Updated Genesis & Genesis 2 Products List & Thing To Be Aware Of

Comments

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Slosh, from what I see Genesis has two morphs that affect YT Justin head.
    First is Justin which is full-body morph in Actor/Male/Real World, which affects both body and head (and it also has an embedded scale change down to 94.5%).
    Second is Justin Head which is in Actor/Head/Male/Real World, which doesn't affect the scale. You can dial it -100% to eliminate initial Justin head and add, say, pure M4 head to Justin bodymorph.
    Maybe scale is an issue?

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Slosh, from what I see Genesis has two morphs that affect YT Justin head.
    First is Justin which is full-body morph in Actor/Male/Real World, which affects both body and head (and it also has an embedded scale change down to 94.5%).
    Second is Justin Head which is in Actor/Head/Male/Real World, which doesn't affect the scale. You can dial it -100% to eliminate initial Justin head and add, say, pure M4 head to Justin bodymorph.
    Maybe scale is an issue?

I thought so at first, too, but it is not the issue. I created both a FBM and a FHM for him just the same as I did for Julie and the other 36 or so characters I own, but his just doesn't want to cooperate. I also tried scaling him to 100% before making the morph, just in case that was the deal, but it made no difference. I know in most cases you want to scale the figure back to 100% before creating morphs, but in the case of my product, leaving the scale at whatever the dial creates actually makes the morphs work. When scaling to 100%, my item comes out wrong.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Updated:

Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials (DIM) (DSON)

Notes: This got updated a day ago. The stand alone PC and Mac versions have been removed from the downloads for it, so it i now only available in a DIM .zip. It was updated a day ago but I didn't see any different dates on files when I gave them a quick look over, so no idea what was changed if any.

edited December 1969

Added & Updated:

Gia Hair (DIM) (Genesis / Genesis 2 / Gen 4) (DSON)
    Qamra Hair (DIM) (Genesis / Genesis 2) (DSON)
    Yolande Hair (DIM) (Genesis / Genesis 2 / V4) (DSON)

Note: All the above hair products got a Genesis 2 version added to them.

edited June 2013

Updated:

Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female (DIM) (Note: The last update was on 6-22-2013 Only DIM has newest version..)

Notes: This got another update recently. Only the DIM version has the newest version the separate installers still show the older version from 6-20-2013. This is the 3rd version and a 4th may be in the works in the future based on some posts. The last update was on 6-22-2013 from looking at the files and is indicated.)

Post edited by Jay_NOLA on
  • MickyBeMickyBe Posts: 336
    edited June 2013

New :

Basic Underwear for Genesis 2 Female(s) (DIM) (Genesis 2)

Damsels and Divas - Poses (DIM) (Genesis 2)

Xylia Double French Braids 2 (1.0) (DSON) (Genesis & Genesis 2) (Separate installer for each Genesis version)

Post edited by MickyBe on
    edited December 1969

Thanks MickyBel,

I just got those added in to the list.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials (91.5MB) just updated

edited December 1969

New :

Shape Shift for Genesis (DIM) (Genesis)
    Shape Shift for Genesis 2 Female and V6 (DIM) (Genesis 2)

Song of Spring (DIM) (Genesis 2)

edited December 1969

Thanks to SimonJW & MickyBel for the info on several of the items added and updated.

Added & Updated 6-29-2013.

Deeta Hair 2 (DIM) (Genesis / Genesis 2) (DSON) Note: DIM files were last updated on 6-12-2013.)
    Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files were last updated on 6-27-2013.)
    Harlow Hair 2 (DIM) (Genesis / Genesis 2) (DSON) Note: DIM files were last updated on 6-12-2013.)
    Marisandra Hair 2 (DIM) (Genesis / Genesis 2) (DSON) Note: DIM files were last updated on 6-11-2013.)
    Portia Hair 2 (DIM) (Genesis / Genesis 2) (DSON) (Note: DIM files were last updated on 6-11-2013.)
    Shape Shift Bundle (See separate entries for each product in the bundle)
    Shape Shift for Genesis (DIM) (Genesis) (DSON)
    Shape Shift for Genesis 2 Female and V6 (DIM) (Genesis 2) (DSON)
    Song of Spring (DIM) (Genesis 2) (DSON)
    Xylia Double French Braids 2 (DIM) (Genesis / Genesis 2) (DSON) (Note: DIM files were last updated on 6-15-2013.)

Note: I'm going to be listing when the DIM files were last updated when I know that for any entries I added or update, since they don't have a version number. You can see hen a DIM was updated by looking at the folder dates and Manifest.dsx in the zip.

edited December 1969

Big Update !

Aiko 5 (DIM)
    Kimberly for Genesis Character (DIM)
    Kimberly for Genesis Complete (DIM)
    Michael 5 (DIM)
    Stalker Girl (DIM)
    Stephanie 5 (DIM)
    Tsukiko for Aiko 5 (DIM)
    Victoria 5 (DIM)
    Young Teens Julie (DIM)
    Young Teens Justin (DIM)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Throw a few more characters to that list:

Daz Monstrosities: Undead Fiend
    Gorilla for Genesis
    Troll for Genesis

All DIM.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Few more, again, all DIM:

Haley Young Teen
    Hayden Young Teen
    Hiro 5
    Sadie and Sam for Genesis
    Stolz
    -> note: they also updated the Poser M4 files apparently: Stolz Michael 4 Ps
    The Huntsman

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

does anyone know WHAT the updates were for those last 3 posts? (Aiko 5 etc)

edited June 2013

The Products Library has a glitch that may be causing some problem for those updating.

A few products have two different versions showing up in the Products Library. Some have the same file size, but the files have different dates depending on the version you download.

If you do a manual download you can check the file dates to make sure you have the current one.

These were also update:

Addison (DIM) (Genesis / V4) (DSON) (Notes DIM files updated on 6-26-2013 for Genesis , Legacy, & V4 and on 1-29-2013 for CF.)
    Anastasiya for A5 (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated on 6-28-2013.)
    Andrei for Freak 5 (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated on 6-27-2013 for DSON Core and 2-25-2013 for Poser CF.)
    Freak 5 (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated on 6-26-2013 for DSON Core and 3-13-2013 for Poser CF.)

All other items reported were updated or added to the list of the DIM files are listed when I knew them. The Poser CFs didn't get updated in most cases from what I'm seeing
    DAZ did most of the updates in the past few days.

DAZ also madethe V5 General Poses, M5 Basic Poses, M5 Underwear seperate products in the Products Libary instead of having them groupd with the base figure.
    Thety have note been updated.

Thanks MickyBel, Renpatsu, Slosh, and Vaskania for reporting in this thread and in another thread things that were updated.

I'll be making another update post latter today as newer things get added that people report. Plus I'm checking to see if some items that were reported being updated have been or if it is the result of duplicate files in the Products Library. (have about 7 products to check.)

edited December 1969

Updated and Added:

Arashi for Hiro 5 (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated on 6-28-2013 for DSON Core and Legacy and on 6-26-2013 for Poser CF.)
    CitizenX (DIM) (DSON)
    David 5 (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files were last updated on 6-26-2013 for DSON Core and on 4-16-2013 for Poser CF.)
    Gabi for V5 (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated on 6-26-2013 for DSON Core and Legacy and on 3-6-2013 for Poser CF.)
    Genesis Female Genitalia (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated: 3-1-2013 for Core / 12-5-2012 for Legacy / 3-6-2013 for Poser CF.)
    Genesis Male Genitalia (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated on 6-142013 for DSON Core and Legacy and on 12-5-2012 for CF.)
    Gunner for David 5 (1.0) (DSON) (Note: DIM files were last updated on 6-27-2013 for DSON Core and on 4-9-2013 for Poser CF.)
    Leafy Suit for Genesis (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated 1-10-2013.)
    Mavka for Genesis (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated 6-26-2013.)
    Mavka Hair for Genesis (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated 1-10-2013.)
    Riley for Stephanie 5 (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated on 6-26-2013 for DSON Core and Legacy and on 3-6-2013 for Poser CF.)
    Takeo for Hiro (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated on 5 2-4-2013.)
    Tori for V5 (DIM) (DSON) (DIM files last updated 6-26-2013 for DSON Core and Legacy and on 3-12-2013 for Poser CF.)

Important Notes: Again, several of the above products have 2 different versions of files that can be downloaded, which can cause updating problems.

Check the date of the files in the zip and the date of the Manifest.dsx file in the zip to make sure you have the current version.

The current ones are in most cases when multiple versions show in the Product Library the files at the bottom of the files that can be downloaded for a product.

Some products have slightly different names too between the different versions, which also is causing update problems. (Example, Gunner for David 5 has an older version that can be download that has DS in the name while the newer version doesn't have DS in the DIM file name.)

All other items reported were updated or added to the list of the DIM files are listed when I knew them. The Poser CFs didn't get updated in most cases from what I'm seeing.

Thanks again to everyone who mentioned things that got updated.

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    DAZ also madethe V5 General Poses, M5 Basic Poses, M5 Underwear seperate products in the Products Libary instead of having them groupd with the base figure.
    Thety have note been updated

They might have done this a while ago. I have V5/M5 Basic Poses and M5's undies already as separate products with installed dates back in May.

edited December 1969

New :

Genesis 2 Head Morph Resource Kit (DIM) (Genesis 2)

edited December 1969

G2F Starter Essentials has been updated.

2013-07-01 - Refinement of Fingers Squeeze and Hand Chop morphs.

edited July 2013

Thanks MickyBel,

just got that added to the list

Kerya,

I also noticed that the one Read Me that mentioned an update, may have an error on it too.

I says the update occurred on 6-30-2013, but the files were last updated on 6-28-2013. Just re-downloaded and checked the file dates. So the Read Me may be incorrect or another update will be out soon.

General Comment:

According to DAZ 52 products got updated over the weekend. I've only got about 30 of those listed so if any one knows of any that were updated that were not reported please post them.

edited December 1969

DAZ just gave a rough list of all the products that got updated over the weekend in another thread.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/368184/

Not everything that got updated was a Genesis item.

I'll be getting the rest of the Genesis stuff updated and added on this list in the next couple of hours when I have time to work on the list.

If anyone want to mention the file dates for any of the things I need to update from that list please do so.

Additionally, I found a few things got updated a few weeks ago, so I'll be updating those items, and will list those updates after I get everything on the list updated in the next few hours.

edited December 1969

This is all the other Genesis stuff that got updated over the weekend that wasn't on the list after the massive updating of yesterday some other things that got updated awhile back that I just learned had gotten updates.

All these items have been updated and added to the main list.

Also fixed some typos on the main list I noticed while doing the update.

Updated & Added:

Aaron for Genesis Young Teen Justin (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated: 6-26-2013 for DSON Core and Legacy / 3-21-2013 for CF.)
    Andrea for Genesis Young Teen Julie (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated: 6-26-2013 for DSON Core and Legacy / 3-21-2013 for CF.)
    Ashiki for Aiko 5 (DIM)
    Azumi for Aiko (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated on 1-30-2013.)
    Chablis for Genesis/V4 (DIM) (Genesis / V4) (DSON) (Note: Only Genesis version has Poser CF.)
    DAZ Monstrosities: Infernal Behemoth (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated on 6-27-2013 for DSON Core and 5-2-2013 for Poser CF.)
    DAZ Monstrosities: Skullcrusher Ogre (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated on 5-21-2013.)
    Duckie for Genesis (DIM) (DSON)
    Gem for V5 (DIM) (Note: DIM files last updated on 12-3-2012.)
    Genesis Sabbatic Goat (DIM)
    Greater and Lesser Goblin (DIM) (DSON)
    Hitomi 3D Anime Girl for Genesis (DIM) (Note: DIM files last updated on 5-10-2013.)
    Hitomi's Day Out (DIM) (Note: DIM files last updated on 1-3-2013.)
    Killer Shark for Genesis (DIM)
    Livia for V4 and Genesis (DIM) (Genesis / V4)
    Lycaon the Werewolf (DIM) (DSON)
    Muck for Genesis (DIM)
    P3D Tom (DIM) (Genesis / M4)
    Red's Granny (DIM)
    Sirano M5 (DIM) (DSON)
    Stefan for M4 and Genesis (DIM) (Genesis / M4)
    The Forest King (DIM) (DSON)
    The Ghoul (DIM) (DSON)
    The Mind of Evil (DIM) (DSON)
    Thomas for M4 and Genesis M5 (DIM) (Genesis / M4)
    TyRex (DIM) (DSON)
    Victoria 5 Elite Texture Nichole (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated: 6-26-2013 for DSON Core and on 11-18-2012 for Poser CF.)
    Zoey for Victoria 5 (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated on 3-22-2013.)

Notes: Red's Granny according to the Documentation Center hasn't been released.

edited July 2013

Update :

Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials (DIM) (Genesis 2)
    Ideal Beauty Shapes : Knee and Elbows for Genesis (DIM) (Genesis)

Oops Vaskania already reported that Genesis 2F Starter Essentials was updated ... sorry :p

Post edited by MickyBe on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

According to Carl Fisher:
    Gorilla for Genesis (DIM) (DSON)

edited December 1969

Updated once again:

Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated on 7-1-2013 for DSON Core and on 6-27-2013 for CF.)

Note: The previous update had the date given for the DSON Core files as 6-27-2013 and came out over the weekend.

Thanks MickyBel,

I got the ones you mentioned updated on the list. Good think you mentioned Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials got updated as it was another update since the version Vaskania had reported I noticed after checking the file dates. That wasn't an oops whn you mention it.

Thanks, Kerya, just double checked the Gorilla for Genesis still showing the same ones I updated on the list on Sunday, but I'll re download again latter today and see if another update is out and just not showing up yet for download.

edited December 1969

Added & Updated:

Afternoon Tea for Frivolous Forties (DIM) (Genesis 2) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated on 6-24-2013.)
    Car Ranger (DIM) (Note: Product is a vehicle with Genesis and M4 driver poses. DIM files last updated on 5-14-2013.)
    Driver poses for Michael 4 (PZ2) and Genesis (DUF)
    Classic Pin-Up Sitting Poses for Victoria 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated on 6-18-2013.)
    Classic Pin-Up Standing Poses for Victoria 6 (DIM) (Genesis 2) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated on 6-18-2013.)
    Frivolous Forties (DIM) (Genesis 2) (DSON) (Note: DIM files last updated on 6-24-2013.)
    Sunshine for Summer Dress (DIM) (Note: DIM files last updated on 5-14-2013.)
    Summer Dress for Genesis (DIM) (Note: DIM files last updated on 1-28-2013.)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

..so what does this mean?

Aaron for Genesis Young Teen Justin (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated: 6-26-2013 for DSON Core and Legacy / 3-21-2013 for CF.)
    Andrea for Genesis Young Teen Julie (DIM) (DSON) (Note: DIM files updated: 6-26-2013 for DSON Core and Legacy / 3-21-2013 for CF.)

Do I need to re download these again or is this only pertinent to DIM users? There used to be a "version" number like 1.1, 1.2 etc... listed when there was a revision, I don't see that here or in the product library.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..so what does this mean?

Do I need to re download these again or is this only pertinent to DIM users? There used to be a "version" number like 1.1, 1.2 etc... listed when there was a revision, I don't see that here or in the product library.

Yes, that's something I've complained about in posts in a couple of threads.

Various people don't want to use the DIM software for varying reasons; I won't use it while it insists on using the Public folders for instance (optionally using it, like Poser for the location of its runtime on install, even recommending it, is fine; insisting on it is not). DAZ people keep saying you don't have to use it, you can just manually download the DIM ZIP, open it and drag the content out from inside the content folder in it to install the content. This is true, but they've removed the version numbers from the names of the DIM zips, so we can no longer see if there's been an update. Indeed, even if we download the DIM zip, the only way to tell if there's been an update is to burrow into the zip and look at the datestamps on the files and compare them with those in our libraries. And given that they stopped sending out emails to notify of product updates several years ago, this effectively makes it impossible for us to manage our content - at least in terms of updates - without using the DIM software, which does notify of updates.

Indeed the ONLY reason I can think of for DAZ to have removed version numbers from the names of the content downloads is a deliberate and frankly petty attempt to try to force those of us holding out against using the DIM to have to use it anyway, while still being able to piously claim that, oh no, we don't have to use it if we don't want to.

This just makes me really angry at DAZ - and rather sickened by their antics too. It clearly would not be impossible or even difficult to include version numbers in the DIM zip names. Nor would it be impossible for them to email notifications of updates like they used to. To think : when a product I've bought from Renderosity is updated, I both (I) get an email notification, and (ii) the update (and the date of the update) is noted in my account Item List. If Renderosity can handle the matter, there's no reason why DAZ can't.

As it is, we are left with either or both (a) checking the ReadMes of products we have previously bought in the DAZ Documentation Center to see if an update note has been added (and sometimes they don't add them, or not until many days later), and/or (b) checking the list here and the noted DIM files updated date against the dates of the content of the DIM ZIPs we've still got.

Really NOT a happy bunny.

In my case, I will NOT install the DIM software while it insists on using the Pubic folders. Full stop, end of story, whatever DAZ do. If I reach the point of thinking I simply can't manage my DAZ content in any reasonable way without the DIM, then I will simply stop buying any content here rather than install DIM software that breaks standards in this way. There is simply no reason for DIM to HAVE to use the public folders, not one of the many hundreds of other programs I've installed and used on my Windows machines has insisted on using the Public folders, and I'm not having it. If DAZ want me to use their DIM software, all they have to do is what they should have done in the first place and make the folder location selectable by the user. Otherwise they need to make managing their content without DIM PRACTICABLE, not just theoretically possible, and put the version numbers back into the content download filenames.

• willowfanwillowfan Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

"all they have to do is what they should have done in the first place and make the folder location selectable by the user"

ermm... you can point the DIM to install content to any directory you like or just download and not install, in fact you can have as many install paths as you like and switch between them at will.

The only mandatory install paths are those for the DAZ software itself and plugins.