How to install manually install Genesis Starter Essentials?

mini_estrelasmini_estrelas Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello Everyone!!

I recently installed Daz 4.5.

Now I want to install Genesis Starter Essentials.

I have a question. I want to install manually, because I have daz 3.1. and now daz 4.5.

So what's the installing path? Is it on ...... \My Library? or other place?

I really don't know the folder where do i have to install!!

AND where do you put all the content that only works on daz 4.5.

PLEASE HELP, and sorry for my bad english

thanks in advance,
mini

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Genesis Starter Essentials should be installed to the My Library folder, if that is where all your other DS4 stuff is installed to, that is the default location. Did you install any content at all using the DIM?

Genesis will not work in DS3 at all, but I think you have already been told how to see that DS3 content in DS4.5?

• mini_estrelasmini_estrelas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Genesis Starter Essentials should be installed to the My Library folder, if that is where all your other DS4 stuff is installed to, that is the default location. Did you install any content at all using the DIM?

Genesis will not work in DS3 at all, but I think you have already been told how to see that DS3 content in DS4.5?

No 'm going to install manually. Thanks....

and all the content that only works on ds4.5. i install on My Library too?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

Yes I do that myself. Genesis stuff to the DS4.5 My Library folder (any DS4 and higher only stuff so read the Promos as you shop). And other stuf to my DS3 Content Folder. When done properly DS4 can use it all and DS3 will only use content it can use.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • wayne06ohwayne06oh Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

I am facing a problem where my genesis doen not immediately show up and my smart content, shaping etc are empty.
    Did i paste the files in a wrong folder?

I pasted the contents of IM00014812-01_GenesisStarterEssentials in the my documents/ daz3d/studio/mylibrary

Is that right??

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited July 2013

wayne06oh said:
    I pasted the contents of IM00014812-01_GenesisStarterEssentials in the my documents/ daz3d/studio/mylibrary

Did you look at the top level folder in the .zip file? It should have been "Content" which was the default old pre-D|S4 name for the "My Library" folder. There's a pretty good chance your new content is sitting in a "Content" folder inside your "My Library" folder, and D|S doesn't know it's there.

Easy solution, just drag THE CONTENTS OF that "Content" folder and merge them into the "My Library" folder.

Next time you do this, go one folder deeper into the .zip file to get at the folders inside "Content" directly.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
    edited December 1969

I transferred the content into the following directory,

Slide1.JPG
    960 x 720 - 45K
    edited December 1969

but i still cannot access my smart content, shaping tools... as such

Slide2.JPG
    960 x 720 - 66K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You need to go to Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, and make sure that the My Library folder is listed as BOTH a DAZ Studio Formats AND a Poser Formats folder. It is important that the My Library folder is listed as both DS and Poser.

It all looks correct to me for the moment, if you do the above to let DS know where the content is, it should work. I see that you also have a 'My DAZ 3D Library' listed as well, that is the default location that the DIM installs into. Do you have content in there as well?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

To access the Shaping tools:

(assuming that what you are looking for are the morph sliders)
    1. Select Genesis or the figure of your choice
    2. Go to the Shaping tab and click the Editor button near the top of the pane. (In your screenshot, "Presets" is selected instead)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139
    edited December 1969

I presume you loaded the MetaData by going into Content Database Maintenance (off the Content Library tab, little arrow icon at the top left) and selecting "Re-import Metadata..." ? This doesn't get done automatically if you manually install the content. It's the Metadata that causes things to be shown in Smart Content.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

You are in the Poser Native Format section of the Content Library. The DAZ Studio Native Format section has a little 'S' on the folder icon.

• edited December 1969

Hello Everyone!!

I have a question. I want to install manually, because I have daz 3.1. and now daz 4.5.

thanks in advance,
    mini

Hello
    Just download the installer and goto ...Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager and create a folder
    named "Downloads". Paste all the .zip files you have (manually downloaded). Run the installer (work offline) and at the 'Ready to install' tab you can now install all the content you want.

•  

mini_estrelas said:

Hello Everyone!!

thanks in advance,
    mini

Hello
    Just download the installer and goto ...Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager and create a folder
    named "Downloads". Paste all the .zip files you have (manually downloaded). Run the installer (work offline) and at the 'Ready to install' tab you can now install all the content you want.

Very not helpful.