Poser Pro 2014 Fitting Room Help Pls

kmw_5213kmw_5213 Posts: 74
edited July 2013 in The Commons

Hi all.

I was recently commissioned to enter a commercial for a client looking to expand their Internet presence. My deadline is pretty tight. Two weeks in fact. I went straight to Mike4 of course. My go to guy for projects. Unfortunately, there's no version of Mimic that works in Poser and TalkIt doesn't work effectively with DAZ figures. So I went to Simon. I didn't want to use the blocky clothes that Poser tends to have for its figures and used the Fitting Room to give Simon a shirt from Mike's Stylin collection.

Unfortunately, I keep getting the mishap you see below. I've been trying to figure out what's going wrong and have already wasted a day. I'm deep in the manual but it only tells what everything does, not what could go wrong. :-)

Can anybody give me a crash course on what I need to do it here? I'd really appreciate it.

thx in advance.

kmw

Post edited by kmw_5213 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited July 2013

Although I have PP2014 I haven't had time to play with the Fitting Room, so this is going to be speculative. My first guess would be that there are mat (falloff) spheres on the arms and they are just failing to include the mesh at the end of the arm. The other possibility, if the mesh gets regrouped, is that a few polygons at the end were not assigned to the arm groups, but that sounds unlikely. The problem on the chest could be the same, or if Simon uses magnets the way V4 does (I know some Poser figures do have joint controlled magnets) it could be that the magnets aren't applying to the clothes, or it could even be an issue with the bulge setting or a JCMorph - it might be simplest to use the morph brush to fix that rather than fighting the rigging anyway.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

The fitting room is not perfect. It can be a bit hit or miss as to what clothing items will work or not and i am by no means an expert. I have run into this issue before. a couple things you might try are

Select your clothing figure, then click the figure tab at the top and click copy joint zones from figure and then select your human figure

Another thing you can try is in the morph tool select the tighten fit tool and set the goal to what ever human figure your clothing is on, then paint the bad areas with the morph tool

Here are a couple videos that might help in using the fitting room

http://youtu.be/vtUtltmXFCk

http://youtu.be/IQrvVXQbnCY

What do you mean there is no version of Mimic that works with Poser? I've used Mimic Pro with Poser for years. Granted working with the Gen 4 figures in Mimic takes quite a bit of adjusting the animation, but it does work. Then you simply export the Pz2 file to Poser and load it like any pose file, it will add the mimic animation to what ever animation you have set up in Poser already.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

maybe import the object file and try making a dynamic simulation with the clothing??? there's some nice dynamic T's about the place. would look much better for a commercial project than that skin tight top.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited July 2013

Have you checked Poserworld to see what they have as well?

If the fitting room isn't giving you the results you need quickly enough, have you tried using Wardrobe Wizard? Granted, if you don't already have it, you will need to pick up the M4 add on at PhilC.net but it's less than $10 and once you have it you'll have a means to convert any M4 clothing to Poser included figures as needed.

Or has been already posted, convert the clothing to dynamic and go that route.

Post edited by icprncss on
  • kmw_5213kmw_5213 Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick response, guys.

My first guess would be that there are mat (falloff) spheres on the arms and they are just failing to include the mesh at the end of the arm. The other possibility, if the mesh gets regrouped, is that a few polygons at the end were not assigned to the arm groups, but that sounds unlikely.

Your first guess was my thought as well. I just didn't know what to do about it. But I've been given a few ideas here to tackle.

The problem on the chest could be the same, or if Simon uses magnets the way V4 does (I know some Poser figures do have joint controlled magnets) it could be that the magnets aren't applying to the clothes, or it could even be an issue with the bulge setting or a JCMorph - it might be simplest to use the morph brush to fix that rather than fighting the rigging anyway.

The chest isn't really a problem. Of the many simulations I ran on that shirt, that was the only time I got that poke through. And I've been using Poser long enough to know how to work my around that. Thanks, Richard.

Select your clothing figure, then click the figure tab at the top and click copy joint zones from figure and then select your human figure

Another thing you can try is in the morph tool select the tighten fit tool and set the goal to what ever human figure your clothing is on, then paint the bad areas with the morph tool

I will give these a shot. Thanks.

Here are a couple videos that might help in using the fitting room

Fingers crossed!

What do you mean there is no version of Mimic that works with Poser? I've used Mimic Pro with Poser for years. Granted working with the Gen 4 figures in Mimic takes quite a bit of adjusting the animation, but it does work. Then you simply export the Pz2 file to Poser and load it like any pose file, it will add the mimic animation to what ever animation you have set up in Poser already.

DAZ no longer sells a version of Mimic Pro for a software that isn't theirs. They have versions for Carrara and Studio, but no longer one for Poser. Now I have previous versions of Mimic I just can't find them for some reason, so I am familiar with using Mimic and I know it has worked in my animations in the past. I'd hoped Mimic Lite would suit my purposes but all I get is an error message saying it can't import my WAV file. And unfortunately the software only supports WAV. So essentially Mimic Pro is useless in Poser Pro 2014.

maybe import the object file and try making a dynamic simulation with the clothing??? there's some nice dynamic T's about the place. would look much better for a commercial project than that skin tight top.

Thanks for the tip. Sadly, I have as much experience with Dynamic Clothing as I do with the Fitting Room. While I've played with DC for still images, I can't say I have the time to learn how to make it function across an animation.

Have you checked Poserworld to see what they have as well?

I did. They unfortunately don't have anything that I can use for this project.

If the fitting room isn't giving you the results you need quickly enough, have you tried using Wardrobe Wizard? Granted, if you don't already have it, you will need to pick up the M4 add on at PhilC.net but it's less than $10 and once you have it you'll have a means to convert any M4 clothing to Poser included figures as needed.

Actually forgot about WW. It's included with PP 2014 so it's definitely something I should try. Thanks.

HOr has been already posted, convert the clothing to dynamic and go that route.

Like I said, my experience with DC and animations is null. And I can't say I have the time to learn it when I have about 10 days to render a 90 second commercial.

kmw

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

If you purchased Mimic Pro before then it will still be in your Product Library in your account, it will say ( inactive ) but you can still down load it and install it, and it will be the old version that lets you export Pz2 files. I know because I had to do that my self.

Yes mimic uses wav files. And if i remember correctly the wav files needed to be saved a certain way in order to work in Mimic. I remember that some times a wav file would not load in mimic and i had to pull it up in Roxio and resave it in order for it to work, It has been some time since I have done it so i don't remember the exact process. And I haven't had time to really experiment with it lately. But I know it is possible.

Good luck on your project, I hope you get it all sorted out.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited December 1969

Hello
    For the chest problem : fitting room could be ok, but you can use the classic morph tool.
    Select your Tshirt, on poser select the morphing tool (the little finger), this opens a window, click on create, click on custom morph and the new, name your morph, and.. morph.

For the sleeves problem, which is I think the most important.
    Determine if the problem comes for :
    1. Shoulder or ForeArm.
    Then if it comes from :
    2. Bend, twist, side side, or twist front back up down.
    To determine this, select the caracter shoulder and move it with the dials - first bend (is it ok, yes, no), then twist, etc, etc..Same with the ForeArm, and see when the problem appears. Note it.
    For instance, if you see the problem is when you "bend" of the "Right forearm", (you can do the same with "twist" and "shoulder" for instance, depending where is your problem". Then :
    1. Select your Tshirt Right ForeArm (right or left, you'll do the same on the other one).
    2. Once selected, open the joint editor (window, joint editor).
    3. Click on the "center" in the joint editor window in order to select "Bend "instead of center.
    4. Once this is done, go in the property panel (where you can see the rotate, scale, of the Tshirt forearm). Click on the Right Forearm you see on the top of this property panel, and chose, "prop", "inner mat sphere". Increase the x y or z scale of this inner mat sphere. if the problem is solved, ok, otherwise do the same for the outer mat sphere.
    You problem is typical of a joint problem.
    I hope this helps.
    I've just made a jpg with the steps to follow.

help.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 465K
    edited July 2013

Thank you, Kadix. This is extremely useful.

kmw

Post edited by kmw_5213 on
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited July 2013

You're very welcome.
    I'll be very happy when you'll post here that you solved your problem ;)
    If you have any further questions you can ask me.
    Sometimes your problem can also come from the collar junctions, so if when you test shoulder and ForeArm you do not see the problem, then it will then come from the collar rotations.
    I edit myself :
    when the problem is solved, don't forget to save your new tshirt as a CR2, and (I think) preferentially in the original runtime you took it from.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
    edited December 1969

If you purchased Mimic Pro before then it will still be in your Product Library in your account, it will say ( inactive ) but you can still down load it and install it, and it will be the old version that lets you export Pz2 files. I know because I had to do that my self.

No ... no ... please don't ask me to go into the quagmire that is the DAZ Order History...

Oh, the humanity!

Last time I was in there looking for a file I almost lost an arm. The fingernail still hasn't grown back...

Yes mimic uses wav files. And if i remember correctly the wav files needed to be saved a certain way in order to work in Mimic. I remember that some times a wav file would not load in mimic and i had to pull it up in Roxio and resave it in order for it to work, It has been some time since I have done it so i don't remember the exact process. And I haven't had time to really experiment with it lately. But I know it is possible.

Actually I was a little surprised it didn't work because I've never had any problems at all with Mimic. The best time I had with it was a few years back — well, maybe more than a few — when I created an animation for what was then my employer. It was the first and only time I had an actual voice cast. I was cross-talking and all that fun stuff! So when I couldn't get TalkIt to work with Mike I just went ahead and bought Mimic thinking it was going to be a skip through the ...

I'm sorry. I just got a chill thinking about going into my DAZ Order History.

What was I saying?

Good luck on your project, I hope you get it all sorted out.

Thanks. I'm gonna need it.

kmw