Content gone Help

atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
edited December 1969 in New Users

Yikes, I installed Darkside style and all of my library has disappeared. Uninstalled Darkside, but still just the basic come with DAZ content in My Library.

What do I do now?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

Try changing your layout to something else and then back to what you want. I had a similar problem and that worked for me.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I'll try that, but it's not even on my hard drive any more.

edited December 1969

I now have only two styles: Highway and Main Street.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmmm... This sounds like more than just a content issue. It sounds like it might have dropped some file pointers. Have you checked to see if your Content Folder is still listed in the DS user Directories? Mine geeked out during a sve the other day and I had to re build my layout and style from scratch. I didn't lose content but I have not checked everything yet.

edited December 1969

From my Content Library tab, I can still see thumbnails and the items are listed. And they load onto Genesis in my Viewport.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Jad did you save you layout and style becasue you can. Then if it happens again two clicks and it will be back to how you set it up.

Window > Workspace > Save Layout As..... (or F4) and
    Window > Style > Save Style As...

Give them both names you will remmember like My New Layout etc.

edited December 1969

Thats good, open your Content Library Tab look for the little square with lines on it, should be in the upper right corner of the tab. Click it and you will get a menu. First try Scan Known Diroctories for files... This could take awhile depending on how many diroctories and content files you have.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Jad did you save you layout and style becasue you can. Then if it happens again two clicks and it will be back to how you set it up.

I had a backup Szark but for some reason it would not load. I think my Data pointers got corrupted during the save.
    edited December 1969

Never mind. Obviously I've lost my mind, not my content. When I reinstalled Pro on the 21st, it added the basic content under Studio, not My Library. Once I opened My Library, everything seems to be just where it belongs. Working fine now. I should have investigated more thoroughly before hitting the panic button.

edited December 1969

Cool!! You just forgot to point the new install to your folder, thats happened many a time.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Szark said:

I had a backup Szark but for some reason it would not load. I think my Data pointers got corrupted during the save.Twilight Daz Studio Zone again I see. LOL
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Jaderail said:
    Szark said:

I had a backup Szark but for some reason it would not load. I think my Data pointers got corrupted during the save.
    Twilight Daz Studio Zone again I see. LOL
    That has happened twice with large scene files. I think the data might be over writing some other data.
    edited December 1969

Yeah this is twice I have heard this but as of yet it hasn't happened to me. I only have 3GB and haven't had a big scene for a while. I am going to keep my eyes peeled for more reports of this.

edited December 1969

Thanks, everybody, for your help. I feel like an idiot. Once I figured it out, I went back to working my way through Figures, Characters, and Avatars 2nd edition. Spent a lot of time on shaping because I really get a kick out of moving those sliders around.

edited December 1969

What are friends for Anne if we can't help? Have fun sliding around.