Noob here. I'm trying to find info on how to add music to DAZ.

votero22votero22 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hey everyone I'm new to DAZ and I'm trying to find info on how to add music to DAZ (sound bite?) I've been watching stuff on YouTube but I can't find anything on how to add music.

Also I've been using animate and I'm having a hard trying to figure out how to zoom out. I have two figures in frame, but when i start to get them to dance I can only see one or one and half of the other one. I can never see both. Could someone tell me what I need to do to be able to see both.

Thanks

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Votero22

under the EDIT menu in Daz Studio 4, you should see an option to ad AUDIO.
    You'll then get a window where you can browse to select an audio file .

To see more of your scene, you can either create a "new camera" then move it back from your figures,
    or, select a different viewport layout, for example the "Quad" view, allow you to see four different views,
    EG: Front, Left, Camera1, Top.
    you can also change any of these views .

hope it helps :)

• votero22votero22 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hi 3DAGE,

I found audio file but how do attachet it? I found song and when I click open it say's nothing there, but I know it's there becuase I listen to the song on my computer. any help would be great..

edited December 1969

HI :)

Make sure you're using an audio file format which Daz Studio can play ,. Either .WAV on PC , or .AIFF on Mac
    Compressed audio formats like MP3 will not work.

hope it helps

edited December 1969

3DAGE,

I am using MP3. can you tell me how to covert an MP3 to WAV on my PC? Is there a program? Thanks for all your help.

edited December 1969

Try www.downloads.com
    it's a useful source for legitimate Trial / Demo / Free-ware

There should be some MP3 to WAV converters there.
    I can't suggest any specific program, as I make my own music, so, converting MP3's into WAV, isn't something I use a separate program for,.. since most music sequencers will export as Wav and / or MP3 if you need it.

Also, bear in mind the possible copyright issues of converting and/or using this audio, if the audio isn't your original creation.

hope it helps

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

votero22 said:
    3DAGE,

I am using MP3. can you tell me how to covert an MP3 to WAV on my PC? Is there a program? Thanks for all your help.

I use Free Rip (http://freerip.com/). I usually use it for converting WAV to MP3 (my DAW won't export MP3 without an expensive plug-in), but it works going the other way, too. It supports a wide variety of audio formats, so it should handle anything you might throw at it.

edited December 1969

Thank you both I will try.. :-)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

STUPID question time: Are you trying to add a lip synced voice or are you trying to add background music?

If you wish to add background music you will need a third party video editing program. Load your Animation into it and add the music as a track behind (lower on the tracks) of sound than your lip synced voices.

The Audio in DS is only for adding speech files to your characters to make them talk.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail,

I'm trying to add music to my dancing characters. How would I do that?

edited December 1969

Hi Votero22 :)

Normally,. (even in feature films) the sound and vocals are recorded and added in (post production)
    You would use a Video editor Like Adobe Premiere, Adobe After effects, Final Cut, to "Composite" the animation frames, an the audio soundtrack, vocals and effects tracks.
    As Jaderail points out,. Audio in DS4 is mainly used for creating Lip-sync animation from a vocal.
    However,.. You should be able to add Music, as long as it's in WAV format. and it should play back with the animation.
    Audio will only be exported with the animation is you render to a movie format like AVI, and that usually means either a really Big (uncompressed) file,. or a smaller (lower quality) compressed file.
    That's why the audio is added to the animation in post production, ..to retain the High quality image, and have the ability to edit the Audio if needed.
    Hope it helps :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

votero22 said:
    Jaderail,

I'm trying to add music to my dancing characters. How would I do that?

What Operating System are you on? Windows or Mac?

Please note: as 3Dage points out you can add the music in DS so it will save with your file but that is not the best way to do it. Keep your Ram free for the animation.

If your Win, the stupid Movie Maker would let you do it. Just Make your animation and save the file. Open Movie Maker load your Animation and then add your soundtrack.
  • LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I can recommend Audacity if your still looking for a free program to convert your sound. It also has all sorts of editing features if you want to tweak your sound to suit your animation.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

edited December 1969

I just want to thank everyone for all the help and input. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions... I'm trying to do a project for my kids and I'm not good with computers. LOL :-)

• becker1andrewbecker1andrew Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link Loaar. I also searching for this. Appreciated.