How to save a scene with multiple characters?

solarviewsolarview Posts: 272
edited December 1969 in New Users

I created a scene with two characters, multiple lights, and a camera.
How do I save this properly???
I've tried saving it once as a 'Scene'.
And I also tried saving it as a 'Character'.
In both cases, when I went to reload it, I got completely 'exploded', unrecognizable characters.
So what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks.

- Sol

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

To save as Scene you should not have had any problems. I will let the experts answer this one.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Oh man I saw another thread with this issue. I will try and find it. I don't think it has anything to do with what you are trying to do as that is how you save a scene, save as a scene.

I am presuming that this is Daz Studio 4.5 RC2?? Version 4.5.0.49

I also found a bug report you can add to https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=46924 You will need to create an account for the Bug Tracker

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Here you go http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2786/ Exploding genesis.

So far this hasn't happened to me with the new DUF file format.

• solarviewsolarview Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Oh man I saw another thread with this issue. I will try and find it. I don't think it has anything to do with what you are trying to do as that is how you save a scene, save as a scene.

I also found a bug report you can add to https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=46924 You will need to create an account for the Bug Tracker

Thanks for the feedback Szark. Thought I was doing it right. Guess it's good to hear it's not just me.
    And yes, Daz Studio 4.5 64 bit, latest version. Running on Mac OSX 10.7

• aby8grimwaresaby8grimwares Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sol765 said:
    Szark said:

Thanks for the feedback Szark. Thought I was doing it right. Guess it's good to hear it's not just me.
    And yes, Daz Studio 4.5 64 bit, latest version. Running on Mac OSX 10.7

Several items explode when brought out saved files, you should also have a few items failing to parent properly with 4.5 on LION.

• edited December 1969

I'm sure many people understand this but I think it is worth noting. RC means Release Candidate and it is generally not going to be as stable as the official release. I don't know how many times I've wasted a whole day or week because I got all geeked about an RC and jumped right into 1 without thinking twice. Nowadays, I always wait for an official release.

edited December 1969

medhue said:
    I'm sure many people understand this but I think it is worth noting. RC means Release Candidate and it is generally not going to be as stable as the official release. I don't know how many times I've wasted a whole day or week because I got all geeked about an RC and jumped right into 1 without thinking twice. Nowadays, I always wait for an official release.

Yeah, I normally hold off for final releases on major software moves. As time is money, I don't really have the time in my business to spend it troubleshooting and sorting out new software issues. In the case of DAZ, I was recommended by DAZ tech support to upgrade to 4.5 RC to get the '3D Bridge to Photoshop' to work properly on my Mac OSX system. I didn't realize it would kill off my Studio 4 Pro version by installing it, when I did it.
    By comparison, Adobe released PSCS 6 beta as a fully functioning, stand-alone version of PS, for the public to test-drive, while the previous version of the full Creative Suite worked along side of it. And when the final release of the CS 6 arrived, PSCS 6 beta upgraded with no problems to the full final version. Might be a thought for DAZ to do the same, next time.
    And for the record, not bashing DAZ here, just commenting to your post, and making suggestions for the future of DAZ.
    I think the potential for Daz & Studio is absolutely, off the scale. And it is changing my life as an artist. Really opening new doors for me that I was largely unaware of. Even with my decade and a half of Photoshop, professional experience I had considered 3D art largely over my head. Thanks to my brief time with DAZ Studio 4, I'm now wanting to delve deeper into the worlds of Poser, Reality, Z-Brush, etc. Very cool times we live in. :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

LOL! Sounds like your a new 3D junkie to me Sol765. I've been hooked for years now, I found DS2 for free on CNET Downloads and I've been hooked from the second I booted the program.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    LOL! Sounds like your a new 3D junkie to me Sol765. I've been hooked for years now, I found DS2 for free on CNET Downloads and I've been hooked from the second I booted the program.

Oh yeah, hook, line, and sinker, as they say. LOL!!

Pandora's box, has officially been opened. :)