Custom poses not loading

edited December 1969 in New Users

So I just started with DAZ, and am new to 3D modeling. I saved a few poses that I liked using the subdragon base, and now I can't seem to load the poses. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI higher_thanthesun :)

How are you saving the poses, and how are you applying them?

I'll assume you're using Daz Studio 4 pro.

You should be saving the pose using:
    File / Save as / Pose preset. (with the figure you want to save the pose for,. selected in the scene)

Is this what you're doing ?

To load the pose, you should Select the figure you want to apply the pose to and then go to:
    File / Merge
    then select the pose file you've saved.

Hope it helps :)

• edited December 1969

I am using DAZ 3D. What I was doing was posing the figure, and then using the save button above the scene, the one with the image of a floppy disc and a dude. Then just accepting the save options. I'm unable to load the built in presets as well. I'll double click, and it would normally load the preset, however now it is not. I wonder if my files were corrupted some how. Thanks for the help though.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Hi :)

Daz 3D is the company,. :) ..but I think you mean that you're using Daz Studio 4 Pro.

The icons at the top of the screen should show you a little text help message if you hover over them, to describe what they do.
    There isn't a Save scene option there.

The File Menu will give yo many more options for saving the scene or single elements of the scene.

Hope it helps :)

Ttools_DS4.jpg
    420 x 87 - 12K
  • edited December 1969

Thank you 3DAGE, for bearing with me, this is all still new. You're right I'm using DAZ Studio 4 standard. What I'm trying to do, is load the standard genius figure, pose it to where I want it, and the save as a new character preset? I am able to load the presets already installed, the ones with the woman, kid and male figures and each file has a .dsa after it. So when I save as a new preset, should I save it as a .dsa file or dsb?

Thanks again for your help!

• 3DAGE you made my day,

after searching for hours on the forums and googled tutorials i studied but couldn't find an answer and i knew there had to be a simple solution for this. THANK YOU!!!
    To load the pose, you should Select the figure you want to apply the pose to and then go to: <File / Merge> then select the pose file you've saved. 
    As simple as that. 
    Are the folks at DAZ Studio so integrated into the program that they think adding a saved pose to a manequin should be no problem .... 
    Anyway thank you on my knees for the solution ;)