And the next installers doesn`t work... I am ANGRY

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited May 2012 in The Commons

Okay, next three items I have bought that will not install. three platinum items for around 6$ not much money but I am going to become a non costumer because if I can`t be sure that items will work correctly I will not buy them...

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM...EVER HEARD ABOUT THAT?

Post edited by cosmo71 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,201
    edited December 1969

Are they new items or old? A lot of the older installers, with the DAZ logo as an icon, do seem to be failing when downloaded from the new system - this is a known issue (I don't think it's yet claimed to be a fixed issue).

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

Are they new items or old? A lot of the older installers, with the DAZ logo as an icon, do seem to be failing when downloaded from the new system - this is a known issue (I don't think it's yet claimed to be a fixed issue).

well, so far I think it is two installers with different icons, can be that these two are both older ones, isn`t it possible to fix the installers? mean set the product to a new installer?

or you should make clear on the product page that there is a problem that is not fixed

edited December 1969

or you should make it possible to download the product without installer just as a zip folder like at Renderosity or RDNA or Content Paradise or Renderotica.

edited December 1969

Zips are coming. The installer issue is known and presumably being looked at, but there are still a lot of issues requiring attention.

edited December 1969

Zips are coming. The installer issue is known and presumably being looked at, but there are still a lot of issues requiring attention.

ah okay and what do I should do now? wait or ask for money back and how does this work if?

edited December 1969

Well, I hope that the installer issues will be fixed without having to wait for zips - but obviously until the problem is solved there's no knowing how hard it will be to solve. Whether you wait or ask for a refund is not something I can sensibly advise you on.

• TastigerTastiger Posts: 76
    edited May 2012

I have the same problem with older installers despite resetting downloads twice they fail to open.
    the products in question are:-

RoboSpider (PC) - exe
    I.F.D. Orion (PC) - exe
    Olympus Mons Hangar (PC) - exe

....... and the big issue for me is I have had a project on hold since May 17 because of not being able to open these files

Post edited by Tastiger on
    edited December 1969

Resetting won't help - this is the same for everyone, and is a site issue. I don't have any information on when it will be fixed.

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

I've also had this issue. Hopefully they reset our available downloads, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who ate up available downloads thinking it may have been a bad download or something on their end..

edited December 1969

KerWar said:
    I've also had this issue. Hopefully they reset our available downloads, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who ate up available downloads thinking it may have been a bad download or something on their end..

me, too, downloaded all 4 tries :(

but hopefully we can download it new without paing, because we have downloaded it. I have no clue how this work with the refund and it was not the amount of money so... 10$ or so

edited December 1969

Resetting won't help - this is the same for everyone, and is a site issue. I don't have any information on when it will be fixed.

resetting when it is fixed :)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Ok. Tested two things (and ended up with three issues);

-First the issue of taxes through internet - confirmed it's not added during purchase; thread here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/247/

-Secondly; the issue of how old installers won't open at all, and this is confirmed with the Toonimal Chameleon.

-Thirdly, and I think this was an internet hiccup to the order mention in point 2 above, I ordered twice by accident (going back and retried, because it would never finish completing the transaction. Anyway, I sent an email with a receipt to cs @ daz3d.com, as the sales-account got bounced back at me).

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

other question is...how shall I know if it is an old installer or a new one?

I think until this problem isn`t fixed I will buy nothing more.

AS I HAVE WRITTEN BEFORE

NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

How about a system with two broken legs being dragged along by a team of programmers?

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The new ones has the number-system, while the old ones has the ps_ac####, or ps_tx###.

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

How about a system with two broken legs being dragged along by a team of programmers?

it seems that you are very confident ;-)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    cosmo71 said:

No, just accepting the judgment that, while the new site will take the full efforts of the web team for a while to get working as desired, the old site was taking that same full-time effort just to keep from collapsing. I hope that they are correct and that, once the initial problems have been resolved, they will have time for making actual improvements.

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    cosmo71 said:

No, just accepting the judgment that, while the new site will take the full efforts of the web team for a while to get working as desired, the old site was taking that same full-time effort just to keep from collapsing. I hope that they are correct and that, once the initial problems have been resolved, they will have time for making actual improvements.

have a look at the other thread to this issue, someone have found the problem I think, there are some more bits in the "new" files than in the "old" the guy has posted what he has done

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I don't know if it will help in this instance as I haven't tried installing the 2 or 3 things I've purchased since the new store opened, but on other sites where I've had problems when left-clicking on download links, I instead right-click and choose "Save As" to download, and then everything is fine.

Again, I'm not sure if it will worth with the new store downloads because of the known installer issues, but I think it might be worth a try.

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    I don't know if it will help in this instance as I haven't tried installing the 2 or 3 things I've purchased since the new store opened, but on other sites where I've had problems when left-clicking on download links, I instead right-click and choose "Save As" to download, and then everything is fine.

Again, I'm not sure if it will worth with the new store downloads because of the known installer issues, but I think it might be worth a try.

well because I didn`t know that it was a "new site" thing I habe downloaded all the stuff all 4 times :( but at the other thread to this issue there is an explanation posted by a member how to handle the problem by using a hex editor and it worked quite easy and well.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited May 2012

I have created a small utility to strip the bad appended data from the installers. If anyone wants it let me know.

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited December 1969

I have been afraid for a while to purchase anything but today I made a mistake and purchased this:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/toony-cat
    The installer will not run! :(
    This is the second time this has happen..what is that saying..bit once shame on you..bit twice shame on me??
    Hopefully someone will send me the zip of this item as they did last time..this is getting old..how do we know which items we should or should not purchase. How are we to know if we will receive the item we purchase? Russian Roulette anyone??

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

This is a known issue and has been reported to DAZ.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

My utility is available at:

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/krsears/utilities/fix_daz.zip.html

It is zipped to survive bad downloaders. This is on a low bandwidth server so don’t get impatient. It is only about 250K.

If the number of people downloading it gets to be too large I’ll move it to my high bandwidth servers.

EDIT: I coded it to only do a single file at a time. Hopefully DAZ will have a fix before this becomes a problem.

Kendall

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited May 2012

Kendall..it is very nice of you to provide this! Many Many thanks!
    How do you use it?

Post edited by digitell on