PC Membership suspended?

Tashar59Tashar59 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

WTF is going on around here? It's bad enough to have to put up with this SNAFU of site changes. but to suspend someones PC membership without any notice or reason is complete BS.

This site change has become the joke of the year becoming joke of the century very quickly.

A very pissed off long time customer who is not impressed.

Comments

• Tashar59Tashar59 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And to top it off. I can't find any info on this problem.

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope it gets fixed quickly.

edited December 1969

I sure hope quickly does not mean a DAZ SOON.

edited December 1969

I phoned and managed to get past the answering machine to a real person and got it straightened out. The power of the phone. LOL. Still they could not tell me why it happened though.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,860
    edited December 1969

According to the forum memberlist you are still a Platinum Club Members - are you not seeing PC prices in the store or are you just going by the information under Subscriptions on your Account page? Unfortunately the latter is not reliable, it is being worked on so I'm not sure if you should open a support ticket or not.

• JazzminJazzmin Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Tashar59 said:
    I phoned and managed to get past the answering machine to a real person and got it straightened out. The power of the phone. LOL. Still they could not tell me why it happened though.

Well the important thing is that you got it straightened out and I'm happy it was resolved quickly. I agree, the power of the phone is fantastic. :cheese:

Post edited by Jazzmin on
  • IncognitasIncognitas Posts: 12
    edited June 2012

I cannot get into the PC members forum and I cannot buy any PC items and yet I have paid my monthly membership dues up to date.Can anyone help me? I did put in a ticket 6 days ago but I still haven't had a reply..The last time I managed to buy a PC item was in April.I'm getting a trifle peeved about this..and I don't see why I should pay a subscription to the PC club and not get the service to go with it.

As I am in the UK I cannot afford to phone and get this sorted out.

Post edited by Incognitas on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

You will need to submit a support ticket

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

quotd from another thread

Tashar59 said:
    OK. So my membership is suspended and I want to know why.

In the store system you have your membership. To make sure your subscription is not suspended, since you are a PC member, go to My Account > Subscriptions (from the left list) > Edit > Extend > Submit.

This will take care of the problem.

We have seen several issues with this. But this action will take care of the problem for you.

edited December 1969

@ chohole. That's not how I got it fixed. Also does not explain why it has happened.

edited December 1969

I was not posting it to explain how or why it happened I was posting it for others who may pull into this thread, having seen the thread title.

Your problem was sorted out by Britney, who then posted this to help anyone else with the same problem.

this way your thread can help other people.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I was not posting it to explain how or why it happened I was posting it for others who may pull into this thread, having seen the thread title.

Your problem was sorted out by Britney, who then posted this to help anyone else with the same problem.

this way your thread can help other people.

My problem was not sorted out by Britney. That was posted after I had it fix by phone.

But I do understand posting her answer here for other.

edited December 1969

Ok it was sorted out by Britney, or one of the others in CS who answered the phone.

edited June 2012

chohole said:

Tashar59 said:

In the store system you have your membership. To make sure your subscription is not suspended, since you are a PC member, go to My Account > Subscriptions (from the left list) > Edit > Extend > Submit.

We have seen several issues with this. But this action will take care of the problem for you.

Er no all that happens is that the system tries to treat me as a new member and charge me 30 Dollars plus one months subscription..Ah sorted it now.

Post edited by Incognitas on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Ok it was sorted out by Britney, or one of the others in CS who answered the phone.

It was NOT sorted out by Britney. Please stop saying that. I do know who I was talking to on the phone and in communication with by mail.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but, Oh Well. I just got emailed that I have just cancelled my newsletter. Really? Give me a friggin break. Besides my DL's are stalling and I'm lossing my DL count. How many months is it going to take to get this place stable.

Really not impressed now.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Tashar59 said:

Er no all that happens is that the system tries to treat me as a new member and charge me 30 Dollars plus one months subscription..and I don't see why I should have to do that..as I'm a monthly member already.

And that's why I did it by phone besides a ticket. Problem solved in a matter of minutes.

Funny thing is. I never had any problems but the normal bugs everyone was getting with the new change over. Until now.

edited December 1969

No it's sorted now..the problem is unfamiliarity with a new system..Well I hope that's all it is.

edited December 1969

THe newsletter cancellation is something that happens when PC mebership accounts are sorted out. We don't know why it happens but it does. Just go to your account and reset the newsletter subscription.

As to downloads, sometimes chaning the browser you are using can help. So if you are using IE, try using Firefox or Chrome to download.

edited December 1969

Can we use DL managers now. I'm not going to install stuff i don't want, just to get my DL. I'm better off just not buying anything from here till things get fixed.

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

Tashar59 said:
    Can we use DL managers now. I'm not going to install stuff i don't want, just to get my DL. I'm better off just not buying anything from here till things get fixed.

The best way right now to DL without headaches is to use the free 3D Content Downloader. (It is not my program btw).

Here is the website: http://taosoft.dk/software/3DCondo/

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Tashar59 said:

That's been my solution... I've cut WAY back on my purchases since the change over. You would think they would have hired an extra web master to get this place whipped into shape so they can make sales and keep the natives from getting angry and restless but it seems, while there is progress, it's slow coming and still pissing folks off.

Sorry your going through all this my friend! :-(

edited June 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Tashar59 said:

That's been my solution... I've cut WAY back on my purchases since the change over. You would think they would have hired an extra web master to get this place whipped into shape so they can make sales and keep the natives from getting angry and restless but it seems, while there is progress, it's slow coming and still pissing folks off.

Sorry your going through all this my friend! :-(

Is there some progress? It seems to me that it's getting worse the past couple of weeks instead of better. I have stayed away from here for the most part these last couple of months/ change. But I never had all these problems till now. It was the same things everyone was having. So I just let it go to SNAFU. But today. That's another story.

I got all my DL's except one. I tried 2 different browsers, a DL manager that did get all my other DL's. The one file just won't download completely. I have wasted all 5 DL's for nothing. I will have to see if it can be reset or it's another call tomorrow.

I got the news letter fixed and I can't read half of the one I just got.

My day was so much better when I was not here. It use to be the other way around before the big change. I use to say that coming here brightened my day more so than not. I guess those days are gone.

Good to hear from you RAMWolf.

Ok. so I see the smilies are not working either. LOL.

I also see that you have to triple space to get a paragraph. If it worked this time. (rolls eyes).

Post edited by Tashar59 on
    edited December 1969

Hmm,, they work for me fine. I use Firefox 12 so not sure if that makes a difference. No, the store is better than it was, if you can believe that! :lol:

As the wise folks say... BREATH! :)

edited December 1969

I did a reset and finally got that last file DL'ed.

Think I will not buy anything again from here for some time. It's not like there is anything new that we have not seen in some form and don't already have it in 3 or 4 versions in our runtimes. It is getting stale around here for idea. Same old rehash.

Scrapping up the cash for that Modo upgrade that Luxology surprised us with seems to be the best thing I did this year. That and upgrading my View infinity to 10. LOL

So It's going to take something special. Really special, to get me to even think about going through what I did today. Let alone buy.

One good thing about all this is I am getting my post count up. Who's stupid idea was it to use that silly members post count name. I can see it now. Someone asks a question on how to do something and gets two answers. They decide to take the advise of the yappy forum rat that is "Ultra Member" instead of the New Member that has been around since the beginning of these forums, years ago and can't figure out why the tinfoil hat, cat pictures and cookies didn't work.

Catch you all on the flipside.

edited December 1969

Yea, making us all start from scratch was kinda lame. I'm sure there was a way to set the users original post counts but guess they didn't see it till it was too late or this forum software is either LAME-O or they just haven't scratched the surface of what it can as of yet. They mentioned that the store was first priority then the forums... woohoo... eh hem.... :roll:

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure if this helps anyone, but I'd like to offer this information to maybe help someone :)

I sent a ticket about my PC Membership that had the Information "cancelled" behind it allthough I never cancelled it. It wasn't urgent, because it runs till August 2013 (if I remember right), so I told them to take their time with it... Like usual DAZ Support got to it as fast as possible though (yeah I had to say that, I think they deserve the positive infos here too).

When they got to it, they added a new Membership for 0$ which is 'suspended' as the Order they had to place for it is still stated as 'processing auth' (I guess that means they're working on getting it into my account properly). I also can't go to the members only forum for now, which is - I guess - part of correcting the issue I informed DAZ about. And I'm quite sure that I'll be able to go to the members forum soon enough again.

So - in conclusion - it seems (to me) that having a 'suspended Membership' has something to do with DAZ sorting out the PC Membership Problems that are floating around because of the new system.

I hope this information helps with staying calm and wearing a bowtie... ^^

edited December 1969

I'm not sure if this helps anyone, but I'd like to offer this information to maybe help someone :)

I sent a ticket about my PC Membership that had the Information "cancelled" behind it allthough I never cancelled it. It wasn't urgent, because it runs till August 2013 (if I remember right), so I told them to take their time with it... Like usual DAZ Support got to it as fast as possible though (yeah I had to say that, I think they deserve the positive infos here too).

When they got to it, they added a new Membership for 0$ which is 'suspended' as the Order they had to place for it is still stated as 'processing auth' (I guess that means they're working on getting it into my account properly). I also can't go to the members only forum for now, which is - I guess - part of correcting the issue I informed DAZ about. And I'm quite sure that I'll be able to go to the members forum soon enough again.

So - in conclusion - it seems (to me) that having a 'suspended Membership' has something to do with DAZ sorting out the PC Membership Problems that are floating around because of the new system.

I hope this information helps with staying calm and wearing a bowtie... ^^

Did you check this post out. I copied a post made By Britney from Customer SUpport into this thread, but it has got a bit buried.

Check back to this post.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2892/#37228
  • BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Yep ;)

It wasn't a problem and not a complaint, I just tried to offer that point of view to calm a bit of the steam some people might feel pressuring in their heads because of the suspended status of their orders ... by pointing out that it actually means that their problems are being solved and not that new problems are arising.
    As I am not a native english speaker this might not have been understandable, sorry :)

Anyhow... thank you for your continued patience and help here.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029
    edited June 2012

"Glad" to see I'm not the only one with "PC membership suspended" problems... :roll:

And no, Britney's solution didn't fix the problems I have: trying to activate my membership only gives me the option to purchase an additional month. Which I've already done last time I've had problems with the membership, and that added an additional subscription listed as "active" and starting on 6/21, which doesn't work either. So no, I'm not doing that again, thanks.

And yes, I've opened a ticket about it last week. I know support has a huge backlog of requests to handle, and I will give them the time to work on the subject, but frankly I'm starting to get really, really tired about things not working :(

Post edited by Leana on