SOLD OUT

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I was reading STANS threads about his discontentment over the whole Carrara SHOW as it were... I think someone mended what a great stand alone program Carrara is and that it deserves better treatment fro mDAZ and deserves MORE!

I couldn't agree more...

I wonder what the possibilities are/is for stirring up enough interest to get an "group" of people to BUY Carrara from DAZ and take off running with it?

Just a thought

Anyone out there got a ton of loot for ernest money?

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

I hear what you're saying.
    DAZ might be slow, but they have kept Carrara alive.
    I'd hate to see it go to another company (perhaps more "bottom line" oriented) and have Carrara go away completely.

Better the devil you know...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

I don't foresee Carrara going away anytime soon. They are constantly working on improving it. My modeling app hasn't had an update for 4 years now.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I don't foresee Carrara going away anytime soon. They are constantly working on improving it. My modeling app hasn't had an update for 4 years now.

4 years? Damn, ever try blender out?
  • tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Carrara probably has to much content specific code for DAZ to sell it as is.

Agree, Carrara isn't going away. Look at the topics numbers for Studio verses Carrara. If the four software forums topics were any indication of userbase, cutting Carrara would be around 25%.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Richard, what makes you think DAZ wants to sell Carrara anyway?

We've seen variations on this thread many times now...and it inevitably devolves into non-productive name calling and gets zapped by the mods. Why do that again?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    Richard, what makes you think DAZ wants to sell Carrara anyway?

We've seen variations on this thread many times now...and it inevitably devolves into non-productive name calling and gets zapped by the mods. Why do that again?

Gars! You're a poo poo head!

IBTL (In before the lock!) here>

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

I think you are allowed to say SHIThead on the forum just not to somebody!
    (smiley with tongue poking out and mooning posture!)

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Carrara has constantly been in the top 30 selling products since I've been checking it. I assume that is on units shipped, not generated revenue. If this is the case, Carrara is still a good cash injection for DAZ. So, a good deal of Carrara dev love wouldn't hurt.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Right! Carrara is my modeling app - and I love it. I was being sarcastic in Manley's thread taking the word "Sell" to a different meaning is all. Just to try and pour some humor into it. It didn't work.
    edited December 1969

jimzombie said:
    Carrara has constantly been in the top 30 selling products since I've been checking it. I assume that is on units shipped, not generated revenue. If this is the case, Carrara is still a good cash injection for DAZ. So, a good deal of Carrara dev love wouldn't hurt.
    Absolutely. Don't worry. The Devs are busy. Carrara Rocks and it will be even better really soon! I can't wait 'till they start to show off what version 9 changes and additions will be like! Well... I can wait - as I have to... but I'm awfully excited about it!
  • Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

√ Developer Love

developer_love.png
    223 x 224 - 8K
    edited December 1969

Beautifully illustrated, Design Acrobat!
    The excellent developers on the Carrara project could use more of that! {Smiley}

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:

Probably for the same reason we get "Daz vs Poser" threads.
    It's a classic.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 1969

they look like harmless threads
    but
    are fuses for a stick of dynamite!
    (insert ROFL smiley here)

edited December 1969

Oh you...you...you...ah, forget it! {insert smiley with middle finger extended}

(I've always thought that there should be a smiley like that)

edited December 1969

If it is not directed at somebody it takes all the fun out of the word!

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

The excellent developers on the Carrara project could use more of that! {Smiley}

I don't know about 'beautifully' illustrated. I couldn't quite get all the nacho cheese from the bamboo pad, so it was hit or miss. :)

edited December 1969

Garstor said:

I don't know about 'beautifully' illustrated. I couldn't quite get all the nacho cheese from the bamboo pad, so it was hit or miss. :)LMFAO!!!

• PjotterPjotter Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

jimzombie said:

Where did you find this info?

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited July 2013

Pjotter said:
    jimzombie said:

Where did you find this info?

Click on Shop then Categories->Top Sellers

It is interesting to see what is in there. I wish you could sort the list by most popular.

Post edited by Zylox on
    edited December 1969

Zylox said:
    Click on Shop then Categories->Top Sellers

It is interesting to see what is in there. I wish you could sort the list by most popular.

Just because Carrara is listed there doesn't make it a top seller. It's just a database query on the backend...trust me, you can make those say just about any damn thing you want - kinda like statistics...

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:

Oh you...you...you...ah, forget it! {insert smiley with middle finger extended}

(I've always thought that there should be a smiley like that)
    There is one (actually, actually both hands). Just search for Cosgans Smilies, and check the "cheeky" category.

edited December 1969

LOL!
    I love you all!

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:

A friend of mine actually had a dog he named that.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You say tomaTOE.

I say toMAHtoe.

Let's call the whole thing off! (smirk emote)