

• edited December 1969

This is Duke Cunninghams ride when in Vietnam when he shot down Col Toung and 2 other Mig 17s. I took a few little artistic changes but for the most part it SHOWTIME 100.

Like its go an makeshift GUN pod on station one, WHICH he did not have but I think it looks bad! Plus needs a couple of drop tanks and maybe an ECM POD!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
    edited December 1969

love your modelling skills, just remember, the critics (like JM) never seem to actually post anything that they have done, just say a lot!
    I find your WIP threads quite educational too.

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Nice work. Got'a love the military’s use (and your reproduction) of iconography. Certainly a sleek looking ride, even if not the most current technology.

• edited December 1969

I have thought about doing an old phantom for years, but seriously I did think I had the knowledge talent and skill. I wasn't sure I could pull it off. I think I did okay. I like to keep my models simple and take advantage of Hexagon and Carraras SMOOTHING BUT had a few issues.

I love to use quads and hate using tris BUT I had to in a few place and paid a price for it when I mapped the smoothed model... Where ever there was a TRI carraras SMOOTHING seemed to bend the geometry and or the map in a weird direction.

Detail the devil is in the details aint it!

Please see the close up and read what some of the WARNING labels say as well as whos flying that bird?

7.jpg
    720 x 455 - 152K
    6.jpg
    576 x 178 - 71K
    5.jpg
    576 x 275 - 97K
  • edited December 1969

By the way! I must of made a 100 F4 Phantom Models when i was a kids So now that I am old and totally INSANE! I do 3D ones

• edited December 1969

SHes ready!

t.jpg
    720 x 424 - 109K
  • msolomonmsolomon Posts: 209
    edited December 1969

Sweet model, love to see her in action.

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

I have thought about doing an old phantom for years, but seriously I did think I had the knowledge talent and skill. I wasn't sure I could pull it off. I think I did okay. I like to keep my models simple and take advantage of Hexagon and Carraras SMOOTHING BUT had a few issues.

I love to use quads and hate using tris BUT I had to in a few place and paid a price for it when I mapped the smoothed model... Where ever there was a TRI carraras SMOOTHING seemed to bend the geometry and or the map in a weird direction.

Detail the devil is in the details aint it!

Please see the close up and read what some of the WARNING labels say as well as whos flying that bird?

That is some amazing work, is the geometry of the fuselage selected in red already "collapsed" in the images above?
  • edited December 1969

NO it is NOT collapsed! it is just smoothed!

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Wow, she is an awesome beauty :)

• fonpaolofonpaolo Posts: 229
    edited December 1969

Wow! :ohh: ...really great! :-)

• edited December 1969

Detail details

2.jpg
    720 x 429 - 141K
    1.jpg
    720 x 420 - 126K
  • chris poolechris poole Posts: 124
    edited December 1969

SHes ready!

She's Beautiful

• edited December 1969

I find it funny that back then in Vietnam they even bothered to CAMOUFLAGE these ships! Hell with all the warning labels and Unit ICONS it looks like a Heavily sponsored NASCR race care or an ice cream truck!

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Great work there, Rich - happy its finally ready to fly.

Do pilots really need a sign to tell them where the canopy is? You'd think after all that training...

edited December 1969

Did I spot a 'This way up' sign on there somewhere? ;) She is indeed a wonderful aircraft :-)

• edited December 1969

I dont think I got a THIS WAY UP but I did play with around of the WARNING labels! Theres on on the ejection seat that said CAUTION DO NOT PULL CABLE! I charged that to CAUTION DO NOT PULL MY FINGER and likewise. There is some writting on the BOMBS but it too small to read clearly! Like "This ones for OBAMACARE!" LOL! BOMBS AWAY!

AS far as the cockpit LABEL! I did a lot of research and read every damn warning label. I could not READ the fine print but the word CANPOY was there! I was told it showed 2 buttons on the outside one could push to POP the canopy or something like that. Theres about 200 little ones that say NO STEP! WTF?

edited December 1969

Gotta love the health & safety crowd ;)

I did spot this one on a visit....

20120526_160754_sml.jpg
    600 x 788 - 139K
  • edited December 1969

Gotta love the health & safety crowd ;)

I did spot this one on a visit....

OMG HOW DANGEROUS! Why cant we get rid of steps