Mimic Pro for DAZ Studio 4 Pro not working

8ok44lemmein28ok44lemmein2 Posts: 0
edited June 2012 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello,

I just purchased Mimic Pro for DS4 Pro but it is nowhere to be found in the interface.

I read the Installation PDF and the pages of the User Guide with instructions on installation, but what they said was not there.

When I downloaded the product, there was no '.exe' file for Mimic Pro, there was only a Content folder and an instruction PDF.

Is Mimic Live needed for Mimic Pro to work? If so, it should say so on the sales page :-(

Anyone know what it takes to get Mimic Pro to show up in the DS4 Pro interface?

8ok44lemmein2

Post edited by 8ok44lemmein2 on

Comments

• carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

I have always used Mimic Pro as a standalone program - you can create a pose file in Mimic Pro, which can then be used in DAZ Studio. It should show up on your Programs menu.

(I'm on a Mac, so I no longer use it, as it doesn't run on Mac Lion.)

• 8ok44lemmein28ok44lemmein2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info carnite,

Looks like the Pro version is older than the Live version.

So I guess I will have to dish out more money :-(

Could have spent that money on a character or pose set or prop. Oh well, that's life in 3D I guess.

edited June 2012

First of all, remember that DAZ has a 30 day money back guarantee, so if you're not happy with the product, get a refund or swap it for a different product.

Second, I think that Mimic Live is fairly limited - I never purchased it, because I don't think (although I could be wrong) that you can take a .wav recording and animate it - it has to be a live recording. You might want to search the old forum for threads on it.

Third, Mimic Pro always worked really well for me (until I upgraded my operating system that is), once I'd read the manual. Even if it is an older product, there isn't anything that supercedes it.

Post edited by carolinebegbie on
    edited June 2012

Hi carnite,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the info on 30 day back guarantees.

I also purchased the Content Creator Upgrade for like $35 then found out it was just a PDF install guide. Not only that, but then I found out it comes with DS4 Pro. And now they are giving DS4 Pro away for free, after I paid good money for it?

So I might have to get one or two refunds (not for DS4 Pro of course)... if I can find the time and where to go to do so...

I watched the Mimic Live video on YouTube and if I remember right, you can take a .wave file recording and animate it. At least you can record your audio with a mic and use that .wav file to animate the characters speach.

Thanks again,

8ok44lemmein2

Post edited by 8ok44lemmein2 on
    edited December 1969

Watch that Mimic Live video again, because I was under the impression that you had to live record, not use a .wav file. (I can't remember why the product didn't interest me, because I'm usually rather taken by that sort of thing.)

I haven't had to get a refund since the store update, but this link will take you to the contact page, then Submit a Help Request.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/help/help-contact-us/

They might not get back straightaway, because they are a bit busy, but as long as you get the request in before the 30 days are up, then it's all good.

edited December 1969

Hi carnite,

Yes, you are right, I read through the help file and it does not say anything about importing a .wav file.

I used to have a bit of voice overs done for me, by others, so with this plugin I could not do that. Unless I flew them in to where I live, to use my computer :-o

That is a disappointment. But hopefully they will add this feature in future versions.

Thanks for the link to the Help Request page. I appreciate it very much.

Take care,

8ok44lemmein2

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

I don't have it either, and I don't know if it reads wavs but in principle you can feed a wav to your "line in" with some programs. It may even be feasible with just your OS of choice.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the info ReDave,

I'll need to look into that.

I appreciate it,

8ok44lemmein2

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited June 2012

@8ok44lemmein2

Have you tried "lip sync" tools in daz studio 4 .0.3 32 bit ver?
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/animating/videos/animation_techniques_2/start

edited, I checked it now, and you may call mimic pro by this tool.
    (i did not buy it, but I can open window for Launch mimic pro)
    you need not buy it. because it is free ,and comes with some wav files.
    so you can use it soon.
    it is so cool tool, but the tools are only in daz studio 4 .0.3 32 bit ver.
    I use 64 bit ver usually, so I did not know the tool.

after that I installed 32 bit ver too. and I use 32bit if I want to make lip sync animation.

this tool can make figure face animatiion with recorded wav file.
    (I checked it on genesis )

lipsync.JPG
    700 x 435 - 86K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

Hi kitakoredaz,

Wow, thanks so much for letting me know about that.

Too bad it's only in the older 32bit version.

To install the 32bit version and use it for audio, I think I would need to install all the figures, props, poses and motions I want to have in the video into the 32bit folder.

Then each time I buy new content, I would need to install it twice.

Not sure if that's what would be the case, but it's what I'm assuming.

Hopefully they'll add the Lip Sync tool into the next version of DAZ Studio Pro.

But at least now I know what to look for.

Thanks again,

8ok44lemmein2

edited December 1969

no no!:)

you do not need to install every item twice!!

I have only one contents folda for daz studio, and I can access the contents from 32bit and 64bit both!!

(my default contents folda is I:\\ daz\\myribrary, but it is same default rocation.
    you can access one folda by each!!)

I do not need install contents again!!

of course you should install 32bit ver daz studio proguram in to windows program files (x86) defautl,
    but another contents is just overwrite (it is same as 64bit ver)
    (you just keep default, the installer show your contents folda)

and other contents you buy or you download , not change. you do not need anything install again.

(just remember you run your cms after install 32 bit ver.
    both aplication may use one cms (I think)

I have no problem , for install 32 bit and 64 bit ver both, so I think it is safety and easy.

edited December 1969

though I did not try save sceanes with lip sync, I feel you can load the sceane by 64 bit ver too.
    when you apply face animation, you only use 32 bit ver and save the animation .

and you load the sceane in daz 64 bit ,apply another motion of camera etc,,.

if you worry about it, i will try to save lip sync animation. and will report it,(now I am working so, it may tomorrow,,^^;)

so if it goes well ,lets try!!

edited December 1969

Now I made so easy animation by lip sync in 32 bit.

just apply one animate block on genesis hitomi, and set lip sync "say hello wav"

then save it "faceanime.daz" by daz studio 4. 32 bit.

then I open "faceanime.daz" by ds4 64 bit, it remain face animation , body move, and , sounds too.

I can change animation block and pose to fit the face movements, on ds4 64bit.

though I do not know if "mimic pro" can be used on genesis, anyway I feel it is good for you
    to test "lip sync plug in" . (of course, you may copy your sceane , and test it by daz4 32 bit first)

I asked before about animation tools in this topic, there are not full discribe about products tools in s
    das shop.

I will buy animate 2 , if daz studio 4.5 pro rerleased. as suitable ver,
    I hope new "mimic pro 2" plug ins for daz 4.5 and genesis figure too.
    (and it is so happy if they attach lip sync 2 for 4.5 64 bit ver as free tool,
    and pupettier can move on 4.5 RC? I am now worry about it)

edited December 1969

Thanks for letting me know kitakoredaz,

That is definetely an option I will have to consider.

Thanks again,

8ok44lemmein2

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

I have Mimic Pro and would like to try using it with Genesis.
    Does anyone know where the genesis.cr2 file is? And if there is a genesis.dmc and where that is - or if you can use m4 or v4.dmc and get usable results?

Thanks

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I have Mimic Pro and would like to try using it with Genesis.
    Does anyone know where the genesis.cr2 file is? And if there is a genesis.dmc and where that is - or if you can use m4 or v4.dmc and get usable results?

Thanks

check your thread in Carrara forum .