Mismatched Aspen for Gia Textures...

guslawguslaw Posts: 0
edited July 2013 in The Commons

Hi all,

I'm getting a mismatch between the leg/thigh and torso textures. The legs/thighs look like they're wearing very, very light colored grey stockings. I'm using Poser 2012P.

In addition I'm getting gaps in the seams.

The Body Morph and Textures are straight from the default folder structure - Runtime>Library>Character>DAZ Genesis 2 Female>Character>Morris>Aspen_Gia

Does anyone else experience this issue?

TIA
Walter

Post edited by guslaw on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,736
    edited December 1969

Does the base Gia load and morph correctly? It could be that the extra files (morph and uv set) weren't installed correctly, which would give the results you show with the textures.

• guslawguslaw Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi all,

I’m getting a mismatch between the leg/thigh and torso textures. The legs/thighs look like they’re wearing very, very light colored grey stockings. I’m using Poser 2012P.

In addition I’m getting gaps in the seams.

The Body Morph and Textures are straight from the default folder structure - Runtime>Library>Character>DAZ Genesis 2 Female>Character>Morris>Aspen_Gia

Does anyone else experience this issue?

(I've posted this separately but perhaps I'll get a better response attached to this threat... )

TIA
    Walter

Aspen_Legs.jpg
    800 x 800 - 172K
    Aspen_Arm.jpg
    800 x 800 - 180K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

duplicate threads merged.

edited July 2013

Thanks for the reply Richard.

As far as I can tell everything is installed correctly. I used the default .zip installers. I DID NOT load Gia separately since the Aspen for Gia is a stand-alone .cr2 file along with its default textures (.mc6 file) in the same 'Figures' folder. If I load the base Gia or the Genesis 2 Female first and then the Aspen character I get 2 figures...

Post edited by guslaw on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,736
    edited December 1969

But does the Gia morph work? As i said, this looks very like Poser not finding the needed files (not the ones from the CF installer, but the ones from the main installer).

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Aspen works fine for me. FYI, she uses Gia's UV set, so if there's an issue with UV mapping check to see that you're using the correct ones. If Gia isn't listed, that's likely where your problem lies. Here, I loaded Aspen using the character preset. No other changes.

Aspen.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 424K
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited July 2013

Aspen uses the GIA UV Set. Aspen looks like that if the UV Set is set to Victoria 6.

OPPS: Should have refreshed the thread before posting..

Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited July 2013

Thanks for your replies HeroldOfFire and Lindsey but I think I went brain dead. I'm not sure I understand your instructions as to what to load/use... I need a detailed step-by-step walk-through.

I'm using the AspenCharacter .cr2 file to load the figure and the AspenDefaultMAT .mc6 file to load the texture. Both are in the same Genesis 2 default Poser Library Figures folder/directory. as are the Genesis 2 Base Female figure .cr2 and Gia .cr2 files.

Why this does not work properly is beyond me and why do I have to monkey around with other UV maps. The product page indicated that Compatible 3D Figures is Genesis 2 Female without so much as a readme file or any instructions what-so-ever.... and both the .cr2 and .mc6 files are in the same folder so to my way of thinking they're intended to work together.

Post edited by guslaw on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do you have Gia installed?

edited December 1969

Yes - same location as Aspen - see my post above.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

But did you install the core files, or just the Poser Companion Files?

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

But did you install the core files, or just the Poser Companion Files?

Double check that you installed the Gia DSON files to the same location you installed the genesis essentials. I don't believe you have that installed as it would give you the UVs to properly get the materials of Aspen.

This render is with both Gia installed with Aspen in Poser 2012. I double clicked the "CR2" of aspen as you did... which is really a dummy file (there's no standalone characters with Genesis) to a character preset that loads aspen in the following pose:

(I added a background to spruce up my otherwise dreary render)

GiaTest01.jpg
    756 x 821 - 102K
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

I've been working on a new character that uses the Aspen textures. I've noticed a couple things that seem a bit odd, however, in part once I started exporting to Reality to tweak settings where mismatched textures becomes very obvious:

1) While Aspen is designed for the Gia UV map, the mouth textures seemed a bit off. Switching the UV for the 4 mouth surfaces to Victoria 6 seems to have fixed that. In particular, with the Gia UV selected, there was a bit white slash down the back of the mouth. (Easily seen when setting mouth open wide pose to max.)

2) A number of the surfaces seem inconsistent on setting spec/bump/etc channels. I don't recall which was which, as I've manually corrected them all now. But mostly it was a case of the channel being blank for some of the surfaces. E.g., Torso has a bumpmap set, but the Nipples surface does not.

3) One of the mouth surfaces (I forget which) references the Gia_Face_NM normal map. Which is clearly wrong, since the mouth doesn't even use the same UV layout as the face. No other surfaces reference Gia's normal maps. However, after converting Aspen's bump maps to normal maps, if you add the Aspen and Gia normal maps together in LuxRender, the muscle definition from the Gia normals does help Aspen look better.

FWIW, I'm doing this in Studio 4.6.0.18 and I loaded a base G2F to my scene (I did not use the Gia or V6 preset to load G2F) and then applied the Aspen mat preset file to her and then added the makeup preset with the red warrior band across her eyes. I did not use the Aspen shape preset file, as the figure is instead manually dialspun.

edited July 2013

Thank you all for your help.

I've got the gaps in the Aspen UV maps resolved. I have to load Gia first and then apply the Aspen UV map (and the Aspen shape if I want that... and ignore the AspenCharacter .cr2 file - it's useless as far as I can see.)

I still have the mismatch between the legs/thighs and torso textures when I apply the Aspen UV maps to Gia, Aspen or any Genesis 2 figure. Any thoughts or ideas on that issue?

TIA
    Walter

Aspen_Legs.jpg
    800 x 800 - 172K
    Post edited by guslaw on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

guslaw said:
    Thank you all for your help.

I've got the gaps in the Aspen UV maps resolved. I have to load Gia first and then apply the Aspen UV map (and the Aspen shape if I want that... and ignore the AspenCharacter .cr2 file - it's useless as far as I can see.)

I still have the mismatch between the legs/thighs and torso textures when I apply the Aspen UV maps to Gia, Aspen or any Genesis 2 figure. Any thoughts or ideas on that issue?

TIA
    Walter

I used the aspen cr2 to create my render above.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

I also got good results same pose and no uv problems as Male-M3dia using the cr2 for Aspen in Poser Pro 2012. I have DAZ Studio 4.6 and Poser Pro 2012 installed and use both apps alot.... not sure how all this DSON needs to be installed and work for folks who only use Poser. Also at least in Poser Pro 2012 (not sure about 2014) there isn't an easy way like in DAZ to check your uv map setting.. at least I haven't found it.