Exporting obj files from DS4.6 with correct group names

SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Basically, how do I get DS4.6 to export an obj file with the correct group names, like "hip" and "chest"?

I've tried all of the options under "Write Groups" but none of them give the correct names. "Use existing groups" seems to get the groups right, but gets the names wrong. "Use Node Name(s)" and "Use Figure Name(s)" dumps everything into a single group with the wrong name. And of course "Use Material Name(s)" isn't it either.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,850
    edited December 1969

Use existing should do it - remember that the group name may not be the same as the bone label, though it should still be recognisable.

• SemicharmSemicharm Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

Nope, all I get is names like "Group_01", "Group_02", "Group_03", etc. None too helpful. I had to re-import it to figure them out and then edit the obj by hand to fix names. It would have made more sense to just use the bone label in the first place.

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    edited December 1969

Is this likely to be of any interest? It has just been released.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Write groups -> Use Existing Groups does work for me.
    What figure are you trying to export, and what software are you loading it into ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,850
    edited December 1969

ZBrush, at least 4R5, has been losing group names at some point, not sure if that's import or export though and I haven't installed the new version yet to see if that's better.