Genesis in Outdie Content Folder

SilverElfSilverElf Posts: 45
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Recently the laptop I used for Poser/Daz Studio Work died on me, and I am currently working on a backup laptop till my proper one gets fixed.

My poser stuff has all remained intact except for the reinstall of things like my python scripts which I like to run from the main runtime, but all my other runtimes I have been running from an external drive for a very long time.

However I lost everything when it comes to DS because all my DS only content was in the content folder in the My Documents Folder. I was told that I could set up DS the same way I set up Poser, just move Genesis to an outside Content folder. Well I tried this and installed all of my DS Studio only content to it, and all the extra morphs are not showing up for Genesis (No V5, No M5, none of the ++ Morphs or the old Morphs purchases or Amy or Jasmine or Jason) Only the standard morphs Like Child and female are showing. Is it possible to do what I wish to do with Genesis and Daz Studio so I have my content folder on my external and still get my morphs to work properly for Genesis?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

When you installed DS4 did you specify the external drive for the content location? What is the exact path on the external drive? Can you go to Edit>Preferences>Directories>Content Directory Manager, expand both the "DS Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot?

• SilverElfSilverElf Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

When you installed DS4 did you specify the external drive for the content location? What is the exact path on the external drive? Can you go to Edit>Preferences>Directories>Content Directory Manager, expand both the "DS Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections, and post a screenshot?

Um I am not sure if I did or not on the Content Location. Here is the screen shot of what is in my Content Directory Manger:

ContentFolder.jpg
    600 x 426 - 73K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It looks like when you installed DS4 it used the default location on the C: drive. You want to move everything that's currently under C:\Users\Wendy-Lappy\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library into H:\DazContentFolders\My Library, then remove the first entry. You should also add H:\DazContentFolders\My Library under Poser formats. Then go to the Content Library tab options menu (the rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner) and choose "Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata".

• SilverElfSilverElf Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Thank yoo so much! That worked :)