The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Its not the heat that gets you. It's the humidity, a dry heat is no worse than a sping day. A wet heat will cook you like a lobster in the shell. In my parts (central Al'bam) we say stupid stuff like this, "It's not th' heat it's th' humility of it all." and , "Hotter 'n hades 'n wetter than a frogs butt." among other stupid heat and humidity related things. Truth be told the heat can be bad on it's own. I have watched an egg FRY on a sidewalk before.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

FYI -- the way I keep cool? I take as hot shower as I can muster, as long as is reasonable. It may sound like weird bit of advise, but it works; your skin is warmer than surrounding air, so it feels cooler, and at the same time body core temperature drops, so it is not as bad as one might think. Makes me wish that we had some natural hot water ponds too... :(

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I applied to two places for work. One a restaurant and the other a grocery store.

edited December 1969

I talked to my mum and told her the kittens already came. She said that I need to find homes for them as I cannot keep them. I told her that Melody had three kittens.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited June 2012

Flandre Scarlet, the Vampire that wields fire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIop055eJhU
    The burning thing she's carrying is reportedly Laevetin, Loki's Sword/Wand. She's not supposed to swing it in the house, but she does so anyway -___-
    Hahaha... Oh I was just reading the comics and was laughing so hard at this incident between Remilia (Also a vampire, and 120 or so older than Flandre) and Marisa (Humanz) where Remilia said she was bored and Marisa responded "Why don't you find a coffin to sleep in? It'd get you out of my hair :3 ". Remilia went berserk after that XD "WHAT WAS THAT!? You wanna go!? (Let's fight)"
    Apparently she HATES that "myth" about Vampires sleeping in coffins.

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

I thought I updated flash and it still does not want to work in Firefox.

I cleaned the litter box as good as I could. Melody decided that was the perfect time to pee in it. She likes to use the litter box after gets cleaned.

edited December 1969

Eh, whenever I scrub the Porcelain Throne in the Room of Solitude, there's always a queue outside after I've finished...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Eh, whenever I scrub the Porcelain Throne in the Room of Solitude, there's always a queue outside after I've finished...

then try to clean that throne when everyone is asleep like at three in the morning.

edited December 1969

I usually do it when Significant Otter is not present. The bladder of one is easier to control than the bladders of two.

edited December 1969

I am so tired I want to put my pj's on and get some sleep.

I hope I can get a new job soon. I keep checking my email to see if either one has replied wanting me to work for them.

edited December 1969

I wonder if I have already downloaded the phoenix i got a while ago.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Jaderail said:
    How come when I get a really GOOD Dialysis headache my neighbors deside it's the perfect day to mow the grass for hours? Soon to be followed by those darn leaf blowers.

Would you please finish the grass already!?

Those pesky leaf blower dudes were outside my house before, at least they aren't bothering you right now ;)

lucky you don't live near Sponebob. Those reef blowers are extra noisy. and reef blowers can suck the nose off an easter island house

edited December 1969

I hope I can get a new job soon. I keep checking my email to see if either one has replied wanting me to work for them.

Do you have a Barnes & Noble store near you? if you got a job in the cafe section you could have free lattes all day.

edited December 1969

Do you have a Barnes & Noble store near you? if you got a job in the cafe section you could have free lattes all day.

There is a barnes and noble near the movie theater.

edited December 1969

i did a lil more work on one of my book characters

in my stories her name is Vylara. an elf mage, her breath magic can unlock any lock, even if the lock is on the inside.

120626-1.png
    567 x 750 - 497K
    edited December 1969

Amazon said they have this site that gives so called great discounts. Most of the items are over a hundred dollars or close to a hundred dollars. I do not have that kind of job to get that expensive clothes. i wonder if any local clothing store will have a great sale when i have the money.

edited December 1969

There is a barnes and noble near the movie theater.

my friend in houston just started a job at B&N, so i'm hopeful if you try it. she had to go back twice for interviews.

edited December 1969

Amazon said they have this site that gives so called great discounts. Most of the items are over a hundred dollars or close to a hundred dollars. I do not have that kind of job to get that expensive clothes. i wonder if any local clothing store will have a great sale when i have the money.

hot topic has emo wear.

edited December 1969

@Misty: Bet that breath doesn't work on Holographic Locks ^_^
    Not sure I understand how they work, but they aren't physically based and so traditional keys and picks are useless. I think they use light or something.

edited December 1969

When I was a little girl i used to live in Texas for a while. I remember the fire ants.

I found info about getting jobs at BN.com though they are not in my local area. I tried looking up star bucks jobs but got confused.

Oh crap it is almost midnight. I better find a book and get some sleep. Yawn!

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    @Misty: Bet that breath doesn't work on Holographic Locks ^_^
    Not sure I understand how they work, but they aren't physically based and so traditional keys and picks are useless. I think they use light or something.

there has to be some way to open holographic treasure chests :lol:

edited December 1969

When I was a little girl i used to live in Texas for a while. I remember the fire ants.

I found info about getting jobs at BN.com though they are not in my local area. I tried looking up star bucks jobs but got confused.

beware working at dunkin donuts, just breathing donut air can make you diabetic. and gain weight. :shut:

edited December 1969

beware working at dunkin donuts, just breathing donut air can make you diabetic. and gain weight. :shut:

I was not thinking of dunkin donuts. I did not think I mentioned them.

edited June 2012

Well there apparently is a way to pick them, but you need some specialized tools and a basic knowledge of physics. Basic from what I'm told, but I find that claim dubious at best >_>
    Doesn't really matter to me though since there aren't any holographic locks in the games I play. Well okay Halo has 'em, but there's always someone else to open them for you. They seem to use lasers to open 'em. o_O
    Also Youmou is half-ghost and half-human, and yet she's terrified of Ghost stories and ghosts themselves. And she serves a ghost princess too but isn't afraid of her. Is that like being half-vampire? I didn't think being half-ghost was physically possible.

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

I was not thinking of dunkin donuts. I did not think I mentioned them.

i was following the progression of coffee places.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Well there apparently is a way to pick them, but you need some specialized tools and a basic knowledge of physics. Basic from what I'm told, but I find that claim dubious at best >_>
    Doesn't really matter to me though since there aren't any holographic locks in the games I play. Well okay Halo has 'em, but there's always someone else to open them for you. They seem to use lasers to open 'em. o_O
    Also Youmou is half-ghost and half-human, and yet she's terrified of Ghost stories and ghosts themselves. And she serves a ghost princess too but isn't afraid of her. Is that like being half-vampire? I didn't think being half-ghost was physically possible.

could she be a wraith?

edited June 2012

No she's not a wraith at all. Not sure if this has any meaning, but she's considered one of the few "sane" characters in the series o_o
    The white "marshmallow" that follows her is Youmu's ghost-half.

7de3d364d21b688d5418040fbfb8d0f6_bp.jpg
    550 x 413 - 129K
    236px-Th13Youmu.png
    236 x 325 - 98K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

i almost remember when refreshing the page didn't send you to the top of the page.

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

In Chrome it doesn't.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    How come when I get a really GOOD Dialysis headache my neighbors deside it's the perfect day to mow the grass for hours? Soon to be followed by those darn leaf blowers.

Would you please finish the grass already!?

...the leaf blower has to be one of the most useless and annoying invention ever conceived.

So often I see someone blow the leaves and debris from their walkway or driveway only to have the wind (or their neighbour who also has one of those infernal noisy and smelly machines) blow most of it back a short while later.

It;'s really bad where I work for there are usually two to three grounds workers at the same time using them to clear the parking lots (which by mid afternoon are usually covered again in leaves).

Whatever happened to good old fashioned rakes and brooms and a little muscle?

This discussion has been closed.