Why must I keep logging in?

StrixObscuroStrixObscuro Posts: 21
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Ever since the new site went up, I've had to log in constantly. It's really starting to grate on my nerves. Is this just a temporary issue, or is this just another one of those annoying new permanent changes that I'm now supposed to put up with?

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I think who has trouble staying logged in varies from person to person. I say this because it almost never logs me out. Even after a reboot tonight I didn't have to log in again. That means putting a finger on what is causing it would be more difficult. I know that different browsers seem to give very different experiences on the site and that may be part of it.

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

There is no longer a keep me logged in check box so I tend to be kept logged in for a few hours. which is a pain if I am in the forums at the time as it logs me out of the forums but not the store. but it does not allow me to log back in until I manually log out of the store and log back in again

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,825
    edited December 1969

Yes, the log-out-log-in dance is getting old. But as has been said, it's an intermittent problem both for who is affected at all and for when it hits those who are affected, which makes it hard to track and fix.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

I'm fed up logging in.
    I click my DAZ bookmark, which takes me to New Posts - except it doesn't, because you can't see New Posts unless you're logged in. So I then go to Log In, then get sent back to the forums, then click on New Posts. That's 6 clicks instead of 1.

Also, I'm forced to log in, because some forums (like the PA ones) don't show unless you're logged in first.

I had hoped the new site would put an end to these annoyances, but it's now worse than ever.

mac

• StrixObscuroStrixObscuro Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

And now, on top of everything else, it seems that I can't even log in to the store anymore. Fantastic.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi Gnostic85

Try logging out, .. then log back in.
    Make sure that when you're logged in,.. you actually log out when you're leaving the site.

Hope it helps :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

In which case you need ot do what Richard calls the LogIn dance. Log out on a page where you are logged in, and then log back in again on the store page. This normally sorts that problem out