Growing Up for Genesis2 Female Base (Now Available) (Commercial)

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Think it has to do with texture stretching. Think they preffer UV sets on the figure that eliminates most of that. V4 UV stretches badly in quite a few places eg the breast area and thigh's so its understandable why they would only want texture UV's that perform better in that regard. It is a bummer, but I think they want people to start using more current texture sets that have been improved. But at least we can still use V4 sets with MallenLanes Clone:) Just save as a duf:)

And that's what I'm hoping DAZ is doing. I wouldn't mind dropping previous Gen skins if the next one has better ones in the same essence of what I look for. Anyone who makes the effort to put out some nice Gen 6 kid skins will be hear from my debit card. : )
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Well Even V5 Uv set is good. I'll see If I can round up support from Other PA's.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Well Even V5 Uv set is good. I'll see If I can round up support from Other PA's.

Okay, more respect points for you! :D
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Think it has to do with texture stretching. Think they preffer UV sets on the figure that eliminates most of that. V4 UV stretches badly in quite a few places eg the breast area and thigh's so its understandable why they would only want texture UV's that perform better in that regard. It is a bummer, but I think they want people to start using more current texture sets that have been improved. But at least we can still use V4 sets with MallenLanes Clone:) Just save as a duf:)

I would even agree with that, but then they release the Belle Texture for V6 which has probably the most misplaced elbow texture I've ever seen on a character :/
    And I still don't see a reason to stop numbering the Genesis 2 surfaces. Unless they WANT to make it harder to edit V6's surfaces.

The whole surface debacle is one of those DAZ things I just can't wrap my head around. But at least they have you to fix their characters in the morph department ;D

edited July 2013

You can still see the numbering by choosing Legacy layout?. I'll ask Daz about the elbow on the Belle texture set and see whats the story there. Lol, and most of my products are just added features, not really fixes, (except bend morphs) But thanks man:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    You can still see the numbering by choosing Legacy layout?

You can. If you use the surface tab in DS. But what about the Poser users? Or Reality users? Or anyone else who uses anything but the surface tab to edit V6's surfaces? The thing is, I don't see why anyone would think that it might be a good idea to get rid of the numbered surfaces. What is the gain that justifies making it an incredible pita to edit the surfaces of their new figure in anything but the DS surface tab?
    This is the point where my brain kinda starts cooking :D

Lol, and most of my products are just added features, not really fixes, (except bend morphs) But thanks man:)

Ooooookay....then let me rephrase: your products fix my need for figures with added features :D

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

This looks awesome!! Is there any chance you'd be doing "Growing Up" for Genesis 1??or are ya gonna make me get into using Genesis 2??
    I know ,I know we've got the child morph and the teens for Genesis1 ........butttttt ........Okay I'll be quiet now ........

edited July 2013

No Genesis1 version planned unfortunately. But thats why I made something like Shape Shift, so you can modify those teen and child shapes that already exist. I don't know how valid this product will be on Genesis1, but Genesis2 definately needs it. I already have to start over for the Genesis2 male version when it comes out, so I don't think I will have the energy to do this product over again lol. Also this product contains breast morphs for females as they grow up, something that works with the breast bones Genesis2 provides, which Genesis1 does not have. But you never know, when I have free time I might change my mind, but for right now, I have to stick to the schedual:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for answering!! So I'll just go play with Shape Shift and let you get back to work .....and save my change for when this comes out . ......

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

I don't want to derail this thread, Zev0, but I am still hoping to get the skin overlays that go with the aging product. Any status on that project?

edited December 1969

Will be completed by the end of the month. Then we will just be testing the layers etc..making sure it is ready.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Thanks, that is good to hear!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,515
    edited July 2013

...OK it does look really good from a physique standpoint.

Still a bit confused by what UVs will and won't work for G2F and how to get different skin textures without a lot of pain and extra expense. I really wish (and don't know why) the YT5s used the V4 UV instead of the ones for either Genesis or V5.

My other concern is clothing fits. Have you tested fitting other clothing content (Genesis and Legacy)?

I have to look at this from an economic standpoint for to set this up to where I can recreate my female child/teen characters as I am on an extremely limited income being out of work. Considering I already have several of my characters designed with the Original Genesis and can pretty much cross dress them in almost anything (even put Leela in the M3 Space Suit), I am wondering how much of a total investment it will be to get close to the versatility I already have.

Just to get started I will need the G2F Head/Body morphs, V4 Clone, and TC2 bundle with the K4 plugin which is a fairly hefty expenditure for me in addition to whatever Growing Up will cost.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited July 2013

Clothing fits fine:) They fit like they do on the Genesis2 base in default state. And I wont make this product expensive. I'll try and keep it as low as I can.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2013

...apologies, revised my post to be a little more concise. (never seen the "Edited by" tag in the new forums before).

Is that just Genesis clothing? As I understand to fit V4 clothing to G2F one now needs the V4 clone.

edited July 2013

Yes for V4 clothing you need the V4 clone. By default, Genesis2 is compatable with Genesis1 clothing. But the clone is worth it. It doesn't mangle the shoes like it did on Genesis1, and I have a lot of V4 shoes lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2013

Zev0 said:
    Clothing fits fine:) They fit like they do on the Genesis2 base in default state. And I wont make this product expensive. I'll try and keep it as low as I can.

...it's not so much the price of Growing Up (especially when it will have a discounted price on release) as it is for everything else to make this work. The TC2 and K4 plugin alone come to nearly 35$. The Head/Body Morph bundle (when not on sale) and V4 clone total another 38$. For me that is a "big ticket" purchase.
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Yes for V4 clothing you need the V4 clone. By default, Genesis2 is compatable with Genesis1 clothing. But the clone is worth it. It doesn't mangle the shoes like it did on Genesis1, and I have a lot of V4 shoes lol.

...so no Aiko3 clothing, Kids 4 clothing, or Sadie (except what was released for Genesis Sadie) clothing then.
    edited July 2013

Well you can convert the K4 textures to V4 using Daz map transfer which comes free with Studio, however you will have to fix up the seams a little, and do the transfer one map at a time. Bulk transfers mess up the conversion, but the results are more accurate than TC2.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAIoOjSSgjc
    http://poser2octane.deviantart.com/journal/Daz-Studio-4-Map-Transfer-Mini-Tutorial-303942620

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited July 2013

What about autofitting to Genesis 1 (or use SickleYeild's system) save the result and try fitting that to G2F? The saved result ought to be a Genesis item, of sorts.

ETA: We're in a transitional stage right now, regardless, so all kinds of things will end up needing an extra step in order to work.

Post edited by JOdel on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Zev0 said:

...so no Aiko3 clothing, Kids 4 clothing, or Sadie (except what was released for Genesis Sadie) clothing then.

Not at this stage no. But I'm sure those options will eventually be available via a 3rd party.

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    What about autofitting to Genesis 1 (or use SickleYeild's system) save the result and try fitting that to G2F? The saved result ought to be a Genesis item, of sorts.

That could work, haven't personally tried it out yet:) But people are finding ways to get content across.

edited July 2013

Zev0 said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Zev0 said:

Not at this stage no. But I'm sure those options will eventually be available via a 3rd party.
    ...that's what I was afraid of, more additional expense for what I already have with the original

Again, while this looks to be a wonderful product that almost get's me interested in moving up, economics most likely will keep me from getting on board. I already have a number of characters developed with the original Genesis. Clothing fits (thanks to Sickle Yield's Rigging and morphing utility) go a lot smoother. I have YT5, I have Gen X and the figure plugins I need for morph/character transfers and extra UV maps.

This has more to do with the new "limitations" of the G2F figure which requires repurchasing just about everything I have in the way of figure utilities.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited July 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

...that's what I was afraid of, more additional expense for what I already have with the original

Again, while this looks to be a wonderful product that almost get's me interested in moving up, economics most likely will keep me from getting on board. I already have a number of characters developed with the original Genesis. Clothing fits (thanks to Sickle Yield's Rigging and morphing utility) go a lot smoother. I have YT5, I have Gen X and the figure plugins I need for morph/character transfers and extra UV maps.

This has more to do with the new "limitations" of the G2F figure which requires repurchasing just about everything I have in the way of figure utilities.

Genesis clothing will autofit to G2F, so all you need to do is save your autofitted clothing from other figures... which you should be doing anyway, since it reduces the size of your scene files. But aside from the V4 clone (which was $10), I haven't invested much in Gen6, aside from wanting more glamours female clothing for my promos.

Zev0's solution is a much better than the YT5 as it's easier to morph and make better teens.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited December 1969

...so how do you go about saving autofit clothing without fitting it to a specific character?

Also, without at least the G2F Morphs isn't it pretty limited? Right now with the V4 clone, that is a 30$ expenditure (as the morph bundle is currently on sale).

While I admit the child and teen shapes do look really good, having to use things like third party clones, or utilities like the TC2 and forthcoming GenX update to get even close to the same versatility I have now with the original Genesis, seems a big expense for the gain in "realism", especially after all that I have already invested in both time and resources up to now.

I still remember struggling with trying to turn Vicky4 into a teen and all the hours/weeks/months I spent morphing and all the content I purchased to make it finally work as there was no Gen4 teen figure.

...and that was when I still had a steady income as well as being able to take advantage of vouchers form the PC, gallery submissions, special offers, and extra discounts which no longer exist.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited July 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so how do you go about saving autofit clothing without fitting it to a specific character?

Once you autofit (or use the transfer tool) a gen3 or gen4 outfit to genesis save it as file->save as->Figure/Prop Assets (somthing like that)... Then you can load the clothing back to genesis or aiutofit it to Genesis 2.

Also, without at least the G2F Morphs isn't it pretty limited? Right now with the V4 clone, that is a 30$ expenditure (as the morph bundle is currently on sale).

Well for bodyshapes, yeah you'll have to eventually invest in those. However Zev0's product has a few morphs dials that you dial in percentages to get a bit more variation. Since it uses the base Genesis 2, it works pretty well with that.

While I admit the child and teen shapes do look really good, having to use things like third party clones, or utilities like the TC2 and forthcoming GenX update to get even close to the same versatility I have now with the original Genesis, seems a big expense for the gain in "realism", especially after all that I have already invested in both time and resources up to now.

You can probably get around buying TC2 by using the map transfer utility. Not sure how well GenX will work if you don't have the similar shape.

I still remember struggling with trying to turn Vicky4 into a teen and all the hours/weeks/months I spent morphing and all the content I purchased to make it finally work as there was no Gen4 teen figure.

...and that was when I still had a steady income as well as being able to take advantage of vouchers form the PC, gallery submissions, special offers, and extra discounts which no longer exist.

Although i can sympathize with not having the funds to properly upgrade, really this isn't a product that will help you convert your figures from Genesis 1. However if you do have the V4 shape in both, you could probably use the transfer tool to copy head morphs based on that, such as your teen, then use that as a base for your teen character's head. Then you could mix in that head with zev's morphs and get your teen's shape. It may need some cleanup, but it something you could do with relatively low cost.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited July 2013

...well, I had to pretty much start over with Genesis.

Used Satstuki at first because like all Throne/Sarsa characters, she had improved breast and hip morphing which made it easier to dial in a more petite size. When I got GenX I added tehV4 Morphs++ and Steph4 along with the NPMs.

When the Young Teens5 were released, I had to rebuild Leela again.

However with Genesis it was no where near the time consuming struggle (especially trying to get clothing to fit properly) as it was with Gen4.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Darn it Zev, stop making cool stuff I have to buy!

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

This looks great, Zev0 - didn't see this thread until just now. Will absolutely be jumping on this when it arrives!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Still a bit confused by what UVs will and won't work for G2F and how to get different skin textures without a lot of pain and extra expense. I really wish (and don't know why) the YT5s used the V4 UV instead of the ones for either Genesis or V5.

They do use the V4 UV set, though.