Genesis/V5 clothing to V4

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there any way of converting Genesis/V5 clothing to work with V4? There are a number of outfits that I would really like to use but there's no point me buying them at the moment if I don't know I can use them. I should say that I'm using Poser and have no intention of changing to Daz Studio.

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Not really, instead try this:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-to-poser-cr2/

• edited December 1969

Thankyou for replying, but that really doesn't help me. Could you possibly expand a little on 'not really' please?

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

I'll expand on it. No, you can't.
    Or at least not with out a lot of work on your part. Genesis is a completely different figure set up then V4, genesis clothes is designed to work with genesis's new rigging method and weight mapping. V4 has no weight mapping and a far different rigging set up.

Post edited by ManStan on
  • edited December 1969

@ManStan

Thank you, that was much more helpful. At least now I know I can save my money and cancel my Platinum Club membership.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Why?
    Can I assume you are a poser user?

• edited December 1969

Yes, I do use Poser and there really isn't much point paying for Platinum Club membership if Daz really aren't willing to support Poser any more. It's fine with me if they don't want my money.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Or at least not with out a lot of work on your part.

Translation:

You have to morph and rig it by hand.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    edited December 1969

57thkafka said:
    Yes, I do use Poser and there really isn't much point paying for Platinum Club membership if Daz really aren't willing to support Poser any more. It's fine with me if they don't want my money.

There is a new freebie that works in Poser that is only for PC members. If you have not quit already, that is.

Which version of Poser are you using?

If Daz is not willing to support Poser, I guess they are not willing to support Daz Studio 3 and maybe Carrara.

• edited December 1969

@ Miss Bad Wolf

Wow, that was a nice surprise! Thank you very much for pointing that out. I guess I have been feeling a bit demoralised recently and failing to check the Members forum. Maybe I'll hang around a bit longer :-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Miss Bad Wolf
    All the NON-GENESIS item will work in DS3, DS3A, Carrara and Poser. Only the Genesis items will not. Now with that said I must admit MOST PC items now days (90%+) are Genesis only items. I find that disappointing also because I'm not FLUENT in DS4 yet.

• edited December 1969

@Jaderail

My problem is that there have been some nice outfits released only for Genesis. I have tried all versions of Daz Studio so far and that is why I have stuck with Poser, so Genesis simply isn't an option for me. That and I just can't afford to buy a whole new figure and addons.