Bryce 5.5 free

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited July 2013 in Bryce Discussion

Hi there.

Received a rather amusing email today. Figured there might be a few people dropping in to look for and get this.

So if anybody happens to know where is the link and all that, the links that the email was using eventually led to a 404.

To: Friend
Sent: Monday, July 1, 2013 6:06:38 PM
Subject: Bryce 5.5 For Free Download Released by DAZ 3D

DAZ 3D has announced that the latest version of its landscape
and animation software, “Bryce” has been released for free
download, adding to the previous free versions of Bryce 5
and DAZ|Studio.

btw - for those dropping in, as far as we know Bryce 7.something Pro is the most recent release and while not free, it's certainly not expensive.

http://www.daz3d.com/bryce/bryce-7-pro

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I think a few things might have changed in the past 6 years, which is when Bryce 6.1 came out and DAZ 3D put up Bryce 5.5 for free.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I would think so.

And then of course there was that lovely long period of time when Bryce 7Pro was temporarily free.

• launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited July 2013

Hi there,

I got Bryce 5.5 free via Daz3D some years ago, in fact my serial nr still appears for 5.5 in my downloads although I have the latest version 7.1 too! And at that time it was also available via cnet.com for quite some time I think, but I quickly did a search now and it seems to be removed from cnet. I haven't check further for more links, but if it's removed from cnet I doubt it that it will still be available elsewhere. Maybe someone would be lucky to get it still, hopefully ... maybe from Dreamlight as from your email?

Post edited by launok on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2013

No Dreamlight would not be licensed to supply it.. Only DAZ 3D can supply this legally.

afaicr Bryce 5,5 was released in 2006, not too long after DAZ 3D added it their stable of programs, as an ArtZone members only offer, at least that was how I got it.

Bryce 5.5 Hi-Bandwidth ArtZone Member Exclusive
    I think that was a special offer price.

It later became free in 2007.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Dreamlight wasn't supply it, he linked to a blog from 2007 that was supplying it. It amused me that he thought it was a new thing.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

His multiple promotions for one of his products also included stale dated information claiming Hexagon was free. Well it hasn't been free for some time. Bit puzzling why he/she/they aren't checking their information being bulk mailing the world.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I nearly chocked on whatever it was I was eating at the time I read Dreamlight's blog post. I especially got a kick that it quoted Dan Farr, who isn't with DAZ3D any more, and hasn't been for over a year, at least.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,117
    edited December 1969

Yeah, Dan Farr seems to be in the commettee that organises the 2017 Salt Lake Comic Con in September 5-7 at the South Town Expo Center. I knew he had left DAZ but don't know exactly when.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

What surprises me is that Dreamlight is a fairly active vendor and a lot of his products are about how to use Studio. So based on that, one would think he would be more in the know on something like what Daz is and isn't offering for free?

• launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited December 1969

I can't remember exactly in which forum threat it was about Dreamlight quite some time back, misleading one with freebie to get you on the end to buy something. I got a bit wary of the site. I also got the same email as by Patience recently but normally gives any emails from them a pass. But on reading the comments here I think I will rather take them off my email list if they don't do proper research on what they offer!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately a thread that started as an amused comment on a slip has turned into an attack on another member and so we are forced to lock the thread

This discussion has been closed.