Blenworth Offer

PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
edited June 2012 in The Commons

I just received the latest newsletter advertising the Blenworth castle set, in which it offers one of four other products free. But there is no explanation ANYWHERE on how this offer works. I tried adding one of the products to my cart with Blenworth but it was not priced as free. Do I buy Blenworth and then get a voucher? Do I get a choice which free product I get? And why do I have to ask when this information should be automatically available?

And when am I ever going to see my Wishlist again....

Post edited by PhilW on

Comments

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

At least you can see the offer. The last two newsletters have been screwed up on the formatting for me. All I get is the offer to purchase something free and half a picture of what appears to Knight Champion. The rest disappears off the right side of the pane. Really starting to get frustrated now......

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

Haruchai said:
    At least you can see the offer. The last two newsletters have been screwed up on the formatting for me. All I get is the offer to purchase something free and half a picture of what appears to Knight Champion. The rest disappears off the right side of the pane. Really starting to get frustrated now......

I have the exact same thing, and the "View this newsletter in your browser" link doesn't work either

• vulcanisvulcanis Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

I had the exact same results.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    I just received the latest newsletter advertising the Blenworth castle set, in which it offers one of four other products free. But there is no explanation ANYWHERE on how this offer works. I tried adding one of the products to my cart with Blenworth but it was not priced as free. Do I buy Blenworth and then get a voucher? Do I get a choice which free product I get? And why do I have to ask when this information should be automatically available?

Well I'm not having any problems viewing my wishlist or the newsletters, but I had the same thought as you Phil, how do we get this "free" product if we buy Blenworth? I'm certainly interested as Blenworth looks wonderful, and I think you might have hit it on the nailhead when you asked if you buy it first and then get a voucher.

As they've done many times in the old store, it would've been nice if they had listed a coupon code on the Blenworth product page stating it would be added to our account once we bought Blenworth. Since they aren't doing this in the new store, at least not yet, it is confusing, and there's no post about it here in the Commons area from any of the DAZ people. Guess we'll have to wait and see if any of them, or Richard H, sees this and lets us know one way or the other.

I wonder if the new store would generate the proper code and email it to anyone who purchases Blenworth? Hmmmmm . . .

• DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

A more detailed post is coming from DAZ Cameron. But for now, the way this works is that you put Blenworth in your cart along with ONE or more of the 4 items listed. Your cart will be credited with the amount of ONE of the products.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    edited December 1969

The new newsletter also says Today's Deal - $10 off any purchase over $50 in the store. Is that really a today only sale?

Honestly, at this point it's gotten to be so ridiculous I just laugh. I just got the fifth (or is it sixth?) fix done to my account in the same chain of events that began with a false billing and discovered that NOW my platinum account is next due for delivery in January of 2006. I can't even get pissed as hell but instead I just shake my head and giggle, because I KNOW that Daz has to be like a the Chinese carryout scene scene from DUDE! WHERE'S MY CAR? in reverse.

Customer: Hey, I can't get into the Platinum Club forum...

Chinese Take Out Lady (working customer service:) And then...?

Customer: That's it. no... wait! My card's been double charged!

Chinese Take Out Lady: And then...?

Customer: Hey, now my Platinum account's been canceled...

Customer: That's it... hold on, I didn't order Lacey Lingerie for The Freak

Customer: What the hey? WHy is my cart filled with just M5's genitalia? Twenty of them! I don't even own M5!

edited December 1969

Haruchai said:

What browser and/or e-mail client are you using?

edited December 1969

The new newsletter also says Today's Deal - $10 off any purchase over $50 in the store. Is that really a today only sale?

No!
    It just came out today so it is "Today's" offer. As in the offer of Today. Maybe not the best choice of words as a description, but the offer goes through July 3.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Newlsetter? Offer? Huh? Where?
    I found Blenworth purely by chance and, it being nearly a new month and it being a DO decided I might well put my PC discount voucher toward it's purchase. Glad I didn't, but it'd be really nice to know what was on offer!

edited December 1969

Ok, so what are the products? I'm using IE through Yahoo and I can't see the newsletter properly, either. The newsletter as a webpage link in the email doesn't work, as well.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    edited December 1969

No!
    It just came out today so it is "Today's" offer. As in the offer of Today. Maybe not the best choice of words as a description, but the offer goes through July 3.

Okay, good to know. Now, since I've got your attention and there's no description of the actual terms of the offer anywhere... the link takes you straight into the store... the other question inquiring minds want to know is:

is this a one-off, once per customer deal, or is EVERY $50 sale good for a $10.00 discount between now and July 3rd? :cheese:

• DAZ_CameronDAZ_Cameron Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey Hey. Hopefully this thread will clear up some of the confusion on the Blenworth Sale.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2913/

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

No!
    Great offer! Especially coupled with the DAZ Originals sale and the Blenworth promotion! I'm basically tapped out, but I'll see what I can do... Just to clarify, this is a $10 reduction of the total if the subtotal is $50 or more, correct?

I only wish that I hadn't bought the M5 Pro Bundle, so that I could get the Pro Suite for the same price now (there isn't some kind of upgrade bonus, is there?)...or that the Supersuit bundles were on sale...or that I didn't already own half of the V5 Pro Suite...still lots of good stuff out there, though.

edited December 1969

Idon't know how the $10 off is supposed to work. Trying to make a purchase now. $66.85 is the sub-total and I am only receiving a $12.48 discount for the Knight Champion...maybe there is a code I am supposed to use.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
    edited December 1969

I only wish that I hadn't bought the M5 Pro Bundle, so that I could get the Pro Suite for the same price now (there isn't some kind of upgrade bonus, is there?)...or that the Supersuit bundles were on sale...or that I didn't already own half of the V5 Pro Suite...still lots of good stuff out there, though.

When did you purchase the M5 Pro Bundle? Don't forget if was less than 30 days ago you could return it and then buy the M5 Pro Suite.

Charlie

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited June 2012

Mail now received (I think 'late delivery' was down to issues outside of DAZ's control).
    Just now waiting for the quoted freebie (magician's props, IIRC) to show up.

The link from the web version of the newsletter finds the magician's props, they just do not yet appear as a general new release item

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Mail now received (I think 'late delivery' was down to issues outside of DAZ's control).
    Just now waiting for the quoted freebie (magician's props, IIRC) to show up.

Here you go.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/stage-magician-props/

Coldrake

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
    edited June 2012

... the other question inquiring minds want to know is:

is this a one-off, once per customer deal, or is EVERY $50 sale good for a $10.00 discount between now and July 3rd? :cheese:

I successfully used it on the M5 Pro bundle.It just showed up automtically in the cart. Then I tried to use it a second time on another DAZ original; but it wouldn't show up. So I would guess that it is a one time use only discount.

Charlie

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

When did you purchase the M5 Pro Bundle? Don't forget if was less than 30 days ago you could return it and then buy the M5 Pro Suite.

Charlie
    Thanks. It was more than 30 days ago, though. If I can afford it, I might spring for the Photo Realism Bundle. Or just drop a bunch of cheaper things in the cart.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I put the Blenworth into and bought it. Then read this thread. <*head desk*>

Well, for what's it's worth, I already had three of those, except the Royal Prince from Bobbie. Mistook it for something else by Ravenhair, but that wasn't it. At least I got 50% off the item, so it's not a deal breaker.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Haruchai said:

Apologies for the delay in response, I'm in the UK and went to bed.

Email client is Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)
    As you can see from the picture I cannot scroll any further right.
    Link to view in internet browser is broken too.

Newsletter_sml.png
    400 x 494 - 109K
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,722
    edited December 1969

Same problem here in IE8. Firefox OK.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Daz - thanks for the answers - I now have Blenworth and QueenGown.

• DAZ_ahimmerDAZ_ahimmer Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Haruchai said:
    Haruchai said:

Apologies for the delay in response, I'm in the UK and went to bed.

Email client is Windows Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)
    As you can see from the picture I cannot scroll any further right.
    Link to view in internet browser is broken too.

I am trying to reproduce the error you described with Windows Live, and the email is rendering fine. Can you confirm that you are using window live? Are you also using an email reader?

• LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

A more detailed post is coming from DAZ Cameron. But for now, the way this works is that you put Blenworth in your cart along with ONE or more of the 4 items listed. Your cart will be credited with the amount of ONE of the products.

Boy, I wish this had been made more clear in, you know, the email or the product page, given that it's completely different from how Daz 'freebies' used to work and I bought Blenworth alone, thus shorting myself the free product. Do we really need to come search the forums to figure out how to get advertised sale prices from now on, before we buy?