Growing Up for Genesis2 Female Base (Now Available) (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
edited August 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Sneak peak at project Growing up. I used lots of medical reference for proportions, shape and scaling with regard to different age groups. (body and face) The product will start from 5 years old and from there you can create any age you want up to the Female base shape (adult). Here are some WIP shots. Will also probably have some breast shapes to the relative age groups, so far I have not made any so ignore the chest area for now lol. There has been requests for child and teen morphs for Genesis2, so I thought I'd give it a go and it is something I always wanted to try.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited July 2013

Comparison between Kids4, Genesis basic child morph and Genesis2 5 year morph.

comparison_rear.jpg
    1000 x 1033 - 212K
    comparison_side.jpg
    1000 x 1033 - 227K
    comparison_front.jpg
    1000 x 1033 - 246K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2013

Examples of how the face changes as the slider is dialed. Second pic is with a face morph applied.

face2.jpg
    2000 x 579 - 460K
    face1.jpg
    2000 x 559 - 383K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2013

Some test renders. One of a young teen and of a child.

child1.jpg
    1000 x 1033 - 138K
    young_teen.jpg
    1000 x 1033 - 135K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Face looks good to me. Much improvement over past generations AFAIC.

Legs? I think they're too long, as is her torso.

I also think she's thinner than the average 5 year old, even in this day of PC.

Her back posture? Doesn't look right for a kid to me.

In all she kind of looks like she has super model proportions.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Looks good, need to keep my eye on this one.

I assume you're going with the averages on proportions and sizes, which is fine.

The 5 year old does look a little on the tall and thin side, but to me it looks like the sort of kid who comes from tall parents, never seems to eat and is always outside trying to keep up with the big kids.

edited July 2013

Looks good, need to keep my eye on this one.

I assume you're going with the averages on proportions and sizes, which is fine.

The 5 year old does look a little on the tall and thin side, but to me it looks like the sort of kid who comes from tall parents, never seems to eat and is always outside trying to keep up with the big kids.

Yes, the average on proportions and sizes. This is for the Base shape, so average is the safest option. The 5 year morph is around 42" tall. Guess I can thicken her up a bit with a morph that you just dial in:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

This might actually get me to take up gen2f. Love your morphs...if someone comes up with an official male morph for the figure as well you may just convert me. ; )

• MickyBeMickyBe Posts: 336
    edited July 2013

Wow, that looks great Zev0 !!
    Impatient to see that product in the store ! : )

Post edited by MickyBe on
  • drinkingbuddydrinkingbuddy Posts: 350
    edited December 1969

Definitely interested in this. Looks good!

• Paula SandersPaula Sanders Posts: 321
    edited December 1969

Hope this comes out soon. Thanks for all your great products.

edited July 2013

Here is an updated version of the child and teen comparison both in default state and next to them with the child weight morph dialled up slightly. Still need to tackle the breasts but its getting there.

Teen.jpg
    853 x 882 - 204K
    Child_Test.jpg
    853 x 882 - 221K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

That looks good. My mom instincts of "are you eating enough" don't kick in with the slight weight. :)

(Not that I'm one to talk. I spent my childhood in the 5th percentile for height and weight, and my mom changed pediatricians at least once because of it. My daughter is only slightly better... she's in the 10th.)

edited December 1969

Here is the child with the child weight morph at full. You can even combine it with the normal weight morph if you want a fatter kid.

CW2.jpg
    853 x 882 - 109K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited July 2013

Just wondering, would it be possible to tilt the pelvis slightly forward for the younger ages, tuck it under a bit? One of the things I noticed with G2F/V6 is that her pelvis is tilted further back than any previous generation, possibly to make high heeled poses work better. However, if she's not wearing high heels, it makes her look swaybacked in all other positions.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited July 2013

Already got a few Posture presets made:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited December 1969

Coolness!

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

Well, just let me put it this way: Zev0, DAZ really needs to send you a big fruit basket one day :D

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Great work Zev! Love your creations so much!!

Also, fantastic work on your latest products and great promo's... Shape Shift specifically, I was wowed by those promos :)

Another must have!

edited July 2013

Thanks guys. Here is a shot of the presets on the Gen2 Female Base. You will be able to make your own, these are just guideline settings. Still have a few custom shapes to make etc...

preset_test.jpg
    853 x 882 - 217K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Will definitely keep watching the progress on this. You've managed to bypass the bulky shoulder problem that people have been grousing about since K4 came out.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

This actually looks pretty interesting.

I will say this much, Zev0. Despite all the confusion and chaos, you really do show that you care about our concerns. You are seriously earning my respect. :)

edited December 1969

Cool thanks man:) Just doing what I can to give people more options:)

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Unlike Genesis, Genesis 2 Female has the proper pelvic tilt for an adult female. Since pelvic tilt doesn't, on average, start to develop until age 10 the future Genesis 2 Male base may be better for young girls.

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

I'm sold. Thank you ahead of time.

edited July 2013

jestmart said:
    Unlike Genesis, Genesis 2 Female has the proper pelvic tilt for an adult female. Since pelvic tilt doesn't, on average, start to develop until age 10 the future Genesis 2 Male base may be better for young girls.

The product will come with a Child Posture morph that you can dial up to your liking with any age. Here is a before and after example.

posture.jpg
    853 x 882 - 87K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited July 2013

How did I miss this thread? Basic child was one of the major morphs I missed from Genesis 2 and this looks like an amazing replacement. The proportions are looking superior to the classic Genesis child, and perhaps even better than K4. I can't overstate how much I'm looking forward to playing with these morphs. The only catch is that I need to find a way to get younger looking textures working with the new Genesis.

Thank you for doing this. It's filling a void which was sorely needed.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Looks like you've addressed my concerns. This is so much better than a one morph fits all solution. Like HoF I wonder how to get appropriate textures.

edited July 2013

Well, if you have texture converter2 you can convert K4 sets to V4 and save the V4 set as a .duf which can be used on Genesis2 if you have the V4 clone.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Well, if you have texture converter2 you can convert K4 sets to V4 and save the V4 set as a .duf which can be used on Genesis2 if you have the V4 clone.

It's a terrible shame that the textures can't be applied directly though. Not MallenLane's fault, but it seems odd to me that Daz made the surfaces so... um... weird. Really I can't make head nor tail of the new Genesis surface arrangement so I've been sticking with what I know and only altering the surfaces under 'classic genesis' style names.
    edited July 2013

Think it has to do with texture stretching. Think they preffer UV sets on the figure that eliminates most of that. V4 UV stretches badly in quite a few places eg the breast area and thigh's so its understandable why they would only want texture UV's that perform better in that regard. It is a bummer, but I think they want people to start using more current texture sets that have been improved. But at least we can still use V4 sets with MallenLanes Clone:) Just save as a duf:)

Post edited by Zev0 on