The Briefing (-Meeting-Class) Room.... Now Available!

V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
edited July 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hello! A quick edit on the 27th of July to inform you that the product is now out!
You can find it here :
For the Bundle Room + the Poses :
http://www.daz3d.com/the-briefing-room-bundle/
For The Room Only :
http://www.daz3d.com/the-briefing-room-1/
For The Poses Only :
www.daz3d.com/the-briefing-room-poses/

Welcome to the Briefing-Meeting-Class room, let's call it the Briefing Room to be shorter.
This is presently a WIP of a Prop I'm going to submit to DAZ as soon as it is over (as soon as....).

Let's say 90% of the job is already done. That is why before finishing it, I'm presenting it here, in order to eventually include your feedback in the final stages of development.
This multi-usage / multi-purpose room can be used for your briefings, your meetings, office or classroom areas depending on the elements you'll chose to move or remove.
For now (I'll determine if I keep all of this in final version), it includes :
A large choice of loads options :
1. Load the main scene (4 walls + floor + ceiling) and add one of the 5 corresponding center area option (chairs only, chairs and "classroom alignment" tables, Cshape tables configuration, or a UShape one, or a Two Work Areas of 4 tables),
2. Load these 5 different scenes already settled,
3. You can chose to load separately the useful areas depending on your camera angle (North, South, East and West Areas, Room Floor, Ceiling and the 5 "Room Centers" come separated).

You will find many elements to customize your room :
Different Materials presets: ON/OFF for : TVs, Beamer, Beamer Screen, and White Board written or not.
Morphing Elements: Lectern Micros and Lectern Shape, Beamer Screen opening/closing
Mobile elements : Door, Door Handle, and the funniest : the needles of the clock!
Many Props (not counted yet!) amongst them, flags (3 different ones), cabinets, coffee pots, printer, fax, TV screens, tables, chairs, Video Screen, books and box, fire alarm, wall switches, wall plugs, clock, have been included in order to add to realism.
Special "fake" irradiance maps are included in order to fake the real repartition of light on the walls, ceiling and floor in DAZ and Poser (Octane or luxrender users will be able to remove them).
And finally, to help you going faster :
- Today, 13 camera presets to be sure to start "in the room" with appropriate camera settings.
- 2 lights Presets for more realistic renderings, one cold light, one warmer light.
- Several character poses presets : 3 Lectern (for now), 7 sitting (for now) with or without table, and several standing (12 for now). All these poses are today made for M4 and V4 (height offset of characters included to take into account shoes thickness - more particularly "Ultimate Military" Ranger boots).. Mirror poses will be included too. All sitting poses are made of the first chair of the first room center options, and there is a folder of poses allowing you to change the character place on any chosen chair in the room (presently under development, very long to do!).
I'm not sure right now that there is a interest to make them for Genesis since Genesis characters vary a lot in size, and that all poses can easily be adapted from M4 or V4 poses. Any opinions about it?
You can see some of the poses on the images linked.
What else? Well the room is a "blind" room, which means that you won't have to worry on how to deal what's behind the windows.
Here are a few renders, Poser Renders first for global room and poses, then Octane renders for some room details (renders made to check everything was going to be OK under octane and luxrender). I have not finished the materials and lights on DAZ, which explains why there are not these renders yet. And you can of course click on images to enlarge.

Now as I told you, any feedback is welcome for this product to be as close as possible to your needs.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818
    edited May 2013

It looks like a interesting prop, I am curious about the flags, will they come with textures for all world flags? You did say three different ones, but I'm not sure if you meant three different world flags or just three different movement or such :)

Post edited by Carola O on
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited July 2013

Hello and thanks for your interest.
    Concerning the flags, I meant 3 different shapes and not 3 different textures. Actually, I have calculated 3 different flags shapes using specific 3D simulations, with different physical values and initial conditions for each of the flags.
    Yet, I have just checked that is was very easy to change your flag pattern (the pattern on the UV map is using a rectangular base). I have not planned yet to include different texture options for flags, but if several people ask me, I could reconsider this choice. Do you already have an idea of what flag patterns would interest you?

EDITED on the 07 / 01 / 2013 : Since choices were to be made (I did not want to include all the flags of the world!!!), the final textures I have included are : US/Europe/China/Nato/UNO/Olympic flags. Additional option allowing to have a metallic instead of a wood structure.

EasyToCustomiseFlag.jpg
    900 x 1066 - 351K
    edited December 1969

The EU flag, the UN flag, perhaps the Nato flag too. Those would cover a lot of ideas. I can also easily see that room being used to held meetings and such for important people from different countries, and it would have been a nice touch to have the respective country flag in it :)

so basically all flags for the different countries, UN, EU and Nato. Or if that is a bit too much, the UN, EU, Nato and Olympic one would be nice.

I can have far too many ideas sometimes *sheepish smile*

Carola

edited December 1969

Hello Carola!
    Thanks for your idea. That is for this kind of things that I posted here.
    I've just finished to include DAZ and poser Materials in the libraries for the flags : US/Europe/UNO/NATO/Olympic/China. I haven't made the render of all of them together yet, but I should post it someday. Flags now also have a choice between wood and metallic vertical support.

I've also finished the light and material optimization for Poser and DAZ 4 and more. Here is my first DAZ "final" render with the final settings.
    I'm sharing it here with you.
    Now I have to organize everything and see how to create the DAZ3 compatible files to work with it (never done it before), but I've never been closer to the end!

DAZ_BR_T01a.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 230K
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Now how on earth did I miss this thread?

This looks like it's coming along well. Any idea when you'll have it finished?

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Now how on earth did I miss this thread?

This looks like it's coming along well. Any idea when you'll have it finished?

I second that question. This looks very realistic, both in the Poser and DS renders. I honestly wasn't sure if I was looking at photographs or renders when simply viewing the reduced size pictures in the thread. The poses on the characters are very well done, too.

edited December 1969

Darn, I had lost this thread.. and I totally agree, it looks and sounds great, good job ! will be nice to see it when it comes *smiles warmly*

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

YEEEEEAH! I've needed something like this for a loooooong time.

edited December 1969

@ MissB, Slosh, Carola and Camberra-Boy!!

Thank you for you nice feedback, this is an old post with almost no answers and I began to wonder if people were interested in such a product!

Good News : I've finished it!!! I hope it should soon be released, let's cross the fingers.
    Concerning realism, you make me really happy since this was my goal! In this topic, the two first top images are Poser renders, the two following are Octane via poser plug-in, and the two ones I'm posting here today are DAZ renders. On these two last ones, you can see the south area with different morphs (lectern/VideoScreen) and material options, and the rest of the room (seen from south east angle) with four of the five different preload options, and some materials and light variations.

Since interior "room scenes" are very particular to render with, I have preferred including different "starter lights" so that the users don't fight finding the appropriate lights (gives the room the look you can see on the images). I call them starter light because you can start with them, you can render immediately with them, but you can also tweak them if you want particular effects.
    Also I wanted to include several "starter camera" presets to be sure to start in the room, (and not behind a wall).

Finally, I have separated the product in two products, which, if everything is ok, should be available separately or as a bundle, so that people can chose to have the poses or not :
    - in the first product there are : the room, its (many) preloads, its materials options, lights and camera presets, and a few useful props (single chair, single table, folders, hand markers adapted to the character and the writing poses),
    - and on the second product the poses for M4, V4, and Genesis (.pz2 and .duf for M4 and V4, .duf only for Genesis, I have not made them for DSON). Concerning the poses I ended up with 9 sitting poses (+ 9 mirrored), 13 standing poses (+ 13 mirrored), all these for M4 and V4 and Genesis, and 73 "GoSitOn" poses. Which means that you will have, if you count everything including the Genesis poses, a total of 205 poses. So in order to organise them, they are in subfolders, first character, then sit or stand. The GoSitOn poses are also in a separate subfolder and work whatever the character and are organised chair by chair preload option by preload option, this means that if you want the character to sit on one chair, first you sit him (he will be placed on the first chair of the first preload option) then you chose your chair .pz2 or .duf, and it will be placed ok. The thumbs of these GoSitOn are framed from above with a M4 sitting on the chair, and they have names corresponding to "CenterOptionNumber-Chair-ChairNumber". I add the image here of what it is looking like...
    And I also add an image where the different poses are shown, (the mirrored ones are not shown)

Ouch! Once again I made a too long post. When the product will be released I'll create a new post for users of the product additional questions, tips, or feedback. But please feel free to ask me whatever you want concerning it!

04GoSitOnPosesLegend.jpg
    1001 x 669 - 467K
    03SynthesisPoses.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 452K
    02ExamplesOfPreloadsAndOptions.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 465K
    01SouthAreaOptions_FromNorth.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 351K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2013

This does look interesting, even though you are not intending to offer a nice Welsh flag option with our lovely red dragon on it. :)

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    This does look interesting, even though you are not intending to offer a nice Welsh flag option with our lovely red dragon on it. :)

That doesn't mean she can't be convinced to do some addon flag MATs, including the Welsh Red Dragon. ~wink~
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    chohole said:

That doesn't mean she can't be convinced to do some addon flag MATs, including the Welsh Red Dragon. ~wink~

was joking really. The Union flag flies for the UK as a whole, just we do love our Dragon.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Miss B said:
    chohole said:

was joking really. The Union flag flies for the UK as a whole, just we do love our Dragon.
    ~ROFL~ I thought you might be, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

If the flag is textured with a separate bump map, we can do our own images.

(Now I'm considering a 14-flag add-on pack for Canada, if putting the image on the flag looks at all good...)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

How did I miss this thread for a whole month? Very interesting. I do have a few similar scene sets, but not this size, and nothing quite this complete. And with proper D|S materials and lights, this is a definite for my when-I-can-afford-it list.

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    chohole said:
    Miss B said:
    chohole said:
    ~ROFL~ I thought you might be, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Well... I just discovered there was a Dragon Flag in this world!!! Incredible!!!...
    And as a Dragon addict, I couldn't help playing a bit with it... (I hope I have chosen the right pattern!) Special render for Chohole and all the Welsh people (This one is a LuxRender via reality 2 one, since I had not posted any LuxRender yet). Even if it's basically a joke, now I've this jpg Welsh flag you can ask me if you need it as soon as the product is out ;)

If the flag is textured with a separate bump map, we can do our own images.

(Now I'm considering a 14-flag add-on pack for Canada, if putting the image on the flag looks at all good...)

Indeed the flags patterns are mapped separately, the pattern for the flag is a rectangle in a "square" file. The material is called "Flag" ;)
    I'm posting here a fast render of Canada Flags. The result for Canada (about seeing well the leave) depends on the flag you chose and how you rotate it in front of the camera.

How did I miss this thread for a whole month? Very interesting. I do have a few similar scene sets, but not this size, and nothing quite this complete. And with proper D|S materials and lights, this is a definite for my when-I-can-afford-it list.
    Thanks for your interest! The advantage of working in a large room is also that camera positioning is easier, and that you can chose to tell really different stories depending on the area you would like to focus on.
    To sum up briefly, North area has (amongst other things), the printer, copier, cabinets and coffee pots, East area has a TV and a white board -written, or wipped, or clean- a table and chair (table actually included in south area), South area has the morphable lectern, a large TV, 2 flags and a video screen (also mapped so that you can apply your own image - Well Ok - I must confess here that if I remember well you have to flip the Video Sceen jpg image up-down, nothing can be perfect, but it is easy to do!), and West Area has a cabinet with books and box, a flag, and the door of the room. This is when you want to focus on some of the area to tell your stories. Then you can also add more lights on the area you work on. Otherwise you can use the full room with the different centers and wide angles cameras to tell other stories. And as a user of DAZ and poser who has suffered in many prop rooms, I have included all the sub areas separately, so that you can remove the ones which disturb you when creating your scene, and add them back eventually at the end (you can remove and reload : ceiling, floor, North, south, East, West area all separated).
    I really hope people will find it easy to work with...

WelshAndCanadianFlag.jpg
    900 x 693 - 160K
    WelshDragFlagsS.jpg
    1262 x 843 - 182K
    edited July 2013

OH wow, Thanks for that. Super welsh flags. He is called Y Ddraig Goch.

A bit of the history of the flag

In 1953 it was announced that there would be a new royal badge containing the motto "Y Ddraig Goch Ddyry Cychwyn" (an approximate translation is "the red dragon inspires action").

In 1959, after successful lobbying by the Gorsedd of Bards and others, Queen Elizabeth II made the red dragon on a green and white background the official flag for Wales.

It was announced that the flag to be flown on government buildings would consist only of the red dragon on a green and white flag, rather than the 1953 badge, which was still in occasional use.

The 1959 design can today be seen right across Wales, and is a symbol of pride in history and heritage for Welsh people across the world.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • SGCBearcubSGCBearcub Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

I'll definitely be buying this when it comes out.

edited July 2013

@Chohole : thanks for the history! When I made the texture, I was sure it was a flag remaining from a much much older period of history, I'm surprised to see it so recent.
    @SpottedKitty and SCGBearCup : Thank you!!! I made my best to get the best "light/shaders" renders on DAZ3, DAZ 4.5, and poser 8 up to pro 14. The only thing is that I have not been able to test "lights+materials" in and below poser 7, since I don't have the software, but I guess there should be no major problem.

I realise I did not mention here that there should be a Poser version, a legacy version, and an DSON core version for the Room, and a DSON core for poses, and "poser(-legacy)" version for the Poses (DAZ 3 users will use the poser .pz2 poses).

And since I don't like posting without any image, here is one of the images of the room, classroom version. I just moved the cabinet, the bin, the paper balls (usually in the bin) and the whiteboard of the second preload room (the one which has classroom type alignment). I just loved using the expression of these "Teen at School". This gives an idea of another frame in the room. Title is "Learn Is Fun"!

LearnIsFun.jpg
    750 x 975 - 155K
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I really like this. The props look fantastically detailed, and the room itself lends well to all kinds of situations. Like the others, I'm not sure how this thread slipped under the radar, but it's great to have these images to whet our appetites. I'm looking forward to this one.

edited December 1969

Hi HeralOfFire! I'm also really happy to see that finally this thread "is slipping above people's radar", and that there are finally interested people. I was really worried when nobody saw it!

Now I take the opportunity of this answer to tell you all about another subject :
    For the ones who like my work and who would like to give ideas, requests, or feedback on the new prop I'm developing right now, I've opened this new WIP threat : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25043/
    This is an "Ideal Suspect" Prop - well a line up. I prefer asking people earlier what would be important for them to include before going too far!

edited December 1969

I really like this. The props look fantastically detailed, and the room itself lends well to all kinds of situations. Like the others, I'm not sure how this thread slipped under the radar, but it's great to have these images to whet our appetites. I'm looking forward to this one.

To whet our appetites a bit more : Two Poser Renders, one with cold lights preset, the other one with warm lights. I think I remember that all of the poses used there are in the poses product.

PoserWarm.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 546K
    PoserCold.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 556K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Looking better and better. I wonder, seeing that second pic... would it be possible to apply the "wanted poster" projection — or anything else — to a light gel coming out of the ceiling-mounted projector? That way we could get "someone standing in front of the screen" effects without too much effort. Doable, or not?

edited December 1969

Looking better and better. I wonder, seeing that second pic... would it be possible to apply the "wanted poster" projection — or anything else — to a light gel coming out of the ceiling-mounted projector? That way we could get "someone standing in front of the screen" effects without too much effort. Doable, or not?

It took me time to answer sorry!
    I tested on poser : You can project an image on the screen by affecting a map to a spot, but it is then a round base image. You cannot shape it square. I find it not easy to work with, but maybe people used to it could find it easier. During early stages of development it came to my mind to use a kind of volumetric light, on the beamer level. But I almost immediately gave it up because I was almost sure I could not find a solution compatible on many poser and all the DAZ (which is required on a content), and another major drawback of this solution is that the result will depend on the global light of the scene. These are personal choice, I let here a very fast render of what I obtained with a projected image via a spot image.
    Anyway, I think the briefing room should soon be available, and I post two other DAZ renders here...

NewMeeting.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 568K
    NewSouthEast.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 542K
    Pim2.jpg
    528 x 392 - 41K
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited July 2013

Have been lurking and this is exactly what I needed right now :cheese; the bundle went straight into the cart :-)

Looked all over the past 2 days and couldn't find anything even remotely similar %-P

Kudos, Kadix (V3Digitimes) :)

[strike]Imma have to get the Ultimate Military Basic Bundle if this project pushes through because the client services Military and L/E [/strike] Since the M4 Ultimate Military Basic was on Sale with the Briefing Room I got it too %-P

Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited December 1969

Have been lurking and this is exactly what I needed right now :cheese; the bundle went straight into the cart :-)

Looked all over the past 2 days and couldn't find anything even remotely similar %-P

Kudos, Kadix (V3Digitimes) :)

[strike]Imma have to get the Ultimate Military Basic Bundle if this project pushes through because the client services Military and L/E [/strike] Since the M4 Ultimate Military Basic was on Sale with the Briefing Room I got it too %-P

Thanks a lot ! :)
    This police/Military theme is "pushing through" indeed, since the next content I'm finishing is a scene set based on a line up of suspects (with simple surrounding rooms) for identification scenes ( also including props for police criminal portraits).
    I hope you'll like to create with the briefing room (and with Basic Military too) ! If you have any question, tips, requests about any of these products, feel free to ask me here, I'll be happy to answer!

edited December 1969

Kadix said:
    This police/Military theme is "pushing through" indeed, since the next content I'm finishing is a scene set based on a line up of suspects (with simple surrounding rooms) for identification scenes ( also including props for police criminal portraits).
    I hope you'll like to create with the briefing room (and with Basic Military too) ! If you have any question, tips, requests about any of these products, feel free to ask me here, I'll be happy to answer!

Will do and am looking forward to the Usual Suspects set (have been lurking there too :cheese: )

And I'm definitely sure I will because not only have I had my eye on briefing room, I was going to ask when it would be released and make do with another interior, which was good enough but definitely had a civilian vibe.

Downloading them now; I didn't know the Military Basic file would be so large :-P:lol: It's more apropos for what I'm working on than a full BDU which was what I had %-P

edited December 1969

Kadix said:

Will do and am looking forward to the Usual Suspects set (have been lurking there too :cheese: )

And I'm definitely sure I will because not only have I had my eye on briefing room, I was going to ask when it would be released and make do with another interior, which was good enough but definitely had a civilian vibe.

Downloading them now; I didn't know the Military Basic file would be so large :-P:lol: It's more apropos for what I'm working on than a full BDU which was what I had %-P

I agree Military basic File is very large. It is because of the MANY MANY textures sets (if I remember well 11 families sets, with sub options in the families), all high rez (4096x4096) full quality (not degraded jpg quality)... You can make real close ups!
    I you are interested in my Line Up Scene set, maybe you should have a look at this post ;)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25043/
    my last renders are on page two..

edited December 1969

Kadix said:

I agree Military basic File is very large. It is because of the MANY MANY textures sets (if I remember well 11 families sets, with sub options in the families), all high rez (4096x4096) full quality (not degraded jpg quality)... You can make real close ups!
    I you are interested in my Line Up Scene set, maybe you should have a look at this post ;)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/25043/
    my last renders are on page two..

Commented on the Line Up Scene set; I subscribed to it when it went up :lol:

Not complaining about the file size; I was just surprised by it :-P Thanks for the info on closeups; am looking forward to doing just that :cheese: ;-)

edited December 1969

Commented on the Line Up Scene set; I subscribed to it when it went up :lol:

Not complaining about the file size; I was just surprised by it :-P Thanks for the info on closeups; am looking forward to doing just that :cheese: ;-)

I hope you'll be happy! Here are a few tips for close up on military basic / and best ways to use it:
    - Whatever the software (DAZ/Poser), you can play with the bump value to obtain the exact surface effect you want (you probably already know this!). For the boots, the two bump values are preset under DAZ.
    - If you're using genesis version, I have no particular comment.
    - If you're using M4 version : All the outfit loads with poser materials by default. So If you're a DAZ user, you have to load DAZ materials. Otherwise what is happening is that the normal map does not appear in DAZ, and this is so sad (regarding the time I spent on them! ;) )
    If you are a poser user, you have additional normal maps in the folders, but they cannot be loaded as pz2. But you can find them in the runtime/textures/V3D/.... where the files were installed, and replace the normal map in the material room. If asked for normal maps (depending on poser version), you have to chose custom gamma value at 1.
    Depending on your lights on poser, (and computer - don't know why - , and poser version, and camera angle, distance), you can have (I find) too dark shadows due to normal maps. Then activate "indirect lighting" in renders, (even a 1 value is ok), and everything becomes fine again.
    I hope this will help!