Poser Saved Figures in Daz 4

Death ZDeath Z Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Okay so heres the deal. I work between Poser and Daz Studio depending on what I'm doin' or tryin' to acheive. The problem I am having is that I can't create figures in Daz and them load them in Poser, so I create my figures in Poser that way I can use them in either program, but the issue latley is alot of the figures are not loading right in Daz. Morphs and such are not loading.
Am I don' something wrong? is there a way to fix this problem so I can use created figures in both programs flawlessly?

Thank you for your help with this matter...

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The problem I am having is that I can’t create figures in Daz and them load them in Poser, so I create my figures in Poser that way I can use them in either program, but the issue latley is alot of the figures are not loading right in Daz. Morphs and such are not loading.

All of the DAZ 3D figures prior to Genesis were in Poser format, so there should not be any problem there. Genesis and Genesis 2 are completely different figures, and are in DAZ Studio Format. To use them in Poser you require the DSON importer for Poser.

What version of DAZ Studio and Poser are you using? There is no difference in the rigging for figures in DS or Poser up to Poser 8, from Poser 9 onwards, Poser used a different rigging system I believe. Legacy figures like V4 and M4 etc, should still work in Poser 9 and beyond without any workarounds, Genesis, as stated, will require the DSON importer.
  • Death ZDeath Z Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

I'm not using any of the Genisis figures. It's mostly M4 & V4 and a few orginial figures.
    Using Poser 9 and Daz 4.6 pro.
    The figures come in, but any morphs or changes to the character don't load in Daz

edited December 1969

I really don't see why there should be a problem, either way, but perhaps Poser 9 does something different when saving a file, I have no idea as I only have Poser 8.

DAZ Studio can open Poser Format files, and always could. I don't see how you would have any problems at all using DAZ 3D Gen 4 Content inside DAZ Studio, or Poser for that matter? There is a CR2 exporter inside DS4.6, and DS can open/Import PZ3 files.

An explanation of exactly what the problem is may help. What figures, what morphs, how are you saving them, how are you importing them etc?

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Do you have binary morphs turned on in Poser? If they are turned on, they create PMD files (which contain your morphs) which DAZ Studio cannot read.

• Death ZDeath Z Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

I don't know if the binary morphs are turned on... how would I check that?

So I have a character created using M4, with creature morphs, textures and cloths.
    When I open the saved figure in Daz everything opens right execpt the morphs. It says "Failed to load deltas for morph line"

And in turn if I create a figure in Daz and save it as a poser file. The character opens find in Poser but none of the cloths or props are saved in the file.

Thank you again for your assistance with this problem.

edited December 1969

In Poser, go to Edit > General Preferences > Misc, and uncheck 'Use external binary morphs targets', at least, that is where it is for Poser 8 which is the latest version that I have.

And in turn if I create a figure in Daz and save it as a poser file

How are you saving the file in DAZ Studio, what format? DAZ Studio will open PZ3 Poser Scene Files, but it does not save them. Even Poser only saves one character (no clothes or hair) when saving as a CR2 file, just the selected figure. You would need a separate CR2 for each item, but since the Gen 4 figures and earlier come in Poser Format (CR2) there would be no point in doing that.

Does that help?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited July 2013

The CR2 exporter in DS doesn't work with multiple figures/conformers, it only exports one of them, and DS4 isn't all that Poser friendly so our PZ3 importer plugin probably can't cope with all of the items in your CR2.

@ Jimmy, there's a long standing "bug" in Poser where you can save a figure, clothing and props into a single CR2, if they had "fixed" it when it first appeared then every body would be saving their characters as PZ3, now it's far to late to "fix" it as they would get lynched if they did.

EDIT
    Just tried it with one of my V4 characters and it loaded without any issue, however that was made in Poser6 and I have binary morphs turned off in it, I might remake it in Debut (butchered P8) but I really can't stand the interface in it.

PS just to clarify, I call it a bug even though it's a feature, it's just that most abuse the crap out of it, and save everything including the kitchen sink with it.

Post edited by Bejaymac on
    edited July 2013

Thanks for your help Bejaymac..

EDIT:

I just saw your EDIT, and I remember trying this many years ago in Poser. I tried saving my fully clothed figure to the Library, to save me from having to rebuild it each time I wanted to use it, , but it didn't work then. I only got the bare character, but that may have been Poser 6 (or 5), not sure now.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,835
    edited December 1969

Took me a while way back then to figure it out too, everything needs to be conformed to the figure and any props need to be parented to it, and with the figure selected you save it back to the figure library, you get the usual pop up asking for a name, then you get a second pop up with two buttons on it (P6), one is for whole group, the other is single figure.

edited December 1969

Ah, I'm sure I got it wrong then. It seemed like a great idea to me to have a fully clothed figure ready to go, but I never used Poser much anyway. Thanks for explaining it, I may try it again now sometime in P8.