The Windmill [Commercial]

Merlin StudiosMerlin Studios Posts: 317
edited July 2013 in The Commons

The Windmill is a medieval mill scene with complete interiors and surrounding 360 degree environment for Poser and Daz Studio. It covers almost 50 square meters of landscape and includes the mill, the millers shack and toilet, an ancient over grown ruin, and a massive old oak tree. There are 37 props in total including 4 fully modeled tree types (no transmaps).

It has a 360 degree view of the English countryside and comes with 4 different skydomes and light sets.

http://www.daz3d.com/the-windmill/

Post edited by Merlin Studios on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Super set, jumped into my cart the minute I saw it.

• Merlin StudiosMerlin Studios Posts: 317
    edited December 1969

Also, if you if you buy The Windmill right now you get 40% off my related environment sets!

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Yep this is a MUST BUY going into my cart shortly..

Would you consider doing an interior set for the Windmill as an addon/additional set at some point in the future.??

S.K.

edited December 1969

Yep this is a MUST BUY going into my cart shortly..

Would you consider doing an interior set for the Windmill as an addon/additional set at some point in the future.??

S.K.

Thanks, the Windmill interior is included in the set, as is the inside of the millers shack :)

Windmill08.jpg
    807 x 1050 - 389K
    Windmill07.jpg
    807 x 1050 - 375K
    Windmill06.jpg
    807 x 1050 - 327K
  • swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Boink.!!!!!!!!

Amazing..

S.K.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Outstanding and 'cartable'

edited December 1969

Thanks guys! I'm working on an HD promo video of this set, I should have it done...dare I say it...soon :)

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Just had a wee play...

Windy_Mill.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Just had a wee play...

Great job on the rain effect and motion blur! Will the windmill be flying over the church in the next render? lol!

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I must say it is amazing set. When I saw the amount of props in it I couldn't believe the number and variety.

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

Great scene! wonderful details!!! Love it!

If I render the outdoor scene I get stripes on the background, any idea how this comes?

windmill0011.jpg
    500 x 359 - 150K
    edited December 1969

Juju said:

If I render the outdoor scene I get stripes on the background, any idea how this comes?

If you turn down the shading rate in the Daz Studio render settings the black lines go :)

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

Thank you very very much!

• GreenleafCatGreenleafCat Posts: 56
    edited July 2013

Juju said:

If you turn down the shading rate in the Daz Studio render settings the black lines go :)

Do you have a recommended value?

I get those lines when it is 1.0, so I dropped it to .02 and the skydome lines went away, but there is still a line that I have figured out is the top of the MRLN_Pano object?

Edited to add: You can see the line I'm talking about in the store promo for the sunset scene, on the left side of the image, just above the lower vane.

Post edited by GreenleafCat on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited July 2013

Is this the line you see? But I am only doing a shading rate of .50 (I think. I am in the middle of a render and can't see it at the moment)
    CLICK TO ENLARGE.

windmillLine.jpg
    861 x 201 - 142K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • GreenleafCatGreenleafCat Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

Yes that is the line. It goes away if I hide the pano which seems to be the mountain backdrop.
    I've tried shading rate 0.02, 0.1 and 1.0 and I think maybe 2.0, so I don't think shading rate is causing that one.

I also see that line in the sunset promo, so it may just be an artifact of that object.

It's not actually the top of the pano though, it seems to be somewhat below that.

I'm not that bothered, it's such a lovely set.

• drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

What happened to this product? It seems to have disappeared. :(

edited July 2013

Merlin is probably fixing the line issue? Glad I already have it installed- there's so many other usable parts until they see what's going on with it. (EDIT- I did a review of it, if you want to see under the windmill and some distant shots. It will be a couple pages back if you click on my art studio link below.)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

I've had a word with the powers that be and it's back up in the store. I've been away on holiday so not had a chance to look at the black line issue until now :)

edited December 1969

That's great news! Glad other people can get it that haven't gotten around to it yet.

• the3dwizardthe3dwizard Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

Nice set! I really like the interiors!

Cheers!

• drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

Yep yep, as soon as I saw it was back, I picked it up. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet.