Many of my purchases are missing...

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have a TON of DM products that ended up as Daz Originals. Now these products are not showing in my purchase history at all! Products in my itemized order history are a mess! With 2,000 + purchases, I am seeing very little of my items in my itemized order history. While you might think the changes are good, for someone with a huge order history it is a NIGHTMARE!

Plus it used to be if you had already purchased something it would show when you tried to add it to your cart... what happened to that? One of the most important features you had! Also your download settings.... I now get Mac/DS and PC!!! I only want files for PC! And there is no way to filter these out as before. This is really an awful transition and it seems that it should be getting repaired faster.

Not being able to locate purchases upsets me, and also there is a real disconnect with any searching for your purchases.

It makes me afraid to even do new purchases at all. This is too difficult to navigate, or verify errors. Plus it would really help if you did the ORDER Numbers by the most recent, and then listed products alphabetical separately. As it stands now there is way too much confusion. And if I spend something close to $5,000.00 here, I do expect a better system of tracking my orders.

*sigh

Ariana

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the club.

It gets better ... no memory either whether it's a recent or an old re-purchase attempt.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There are actually 2 ways you can check

Itemised Order History is indeed alphabetical, apart from the first set ot items which have not alpahabetical characters as the first character of the item name.

"My Orders" show all your previous orders, and is listed by date, newest first.

• edited December 1969

chohole said:
    There are actually 2 ways you can check

Itemised Order History is indeed alphabetical, apart from the first set ot items which have not alpahabetical characters as the first character of the item name.

"My Orders" show all your previous orders, and is listed by date, newest first.

I promise I will go look at the "My Orders" section right now. I might be able to find some of my purchases that way. What is
    hard is the cross over Daz Original stuff... we all know the MM feeding frenzy, and I am no exception to it. But with all the orders I have, and the names being slightly changed, it is hard to find a lot of older things. Plus I have a new puter, and want to safeguard my RT's as I find Win 7 likes to lose things too!!! :P

Thank you Both, I find personally if a site is too hard to navigate, people leave, I am really close.

ThanX again!
    Ariana

• edited June 2012

OK, that does show them numerical by date, which is a relief, but there are no longer live links to the products? That is really inconvenient. Often it is hard to remember what is what, especially since many are now gone from the MP here.

I think the reset should be on these purchases in the "My Orders" section! Let's call it "Reset this Order". That way you could reset each numerical oder and download easier!

At least I found several of my "Lost" purchases! But they are not showing as named in the orders, in the itemized order history!!! Especially V3 items. Either the name is different or they no longer exist, but I bought them and they should be they permanently for my access.

Daz please get this fixed!

Ariana

Post edited by Future Fantasy Design on
    edited December 1969

I will flag up a query as to whether the "Installers" link under items in the order history will be made live.

• edited December 1969

ThanX!!!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Hey, you might also want to get this handy thing:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

It is a history downloader tool, which should show everything you've ever bought.

This, I've also found very handy indeed: http://taosoft.dk/software/3DConDo/

edited December 1969

Another point to remember is that a lot of items could have been purchased in bundles.

• edited December 1969

yes many DM items are bundles!

• edited June 2012

Skiriki said:
    Hey, you might also want to get this handy thing:

It is a history downloader tool, which should show everything you've ever bought.

This, I've also found very handy indeed: http://taosoft.dk/software/3DConDo/

Thanl you for this info, but it is sad I have to go to these lengths to find my purchases....

Ariana

Where do I download the Tool(s)? I only see downloads that appear to be Tutorials, or am I wrong?
    ~A~

Post edited by Future Fantasy Design on
    edited December 1969

You can downloaded them from the links that say:
    Download: dazhm_a0528.zip
    Download: 3DConDoDAZ_a1096.zip

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

How do I use the history program to reset my downloads?

• edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Thank you!!!

I will give it a try. Have you tried the Renderosity one>? I have almost twice as much support content there!?!

Ariana

edited December 1969

Nope, I haven't tried the Rendo variant myself, I have bought very little from there. But it should work OK. And history's reset function isn't, IIRC, functional yet, as the creator said it needs some tweaks and whatnot.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited June 2012

Skiriki said:
    Nope, I haven't tried the Rendo variant myself, I have bought very little from there. But it should work OK. And history's reset function isn't, IIRC, functional yet, as the creator said it needs some tweaks and whatnot.

Yes, the History Reset feature needs some work so that it among others will verify that the files have been reset correctly. That may take some time however, so I've added a simple reset feature in the latest version (0.530)

Seems to work allright but if the server goes nuts during the process (in that case you should get an error message) you must sort out for yourself which files have been reset and which not. Or you can reset everything again and see if it works this time. Help file has been updated to cover all new features.

I've also added automatic update check though that was in the previous version (0.529) which was uploaded yesterday. If you want to update, please download 0.529 from here:

and let men know if the update check works. It should pop up as soon as you start the program. Currently 0.530 is only available that way.

Thanks!

Post edited by Taoz on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

I download 0.529 and ran it. It prompted for an update and I downloaded 0.530. When I run 0.530 It keep prompting for an update to 0.530. I might be dumb, but I can't figure out how to work it, and clicking on help only give me an error. I entered my username and password and can log in to the web, but not the history. I'm really not sure what buttons I'm supposed to press in what order. Help!

I just want to download all of my order history. I have charges on my charge card that don't seem to match anything in my manual search of the online history or my email receipts, so I want to use your tool.

edited June 2012

barbult said:
    I download 0.529 and ran it. It prompted for an update and I downloaded 0.530. When I run 0.530 It keep prompting for an update to 0.530. I might be dumb, but I can't figure out how to work it, and clicking on help only give me an error. I entered my username and password and can log in to the web, but not the history. I'm really not sure what buttons I'm supposed to press in what order. Help!

I just want to download all of my order history. I have charges on my charge card that don't seem to match anything in my manual search of the online history or my email receipts, so I want to use your tool.

Did you unzip 0.530 or did you just download it? It doesn't install itself (hope to have it do this in a later version), it only downloads the new version to the program folder. So you must unzip it yourself and update any shortcuts to point to 0.530. Guess I should have mentioned that, sorry.

As for the login thing, it may be your username or password that is wrong. The browser may log you in anyway if your'e still logged in at DAZ (it's an IE clone so it shares login with IE). Try to enter username and password again, and be sure they're correct.

As for the Help file it works fine here, but CHM files can be a bit quirky sometimes. What OS are you using?

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

I unzipped it and got dazhm_a0530.exe. Then I double clicked on dazhm_a0530.exe. That is what prompted me to download the update again. when I click on "Not this time", it opens and shows alpha 0.530 - expires 2012-07-31 in the title bar. I am running on Windows 7 64 bit. I use Firefox for my browser, not IE. I am sure that my username and password are correct. This is the error I get when I hit Log In History. If I hit Log In Browser, it shows my account on the right side of the window.

error.JPG
    409 x 206 - 23K
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I unzipped it and got dazhm_a0530.exe. Then I double clicked on dazhm_a0530.exe. That is what prompted me to download the update again. when I click on "Not this time", it opens and shows alpha 0.530 - expires 2012-07-31 in the title bar. I am running on Windows 7 64 bit. I use Firefox for my browser, not IE. I am sure that my username and password are correct. This is the error I get when I hit Log In History. If I hit Log In Browser, it shows my account on the right side of the window.

Hm, strange. I have tested it on Win 7 64 and I have repeated everything you're doing several times, and I don't get any of the errors you get.

Try to download this one and then check if you can log in witht it (it will say "Logged in!" like the other one):

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazwm/

edited June 2012

BTW, also try this: remove all versions of the program completely from your computer, download 0.529 again, and try again.

I did some tests of the update function earlier today, at some point I think there was a version of 0.530 uploaded for a short time with the wrong internal version ID, which would cause the update function to be triggered. I don't know when you downloaded it so could be that you accidently got that version while it was there.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

I tried both suggestions (the 501 version and re-downloading 529). I still have both of the same problems (error on login and continuous re-prompting for update after update. I re-downloaded 529 from the link in this thread that took me to http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/. I wasn't sure what you meant by deleting all other versions from my computer. I deleted the unzipped folders. Is there something more that I need to do to delete it?

One thing to consider -- my password contains an &. Perhaps that character is not being sent correctly in the login message???

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    One thing to consider -- my password contains an &. Perhaps that character is not being sent correctly in the login message???

Yes, I suspected it was a special character in the password that was causing the problem.

The case is that "&" is being used as a separator between the different elements in the login string so if it isn't handled correctly if someone uses it in their password it will confuse the server. I've added a fix that should solve the problem, but for some reason it doesn't work as intended, so I'm looking into it in order to find a solution. Until then, you should be able to login by changing your password to one that doesn't contain the "&".

As for the update problem I suspect that you downloaded the version I mentioned with the faulty version ID and that your browser or some proxy or whatever keeps sending you the same version again and again. Try to clear your browser cache and try again, or try to download this renamed file instead:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/dazhm_a0530test.zip

edited December 1969

This is still a mystery. I deleted my browser cache and history. I downloaded and unzipped the new dazhm_a0530test just now. The executable file has a date of 6/26/2012 3:01 am. I am on US east coast DST, if that matters. I ran dazhm_a0530.exe. It still pops up the update request and after I say "Not This Time", I noticed that it put updates.html in a data subfolder on my computer. That file has the info that I see in the pop up message about the update. It says:

AN UPDATE IS AVAILABLE: 0.530

Changes since version 0.529

Added "Reset Items" feature
    Minor bugs fixed

PLEASE NOTE: The updater only downloads the latest version to the program folder, you must unzip it yourself and update any shortcuts to point to the new version.

edited June 2012

barbult said:
    This is still a mystery. I deleted my browser cache and history. I downloaded and unzipped the new dazhm_a0530test just now. The executable file has a date of 6/26/2012 3:01 am. I am on US east coast DST, if that matters. I ran dazhm_a0530.exe. It still pops up the update request and after I say "Not This Time", I noticed that it put updates.html in a data subfolder on my computer. That file has the info that I see in the pop up message about the update. It says:

AN UPDATE IS AVAILABLE: 0.530

Changes since version 0.529

Added "Reset Items" feature
    Minor bugs fixed

PLEASE NOTE: The updater only downloads the latest version to the program folder, you must unzip it yourself and update any shortcuts to point to the new version.

Thanks for testing this, it is the correct file. I think I know what the problem is now - it has to do with do with different local settings for the decimal separator. You're using a period rather than comma here, right? That will affect one of the variables used for triggering the update message.

I'll post a message in this thread when it is fixed, meanwhile I hope you (and others who might experience it) can live with the problem. It doesn't have side effects other than the update message popping up when you start the program.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Yes, the US decimal separator is period, not comma. I look forward to the next version - hopefully with a fix to the password special characters, too.

edited December 1969

Well both things have been fixed now.

Keep an eye on the text in the update box, as there will be a message that will tell you when the next update is released and how to download and install it. It will probably not work the same way because of some planned changes.

edited December 1969

Is there a link to the new version?

edited December 1969

Not yet, need to do some more testing...

edited June 2012

New update a0.531 is out now, should fix all known problems. Note that the name of the program (executable) file from now is "DAZHistoryManager.exe" so this is the file you must run to start the program.

If you have version a0.529 or a0.530 you should be able to update by running the program and use the auto-updater. Otherwise, get it from the website:

Let me know if there are any problems.

Post edited by Taoz on