G2 Super Hero Suit Issues

dragonsfirenhdragonsfirenh Posts: 28
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Anyone else having an issue with the suit? It does not conform at all, I thought maybe something happened to my G2 files but tried other items and they all worked fine.

Also trying to buy some og the items that are 40% off after you buy the suit but the discount does not show, I tried while buy and after and nothing.

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Doesn't quite look that bad in the viewport when I load it, but yes there looks to be a lot of mesh tearing. However, rendering shows no such issues:

suit_render.jpg
    720 x 931 - 122K
    suit.jpg
    696 x 892 - 79K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited July 2013

Add a bit of smoothing, or a low mesh offset. But once you hit render it should be fine.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

However, since I had it loaded to test out for the above I noticed that the hide_mouth morph on the mask doe snot seem to work and the boots have no allied smart content for textures (mantis case raised).

• dragonsfirenhdragonsfirenh Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

The pic I have above was rendered with no morphs

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

The pic I have above was rendered with no morphs

Rendered at which quality setting? OpenGL or 3Delight?

edited December 1969

Rendered with 3D not GL

I am a newb to studio always used Poser so I am not sure how to try the smoothing and offset options mentioned above.

• edited December 1969

Hi

I just posted a similar issue here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25100/ - I should have searched better first! However I get mesh tearing in my previews and my renders.

CyberDog suggested I apply a smoothing modifier to the suit and set collision with V6. I am a noob too, but by using another Gen 2 costume I found that under the parameters tab with the bodysuit selected, there was an option called Mesh Smoothing and collision detection within that.

However, for the Super Hero Suit there is no Mesh Smoothing option (only Mesh Resolution) - perhaps that's the problem. I'll play around with my render settings to see if I can fix it there, in which case no harm, no foul.

Dragonsfirenh - can you pls let me know if you can find the Mesh Smoothing option for the bodysuit under parameters? If you find it, I'll try reinstalling. If not, does anyone know I it Is it usual for there to be clothing without a Mesh Smoothing option? Is there another workaround?

edited December 1969

Looks like it loads without Mesh Smoothing/Collision (this is NOT an issue!) so if you wish to use tha you will nedd to:
    Select the suit in the Scene tab
    Go to the Pose tab and select the 'context menu' (top right of scene list)
    from the pop-up menu select: Edit> Geometry>| Apply Smoothing Modifier

You will then see Mesh Smoothing under the Generals section of the Parameters

• ZenrelZenrel Posts: 245
    edited July 2013

Anyone else having an issue with the suit? It does not conform at all, I thought maybe something happened to my G2 files but tried other items and they all worked fine.

Also trying to buy some og the items that are 40% off after you buy the suit but the discount does not show, I tried while buy and after and nothing.

I think you're suppose to put items in with the suit in order to get the 40% off for that item.

Post edited by Zenrel on
    edited December 1969

I could not find the options either and did the same thing you did and places you looked.

Only way I can use the suit is to make her invis in render save for the head. So I can't use the mask and can only pose in a way that you can't see the neck is missing :P Also seems if I try and do any SSS for her skin everything pokes through even invis and even if I just set SSS on face. Wierd, maybe I need to wipe my drive and re-install everything but I doubt it since it only happens with this product.

Stinks 2 as the suit looks good.

SuitTest.png
    1090 x 1416 - 374K
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

T70MkIII said:
    Hi

I just posted a similar issue here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25100/ - I should have searched better first! However I get mesh tearing in my previews and my renders.

CyberDog suggested I apply a smoothing modifier to the suit and set collision with V6. I am a noob too, but by using another Gen 2 costume I found that under the parameters tab with the bodysuit selected, there was an option called Mesh Smoothing and collision detection within that.

However, for the Super Hero Suit there is no Mesh Smoothing option (only Mesh Resolution) - perhaps that's the problem. I'll play around with my render settings to see if I can fix it there, in which case no harm, no foul.

Dragonsfirenh - can you pls let me know if you can find the Mesh Smoothing option for the bodysuit under parameters? If you find it, I'll try reinstalling. If not, does anyone know I it Is it usual for there to be clothing without a Mesh Smoothing option? Is there another workaround?

To add Mesh Smoothing to an item, select the item in the Scene Tab. Then click Edit->Figure->Geometry->Add Smoothing Modifier.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,730
    edited December 1969

Looks like the suit is simply designed to be skin tight and will render fine due to the displacement.
    There is no tearing, it is just G2F poking through.

• edited December 1969

Thanks, SimonJM and Barubary - found it, applied it and it worked perfectly. I'll have to remember this for next time!

edited December 1969

That did it thanks!!

edited July 2013

Thanks Barubary and SimonJM! Now the bad part is the rendering takes a bit longer, but I'm okay with that as long the clipping isn't there. *smile*

Post edited by Zenrel on
    edited December 1969

Still finding it hard to shape the body even a little without lots of pokes.

edited December 1969

The black suit from the store page, where can I find those combat boots?

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

Possibly the Stalker Girl boots?

• 3dTox3dTox Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    However, since I had it loaded to test out for the above I noticed that the hide_mouth morph on the mask doe snot seem to work and the boots have no allied smart content for textures (mantis case raised).

The mouth morph does work, although not the way you think it does. the reason you're not seeing the change is you haven't changed the opacity map. There are a few of them for the mask. One with no ears or mouth, one with no mouth, and another with all visible. the morph you are trying to use just loosens or tightens the material around the mouth once you've change the map so it's visible.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Might help if you updated you video card very 10 yrs or so LOL. Just kidding :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

When making skin tight suits like this one your going to get allot of poke throughs because, if you notice, there are only two shapes supported.

I found that with making my own SuperSuit for Genesis that I had to make custom shapes and add those in as helper morphs so when say the Freak 5 is dialed up the suit follows along nicely. So until there are more shapes supported your going to have issues like that.

I might suggest Scene tab drop down menu, Edit>Geometry>Apply Push Modifier and set it to .50 which will puff out the suit ever so slightly.

edited December 1969

3dTox said:
    SimonJM said:

The mouth morph does work, although not the way you think it does. the reason you're not seeing the change is you haven't changed the opacity map. There are a few of them for the mask. One with no ears or mouth, one with no mouth, and another with all visible. the morph you are trying to use just loosens or tightens the material around the mouth once you've change the map so it's visible.

Ahhh - ok, I'll try that, but would have expected a mat file to do that.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

The wrinkles do look great.

But it is a real pity that the whole suit only consists of one single material zone.

Thanks for the heads up. Had a sneaking suspicion due to some reasons. Don't have V6 yet but lack of alternate shapes or material zones means this is staying far away from my wishlist. Pity since it otherwise seems well modeled. *sigh* Really wish the 3D sites had some sort of external review/critique site.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited July 2013

RAMWolff said:

When making skin tight suits like this one your going to get allot of poke throughs because, if you notice, there are only two shapes supported.

I found that with making my own SuperSuit for Genesis that I had to make custom shapes and add those in as helper morphs so when say the Freak 5 is dialed up the suit follows along nicely. So until there are more shapes supported your going to have issues like that.

I might suggest Scene tab drop down menu, Edit>Geometry>Apply Push Modifier and set it to .50 which will puff out the suit ever so slightly.

You're good with tutorials.

Do you know of any tutorials that take you step by step through the helper morph creation process. (For people making suits with Genesis?)

That would help out a ton.

Oh, and as for bodysuits, people... you need to have smoothing modifiers on.

Take a little break to eat and write this. I'm currently finishing up getting my morphs I made for Genesis 1 over to Genesis 2. On the second to the last folder, Fantasy Shapes (Even improved my 3 finger morph allot) and created a Chameleon Girl to go with Chameleon Boy. Much cuter than he is! lol

OK... so you work in ZBrush, I hope?? Save out your obj to a folder of your choosing. Follow in order the screen grabs I've posted below....

EDITED to add: If your needing to overwrite a previously made morph to update or improve it choose Deltas only. If your creating a new morph from scratch then choose "Make Unique" (sorry about that....)

If you have more questions, please ask.

Rich

Morph_Loader_Pro_-_Final.jpg
    495 x 477 - 26K
    Morph_Loader_Pro_-_Property_Group.jpg
    872 x 695 - 161K
    Morph_Loader_Pro_-_Deltas_Only.jpg
    497 x 477 - 63K
    Morph_Loader_Pro_-_OBJ_Folder.jpg
    1094 x 845 - 168K
    Morph_Loader_Pro_-_Choose_Morph_Files.jpg
    495 x 475 - 44K
    Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2013

A simple method to hide all of the pokethrough, hide Genesis' body. You can't see it through the suit anyways. Expand Genesis all the way in the scene tab (highlight > right click > somewhere you'll find to expand selection) > highlight all of the body parts you need (you can select one and shift click another to get batches of them at once) > go to the parameters tab > all > set Visible to OFF. No need to mess with pushing, smoothing, etc when the offending body parts are under clothing and cannot be seen though the clothing (unless of course you're making a body suit made of lace).

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

But it is a real pity that the whole suit only consists of one single material zone.

Only one mat zone? Wow. And Ugh. Can anyone please post a wireshaded view of the suit to get a sense of the face layout to see if it can be rescued with the Polygon Group Editor? Otherwise I guess I need to remove it from my wishlist.
  • linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited July 2014

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Based on the wireframes, it looks like it isn't very conducive to trying to make new mat zones for it in the PGE. It looks more like its designed to follow the topology of G2F instead of making the lines one would typically see in superhero outfits. Granted, it means it should fit the G2F shape well, but it's not going to be easy to use shaders with this outfit.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Can anyone please post a wireshaded view of the suit to get a sense of the face layout to see if it can be rescued with the Polygon Group Editor?

If I load only the suit into the scene some strange things seem to go on.

If I rotate the suit also in texture shaded mode it is like one can see the inside showing trough in some random areas.

Hmmm, that's interesting. It looks like it might be something I could use to modify into what I need for a particular character's uniform, though. It's in my cart, I'll give it a bit more thought before the evening ends.