Victoria 6 bundle download problems

nlhogannlhogan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just purchased Victoria 6 bundle. When I try to access content I get msgs that key elements are missing. I have located these files on my pc. The result of all of this is a boxy skeleton in grey.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,707
    edited December 1969

Did you also download and install the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials? It's among the items associated with DAZ Studio itself, or the DSON Importer, and should be reachable from there is you use the Product Library page.

• nlhogannlhogan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thx for your reply. i went to the Product library Page and clicked on all items which seems to put them in content areas. But when I try to access any of them i get a grey box covering the anatomy area...( head for example) .
    1. I load DAZ 4.6 and close the lessons popup
    2. I select the grey avatar in viewport
    3. click on a victoria 6 hairstyle and the block appears around head
    i have located Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials in my directory, but do not know what to do with them... I click on them and stuff happens but does not fix probs.
    Obviously I am a noob in this discipline...

edited December 1969

Are you unzipping the download manually, or are you using the DAZ Install Manager? Where are your content directories?

edited December 1969

after purchase I clicked download on the summary page
    later I think I downloaded an install manager and used that
    and when I found what looked like unzippable files I clicked them...
    email verification I went through that download sequence...
    What should I have done?

edited December 1969

DAZ3DIM_1.0,1,75_Win32
    my pc is 64bit

edited December 1969

Either will work, but the instructions are different. Yes, the install manager is 32 bit but that's all it needs (32 bit software runs on a 64 bit OS).

edited December 1969

I will be out of the loop for about a week.
    It seems to me that I need to find and unzip a key file...
    I am new on windows 8 and finding stuff is somewhat confusing at times....
    thx again and I will resume when and if find the files ...

edited December 1969

I have located genesis 2 files and Victoria 6 files on PC. I have tried to locate various items related to these files on DAZ 4.6. In the default search I see grey print items and when I click them...I see stuff appear in my content windows... when I click on them I get grey boxy skeleton figure. In my selection of figures I have Genesis, Kids 4 listed... while trying to solve this I clicked on Fiery Genesis and when I looked in the content windows I saw Genesis 2 ... selected it.. but still get the boxy avatars. I noticed also that I no longer have any downloads on the bundle. I believe these are now on this PC. Finally, (fwhew) I have PCs here and in another state... and if we solve this I planned to download the files in my other PC...so I can work in either location.

What info do you need? what is name of files which control the screen figure?
    thx again for you patience and help
    Norm

edited December 1969

This means that the folder you are placing the content in, or that the Install Manager is pointing to, is not a folder you have selected as a DAZ Studio Content Directory in DAZ Studio. Where exactly is the Victoria 6.duf file located on your machine?

edited December 1969

Users/Public/Public Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/People/genesis 2 Female/Characters

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In DS go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and make sure the following is listed in both:
    C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/My DAZ 3D Library

edited December 1969

I changed the content location to C:/Users/Public/Public Documents/My DAZ 3D Library and Lots of stuff is available including some which appears to be part of the Victoria 6 bundle. However, I do not see Victoria in files or products in smart content.. and the content selections list does not include Genesis 2 .
    but this has unlocked much.
    do I need to redo genesis 2 starter program ?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

? why is this in the General Freepozitory ?