"Planet of the Apes" hair?

PtropePtrope Posts: 679
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Has anyone tried making this? I can get pretty close using the various morphs out there - even some of the ones for M3 & V3 - but I can't find any hair or beard that will recreate the look of the apes from "Planet of the Apes." Has anyone seen any out there, for either the 3rd- or 4th-gen figures? Or anyone looking for their next project and didn't know what to try? :D

Thanks!

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

What software are you using? Poser? Daz Studio? Carrara?

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

What software are you using? Poser? Daz Studio? Carrara?

If all else fails - try something like a Santa beard or whatever has the right elements, shave the chin with an alpha map (transparency), and recolor it.

It could work...

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

I'm Bored so I'm making you one for Genesis.:) Will Upload when done. No charge:)

apehair.jpg
    500 x 437 - 59K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,832
    edited December 1969

Just using a transmap would leave an obvious cut off, it would probably be better to use a magnet or DForm to pull the middle of the mesh in below the face, possibly using a transmap to stop it from showing within the mouth.

edited December 1969

There wont be any poking in the mouth, that image was my first test. Gona use a lot less and thicker fibres...

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Very nice Zev0

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

That looks great Zev0 !!! :-)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,832
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    There wont be any poking in the mouth, that image was my first test. Gona use a lot less and thicker fibres...

I was replying to Sockratese - your post wasn't there when I wrote, and I didn't scroll back to see it afterwards.

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited June 2012

There used to be an incredible-looking "Planet of the Apes" morph-and-hair freebie for M4 in the old freebies forums, but the person who created (Werts, I believe) it dropped out of circulation, and no one would redistribute the archive.

Post edited by Morpheon on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:
    There was an incredible-looking "Planet of the Apes" morph and hair freebie for M4 listed in the old forums, but the person who created it dropped out of circulation, and no one would redistribute the archive.

No one can redistribute it unless they have permission first.

edited December 1969

Sarsifus said:
    There used to be an incredible-looking "Planet of the Apes" morph-and-hair freebie for M4 in the old freebies forums, but the person who created (Werts, I believe) it dropped out of circulation, and no one would redistribute the archive.

Actually the hair freebie required was somebody else's and I don't happen to have the link handy. WERTS provided a hair cap or something for it to work with the morph. Think it was just called pullback hair.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

That looks awesome Zev0! I really want to play with those hair tools but so busy with other projects.... one of these days! lol

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Actually the hair freebie required was somebody else's and I don't happen to have the link handy. WERTS provided a hair cap or something for it to work with the morph. Think it was just called pullback hair.

Just to clear this up, the Werts one is a hair prop but it needs the texture from Kozaburo All Back Hair. Not that it matters if you don't have it :(

Zev0 seems to be providing a brilliant solution for Daz users so hopefully the apiness can proceed with joy unbounded :)

edited December 1969

Well its nearly done. Just trying to solve the issue of one or two fibres distorting when dialling up an extreme body morph. I hate it when that happens...Its harder to fix on a long beard..

edited December 1969

Haruchai said:

Just to clear this up, the Werts one is a hair prop but it needs the texture from Kozaburo All Back Hair. Not that it matters if you don't have it :(

Zev0 seems to be providing a brilliant solution for Daz users so hopefully the apiness can proceed with joy unbounded :)

Thank you ... I found the morph in my collection one day but it didn't have anything for hair with it so it was either the first zip out or ? happened there.

Yes! Looking forward to trying out Zev0's fantastic looking hair 'n beard. Should be workable with a couple of other characters I'm working on as well.

http://www.fontspace.com/filmfonts/planet-of-the-apes
    non-commercial use only

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I'm Bored so I'm making you one for Genesis.:) Will Upload when done. No charge:)

Gotta love how the site sends out notices of new posts - I completely missed the rest of this thread! :(

That's very cool, Zev0! Did you ever finish it?

edited December 1969

I did....then I lost the file...during my system upgrade, so I never came back to it:(

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Oh, I feel for you - just lost years of stuff about a month ago when Win7 corrupted the index of an external HDD. I can see the files - but they have gibberish names that the OS can't open :-(.

Well, here's hoping 2013 is your year ;). Good luck and thanks for trying :).

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Ptrope said:
    Oh, I feel for you - just lost years of stuff about a month ago when Win7 corrupted the index of an external HDD. I can see the files - but they have gibberish names that the OS can't open :-(.

Well, here's hoping 2013 is your year ;). Good luck and thanks for trying :).

There ought to be a tool out there that can repair the files, I'd think.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited December 1969

Ptrope, check your regular e-mail.

Sincerely,

Bill

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited December 1969

Back in the old forums there was a thread or a post about someone who morphed the mil big cat mane to fit Michael 3 or 4.