Show some of your hand-drawn art

K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
edited June 2012 in The Commons

Have you recently been doing any drawing by hand? If yes, how about showing it here?

Here's a pic I recently completed using Paint Shop Pro and a tablet. Tell me what you think. (He may look scary, but he won't hurt you, he just likes to 'play evil'.) ;-)

Post edited by K T Ong on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You may find that this thread would be better off if it was moved to The Art Studio, as it is very easy to lose a thread in the Commons at the moment.

We can move it there for you, if you would like.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Am I the only one doing hand drawn animated gif files?

pooky2.gif
    200 x 147 - 163K
    pooky.gif
    373 x 256 - 236K
    postit-1.gif
    296 x 201 - 115K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700
    edited December 1969

Are those hand drawn with a pencil/pen on a piece of paper? or are those done on the computer with an art tablet?

edited December 1969

Are those hand drawn with a pencil/pen on a piece of paper? or are those done on the computer with an art tablet?

Good Old Fashioned Paper and Pencil, scanned and compiled.

See the edges of the papers I never edited out?

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

Good Old Fashioned Paper and Pencil, scanned and compiled.

See the edges of the papers I never edited out?

What? No cows? I am so disappointed.

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited June 2012

I remember those GIFs! Sockratease is clearly inspired by the Alien (ugh) movies. :-)

Animated GIFs can be a hassle to create. Having to draw a whole string of images and string them together just seems such a hassle to me. That's why I never tried creating any!

chohole said:
    You may find that this thread would be better off if it was moved to The Art Studio, as it is very easy to lose a thread in the Commons at the moment.

We can move it there for you, if you would like.

Certainly. I just wasn't aware of the Art Studio forum at the time of posting this thread. My bad...

And there haven't been any comments on my pic so far. My taste must be too homoerotic for the average DAZ forum-goer. :-P

edited December 1969

It does not look like it is hand drawn to me. It looks computer generated to me. Sorry, but I always thought that hand drawn meant that it was done with actual paper and an artist tool such as a pen or pencil. I need to get my scanner plugged in again and find my sketch book to scan in some hand drawn drawing I did years ago. Or maybe I can try to find a sketch book and do some fresh hand drawn drawings then scan them into the computer.

edited June 2012

It was hand-drawn. Below is the original hand-drawn sketch which I then scanned into my system before working further on it using a tablet. Mind you, the further work still needed a pen tool, so it might just as well have been as if I was airbrushing it by hand on an actual physical surface. I'm flattered that you thought it was computer-generated, though.

He's sexy, isn't he? :-P

WrestlerDemon9999.png
    600 x 480 - 33K
    edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    It was hand-drawn. Below is the original hand-drawn sketch which I then scanned into my system before working further on it using a tablet. I'm flattered that you thought it was computer-generated, though.

He's sexy, isn't he? :-P

Okay thanks for posting that image. Thank you.

What is he supposed to be? It looks like he has some horns.

Sorry for the confusion.

edited June 2012

What is he supposed to be? It looks like he has some horns.

I leave it to your imagination what you'd like him to be. He IS intended to be a horny creature, though! :cheese:

edited December 1969

One thing I noticed is that his hands are not touching his body. I thought with a pose like that his hands would be resting on his hips.

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited June 2012

K T Ong said:
    My taste must be too homoerotic for the average DAZ forum-goer. :-P

Bah! That never stoped me.

3.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 851K
    2.jpg
    400 x 533 - 40K
    1.jpg
    1454 x 1145 - 303K
    Post edited by Soto on
    edited June 2012

Some day I must beat JC at his work... :shut:

That second one is hand-drawn?? I don't believe you...

edited December 1969

JC Soto said:
    K T Ong said:

Why did you remove the images?

edited December 1969

Turns out he didn't. He just wanted to rearrange them a little, with the most dramatic one at the end for a roaring climax.

edited December 1969

The first image looks like a photo of a guy next to a piece of art.

My mum has quite a few photos like that but hers are a woman next to her piece of art.

edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    That second one is hand-drawn??
    All are hand drawn. :-P

JC Soto said:

Why did you remove the images?

I thought they would be resized down like on the old forums. Had to delete them for a sec to update with smaller versions, but I didn't have them around and then I was too lazy to manually scale them. Just restored them. :-P

edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    Turns out he didn't. He just wanted to rearrange them a little, with the most dramatic one at the end for a roaring climax.

LOL! Not at all, planned to put smaller versions for a sec. Not sure how the forums sort out the order of images anyway! XD

The first image looks like a photo of a guy next to a piece of art.

My mum has quite a few photos like that but hers are a woman next to her piece of art.

That's a funny one, because I've never done something that big, so I like that photo. :lol:

edited December 1969

I would have prefered the two figures in the last image to be of the lean, athletic type, rather than the heavyset, bulky type. That's why I didn't like the Freak. But that's just me.

edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    I would have prefered the two figures in the last image to be of the lean, athletic type, rather than the heavyset, bulky type. That's why I didn't like the Freak. But that's just me.

I thought your drawing was leaning to being one of the heavyset bulky type wrestlers.

edited December 1969

Yes, but still not as bulky as JC's. It's as far as I will go. ;-)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Waaay back I wanted to learn to draw, 'cause the only thing I could draw was stick-figures (badly). I went to YouTube and watched some lessons about drawing the human figure. Went as far to get it on DVD's. Now, the picture isn't typically how I draw, because I spent time and effort doing this. But if I can, so can anyone. Nowadays, I mostly do 3D-stuff in DAZ Studio.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/2287426195/in/set-72157603950482104/

(Please notice I uploaded this February 2008, so it's pretty old)

2287426195_ecb4364efc_b.jpg
    685 x 1024 - 330K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited June 2012

Really enjoying the images in this thread. Here's my contribution...depending on your definition, this may or may not qualify as "hand-drawn" (it started out as pencil-on-paper, and the vast majority of the work was hand-drawn directly in Photoshop Elements with a tablet, but there are also some filters and other CG-type effects). Also not sure to what extent it qualifies as "art," but maybe you'll enjoy it anyway. I'm not going to shrink it to 800 pixels wide, though!

http://tornalia.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/tornalia_map_large.jpg

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nice, Scott. I see Tolkien is an inspiration of this map (?)

edited December 1969

Norse Graphics is making detailed plans for stitching together a Frankenstein monster in his lab. :ohh:

(Just joking.)

edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    Norse Graphics is making detailed plans for stitching together a Frankenstein monster in his lab. :ohh:

(Just joking.)

Maybe he is but his lab is hexagon or zbrush or blender or other

edited December 1969

It can still get scary if Michael 666 starts assuming a life of his own, a la artificial intelligence.

edited December 1969

What? No cows? I am so disappointed.

I am not worthy of drawing Cows!

Haven't even graduated past Fish yet...

postit3.jpg
    303 x 206 - 12K
  • TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Hand drawn art? I'm dyslexic. I can't even draw stick figures!

edited June 2012

It's unfortunate when Nature denies us the ability to pursue certain interests, but I believe at the same time She would also give us certain talents in other areas. Talents that may take time to be discovered. If you can't draw, you can still write. :-)