HU: V5 and M5 free with 3dArtist Mag

nigsnetnigsnet Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Free with issue 43, tho' not actually on the disk - it's a download from 3DA site.

Includes V5, V5 models, basic poses for both and M5 Underware.

Cheers,

Nig

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Thx for the HU. Do you have it delivered and in the UK?

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

I'm going to ignore the fact that I picked up M5 a couple of weeks ago, so I'm not peed off at all :sick:

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

References please. According to the web pages, 42 is still the current issue.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Kendall

That is the reason I asked if nigsnet if he/she got the issue delivered as it will be a couple of weeks until it is released in the shops and placed online.
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

Kendall

That is the reason I asked if nigsnet if he/she got the issue delivered as it will be a couple of weeks until it is released in the shops and placed online.

Correct. There should be an ISSN at the front of the magazine. This is the reference information for any periodical published.

Kendall

• nigsnetnigsnet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, I do subscribe to this, and am in the UK (so disappointed in you Pete:-P). The ISSN is 1759-9636. Not sure how long it is between subscribers getting and it appearing in the shops, sorry.

Ian, if you got this in the last 30 days, you could always ask for a refund, but I suppose then you have to gamble that you can actually get the mag. Worth noting as well, that it just the base M5, so if you got it as part of one of the bundles then you may as well keep it, I would've thought

Cheers,

Nig

edited December 1969

nigsnet said:
    Yes, I do subscribe to this, and am in the UK (so disappointed in you Pete:-P). The ISSN is 1759-9636. Not sure how long it is between subscribers getting and it appearing in the shops, sorry.

Ian, if you got this in the last 30 days, you could always ask for a refund, but I suppose then you have to gamble that you can actually get the mag. Worth noting as well, that it just the base M5, so if you got it as part of one of the bundles then you may as well keep it, I would've thought

Cheers,

Nig

Great! Thanks for the ISSN. I have both V5 and M5 and am happy with them as I got them. Can you tell us what is on the physical disk?

Kendall

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700
    edited December 1969

I once got some free daz content on a cd that came with the magazine. Somehow the cd got broken so it was unusable. Also free with magazine is not really free, one has to purchase the magazine to get it and then keep good care of the disc. If the disc is broken then that freebie is gone.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Before everybody gets upset as to whether or not they just purchased M5 ... a minor detail that was not mentioned in the previous forum to the best of my knowledge ... was that [at least one] of the free releases of V5 was "NON-commercial" use only. Mind you with the voucher, think most of us got the full use model anyway.

So I'm curious as to whether this is a 'non-commercial' or 'as usual' licensed release.

edited December 1969

nigsnet said:

Cheers,

Nig

LOL Well I didn't want to presume but it did cross my mind nig. :vampire:
  • IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

The base M5 was what I purchased, only version I could afford, shouldn't really complain I suppose, I've made back my PC subs many many times over ;)

edited December 1969

Great! Thanks for the ISSN. I have both V5 and M5 and am happy with them as I got them. Can you tell us what is on the physical disk?

The actual disc content is some textures from fanextra.com, Lightwave docs and project files,some pixologic tutorials and resource files for the mag tuts. In addition there's maxwell Render trial and a 90 day trial of Lightwave, tho' both of these are are downloaded from the site. HTH

edited December 1969

Before everybody gets upset as to whether or not they just purchased M5 ... a minor detail that was not mentioned in the previous forum to the best of my knowledge ... was that [at least one] of the free releases of V5 was "NON-commercial" use only. Mind you with the voucher, think most of us got the full use model anyway.

So I'm curious as to whether this is a 'non-commercial' or 'as usual' licensed release.

Had a quick look at the M5 EULA and it looks like the standard Daz one. Can't see any mention of restrictions on use.

edited December 1969

nigsnet said:

Had a quick look at the M5 EULA and it looks like the standard Daz one. Can't see any mention of restrictions on use.

Great :-)

It'll be about a month before that issue gets over here ... the one with the owl on the cover just came out last week on the shelves.

Thanks for the HU.

• HDD3DHDD3D Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanx for the headsup.
    Is there any vouchercode in the mag for an upgrade deal?
    3dworld I think had v5 base, with a coupon for 30ish % off the v5 bundles, some months ago.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

It's available on zinio now: http://gb.zinio.com/browse/publications/index.jsp?offer=500416855&productId=500654687&bd=1&WT;.mc_id=PUB_WWW_gb_500654687_publisher292618&rf=PUB_WWW_gb_500654687
    I have bought it for 5,87 € or so, but there is currently no access to the disk contents (BTW make sure you select your country in the top right corner, otherwise the sale will abort). I have mailed the publisher to ask if there is a solution.
    I haven't seen an upgrade voucher code but I was kind of speed flipping the pages. ;)

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Does this mean that you have to buy the physical copy to get access to the disk? "Please note: Digital versions of the magazines do not include the covermount items or supplements that you would find on printed editions."

I'm curious about the non-commercial licence. How do they police it?

edited December 1969

Yes normally with what I call 'the big 3' ... you have to buy the hardcopy either by subscription or in a store in order to get the disk and contents. Some of the content is available 'only' on the disks ... some of it [or most of it depending upon the magazine title] is available as a download ... link being on the disk.

edited December 1969

ReDave said:

I haven't seen an upgrade voucher code but I was kind of speed flipping the pages. ;)

I can't see any vouchers in the mag either. If there is one, it's well hidden!

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

I received the reply from Imagine publishing:

Hi Davide,

As it stands, we unfortunately don't offer the resources that are on the CD-ROM with the digital editions of our publications. This is another factor that contributes to the reduced cost of the magazine in comparison with the hard copy.

You can however access the tutorial files from the disc - http://www.3dartistonline.com/news/tutorial-files/tutorial-files-issue-43/

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind regards,

Steven Usher
    Multimedia Editor

I wasted five €. :-(
    edited December 1969

Well you do have the magazine!

And the M5 bundles and singles are on sale atm ... and then they'll also be in your order history where the downloads can be reset if/when you need a fresh installer.

• hamstergirl4444hamstergirl4444 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

HDD3D said:
    Thanx for the headsup.
    Is there any vouchercode in the mag for an upgrade deal?
    3dworld I think had v5 base, with a coupon for 30ish % off the v5 bundles, some months ago.

I guess can't complain about M5, since the above mentioned coupon got me V5 Pro Bundle during MM for $24....oh hell, when has anything ever stopped me from complaining? I'm a hamster, it's what we do best :)

I have yet to recover from Border's closing its' doors....these 3D Magazines are a BIG part of the reason why. I can't afford a subscription, and between my health and the fact that my car just died *cries piteously*, no way can I get all the way to San Francisco for a large bookstore that would carry these....meh, life really sucks sometimes :(

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

the only problem with getting "free" items on the magazines, is that if there is ever an update for whatever reason by DAZ3D, you don' t get the update as it's not in your purchase history. And as someone else mentioned here, if you lose the disc and something happens to your content and you need to reinstall, you can't. :D I always think of those freebies on magazines as "try before you buy" - kinda intended to get you liking something enough that you'll go and buy it so it's in your order history.....