StreetWear - (Jeans Updated) [Commercial]

StreetWearStreetWear Posts: 0
edited August 2013 in The Commons

Hi..I'm pleased to present a new line of clothing for DAZ Genesis models
including: Jeans for Gen1 + Michael 5, mens Sneakers for Gen 1 + Michael 5 and womans Sneakers for Genesis 2,Victoria 6,all coming soon,
please click on the images for full sized views

thanks!
StreetWear

Post edited by StreetWear on

Comments

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

The jeans look fantastic. Nice work.

• StreetWearStreetWear Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And Shoes!

Popup05.jpg
    1300 x 999 - 467K
    Popup03.jpg
    1300 x 999 - 238K
    Popup06.jpg
    1300 x 999 - 166K
    Pop1.jpg
    1300 x 999 - 468K
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Nice looking work. Welcome to DAZ. :)

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

These look really nice.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

Now that I want!

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

Nice. Via broke my wallet but these look useful.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Those gym shoes look genuinely broken-in, which is great. So many others on the market look like they're new from the store. :)

Very impressive (and my favorite type of clothes - Ordinary, modern day casual wear.)

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited July 2013

Finally - some modelled laces! (^_^)d.

Post edited by M F M on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

These look great... is that your date of birth on the jeans badge? ;-P

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Excellent displacement work. Do you have any clay renders of the jeans?

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Finally - some modelled laces! (^_^)d.

thanks,I was just going to tuck them under the tongue but that would be a bit of a cop-out..and modeling them actually wasn't that hard afterall :)
    so the laces (and shoes) are 16bit displacement mapped and then the knot is modeled

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

Sure is!

edited December 1969

Excellent displacement work. Do you have any clay renders of the jeans?

Here's a clay render of just the displacement and also an overlaid wireframe

Jeans_Popup11.jpg
    1300 x 999 - 207K
    Jeans_Popup12.jpg
    1300 x 999 - 137K
    edited July 2013

Out of curiosity... if Genesis Vickie or Aiko ran away with Mike's jeans and hacked them up with a machete (`.`) and a transmap to make yet another pair of "cutoffs"...
    ... are the rear pockets able to be hidden, showing the material underneath?
    ... is the lining of the front pockets modelled?

Slightly less kitbashingly, will there be a "keys/wallet/phone in pocket" morph? (^_^).

Post edited by M F M on
  • PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

Wow. Want.

• Dr StupidDr Stupid Posts: 313
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

Sure is!

I feel so old :(

Oh wait a moment, I am!

Although everyday wear isn't usually top of my purchase list, I have to agree that these items look outstanding. I'm sure they'll do well for you :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

...oooh, now that's what I'm talking about. I like.

• RiffulRifful Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That is amazingly good! I like the thickness of the fabric and the way the folds lay. Great work on the texture.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

are these straight up DS renders?? they look incredible! and i'm REALLY pleased to see them for Genesis original also! :D

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    are these straight up DS renders?? they look incredible! and i'm REALLY pleased to see them for Genesis original also! :D

yes,these are just basic DAZ Studio renders,the mens sneakers with the background I had to overlay a new surface for the ground to get a better texture resolution..but other than that it's just default uber-environment and a direct light,all the others are also uberlight.
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Out of curiosity... if Genesis Vickie or Aiko ran away with Mike's jeans and hacked them up with a machete (`.`) and a transmap to make yet another pair of "cutoffs"...
    ... is the lining of the front pockets modeled?

Slightly less kitbashingly, will there be a "keys/wallet/phone in pocket" morph? (^_^).

Woman's cut-offs are in the works,but will be a separate product,you could use the polygon group editor to make the pockets a seperate material and then make that area transparent,though I would recommend just waiting for the new cut-offs
    and the jeans do have pockets bulge morphs.

thanks!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

WOW! those jeans look amazing - photorealistic! I had to look twice when I first saw them. Think these will be an auto-buy. :D

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,276
    edited December 1969

And I'd decided my Boys had enough jeans... oh well, you can never have too many sets of jeans and trainers :-)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    ... is the lining of the front pockets modeled?

Woman's cut-offs are in the works,but will be a separate product,you could use the polygon group editor to make the pockets a seperate material and then make that area transparent,though I would recommend just waiting for the new cut-offs
    and the jeans do have pockets bulge morphs.

thanks!
    ...the one issue with having different legging lengths like Shorts, Cutoffs or "Daisy Dukes" is it has to be done with transmaps and in certain instances (such as using "in scene" fog or volumetric effects) the portion that is "turned off" will show up as a faint outline along the lower legs.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Wow, love the texture work and details:) Greatstuff, and a much needed clothing line as well.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited December 1969

There's no such things as too much Jeans... *eyes her almost jeans free wardrobe* Though I need to re-fill my own wardrobe me thinks.

Anyhow, these do look amazing ! Looking forward to see them in store *smiles*

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

You probably should change or remove the back pocket stitching and check other aspects of your jeans texture against Levi Strauss & Co.trademarks. I don't know if they care about 3D jeans but see below.

"According to the New York Times, Levi Strauss leads the apparel industry in trademark infringement cases, filing nearly 100 lawsuits against competitors since 2001. Most cases center on the alleged imitation of Levi's back pocket double arc stitching pattern (U.S. trademark #1,139,254), which Levi filed for trademark in 1978.[22]"

edited December 1969

... Woman's cut-offs are in the works, but will be a separate product, ...

Wonderful! (^_^)... will be watching closely.
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Very, very nice. And may we look forward to ordinary t-shirts, as well? Perhaps even a denim jacket? :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Glad you changed your handle as I thought these were being made by Daz3D.

Anyways great detail, something that I am looking for too, great work.