Genesis.dsf missing from library after DIM install of Genesis Starter Essentials

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

DAZ 4.6 is telling me I am missing genesis.dsf and FMbasicFemale.dsf after uninstalling 4.0 and installing 4.6.
I installed the Genesis 2 Starter Essential and Genesis 2 Female Essentaisl with DIM.

DAZ is looking for:
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/FBMBasicFemale.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf

DIM is telling me the files were installed to /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis2/...
However, under /data/DAZ 3D/ there is no Genesis2 folder. There is a people folder, under which what I think the Gensis figure is.
The files are .duf files and not .dsf. Are they what I am looking for? If so, how do I get DAZ to recognize them and the new directory?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You need to install the Genesis Starter Essentials (the original Genesis) as well -- G2F Starter Essentials does not supplant them, it is an addition. You may also need to go to Edit > Preferences > Startup and change the startup scene to Genesis.duf if it still says Genesis.dsf

• derchiegiancarloderchiegiancarlo Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I download usign the Digital Manager Download and Install all the FILE
    but still missing the GENESIS FILE

I TRY TO UN STALL everything and redo same problem

On the Digital Manager PAGE doesn't show I missing the File and same the PATH is right on the PREFERENCE PLEASE HELP

edited December 1969

I download usign the Digital Manager Download and Install all the FILE
    but still missing the GENESIS FILE

I TRY TO UN STALL everything and redo same problem

On the Digital Manager PAGE doesn't show I missing the File and same the PATH is right on the PREFERENCE PLEASE HELP

Is it the startup scene that isn't working? Go to Edit > Preferences > Startup and change the startup scene to Genesis.duf

• derchiegiancarloderchiegiancarlo Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

AFTER I CHANGE on the Edit still show the same problem

Screen_shot_2013-06-28_at_3.34_.32_PM_.png
    1280 x 800 - 185K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

You probably didn't set up DIM properly, it doesn't magically know where your Studio library is.

edited December 1969

AFTER I CHANGE on the Edit still show the same problem

It's still trying to load the .dsf -- there should be a Genesis.duf in that some location.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

If you still have problems, hope to try again these steps,,

1 clean un-install about daz default contents for ds 4.0 too. not only aprication.

though you uninstall ds4.0 aprication, they are not auto uninstalled.(about windows,, I remember)
    you should not merge old default contents for 4.0 with new genesis starter essential.(default contents for 4.6)

2 Usually Both of "start up scene" , and "new" load scene, are appointed to old genesis.dsf user scene files.
    about your case,, but genesis.duf file is actuall user scene files which DIM installed. and we should use it .

if you can find genesis.duf not genesis.dsf in your contents library and Smart contents,
    go to preference >> select "Scene" and "Start up" As Mike said,,,

then appoint new genesis.duf (not in data) about both (or you can select "none", I prefered this because,
    now we have gen2F too.

3 check again the "ds contents directory" for DIM, DIM install all contents there (the directory means root for your all contents
    which installed by DIM) you can check it from DIM configureation setting . under install tab section.

if you did not change the default setting, it must be C:/Users/Public/Documents/MY DAZ 3D Library.
    the folda should be new and empty, untill you use DIM and install contents.

4 After that you need to add the DIM isntalled directory as one of ds contents directory for daz studio CMS
    by DS directory manager, So that CMS can serch and show the files in the DIM installed directory.
    but if you have old default ds contents in your directory, then add new DIM directory,
    in database,, they merge and cause problemes I think.

so that need clean uninstall , about contents too.

if you have still problems,
    please memo both directories as full path, then show here please. it make easy to remove problem.

a) ds contents directory which you can see in ds directory manager,
    (which you have used before , or added in daz studio 4.6 by your self)

b) root directory DIM isntall contents which you can check by DIM install setting ,

• edited December 1969

I thought you might like to find the .dsf file - I had the same problem, searched for the way it was placed in the Vista Ultimate System that I use, and, resolved most of my issues. So - here is where I found the .dsf file - as well as other file folders that you will no doubt find useful to getting Genesis up and running proper in Daz Studio Pro 4.6 : C: / Users / Public / Public Documents / My Daz 3D Library / data / DAZ 3D / Genesis / Base / Genesis.dsf - there should also be 4 other files there for which you will probably want to put in with it - Morphs, Projection Templates, Tools and UV Sets. By the way, I did NOT set up my original Daz Studio Pro 4.0 (for which I actually payed money) in this directory. If your start-up directory in your new Daz Studio Pro 4.6 has changed, which I'm certain it has - you will no doubt either have to migrate previous files or change your preferences to where you can find them all. Don't spread 'em out far and wide or you will surely discover that searching and finding them yourself might just become a screaming nightmare. Yes, this worked for me.