edited July 2013 in The Commons

Oh noes! THE END!

Eurohipusses was here

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    "After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang out.
    After midnight, We're gonna chug-a-lug and shout.
    "

Chug-a-lug and shout sounds like a good idea.

During yesterdays and today's testing, we discovered that the code we've been shipping for 2-1/2 years is operating exactly opposite of how its advertised to behave.. and no customer has ever complained.. and the testing machine never caught it.

And we sell several hundred of these things a month.

WTF

I'm going to get a six-pack on the way home, go home drown my sorrows in beer and a BURGER MADE WITH CHEESE.

Sometime in early 2011, the original programmer changed the code to be backwards and some unknown person changed the testing machine to not complain. Neither person seems to be employed here any more, so we'll never know what happened.

My boss is puzzled, the production manager is freaking out, and they're trying to figure out how to tell the execs about this.

Who says programming isn't exciting? (seriously blank face) I have a headache now.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Too similar to Skiriki's comment. (end of thread spam)

oh you changed it before I posted.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Good luck to the new thread master! Me, I'm going to supper...I mean dinner.
    See you on the other side.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Sometime in early 2011, the original programmer changed the code to be backwards and some unknown person changed the testing machine to not complain. Neither person seems to be employed here any more, so we'll never know what happened.

My boss is puzzled, the production manager is freaking out, and they're trying to figure out how to tell the execs about this.

Who says programming isn't exciting? (seriously blank face) I have a headache now.

o_O

O_o

O_O

But... the client(s) is/are not complaining? Then it seems that this function is not as crucial as it was thought to be?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

The Whoever Heard of a Gruntled Employee Complaint Thread.

Dana

edited December 1969

Wait! Skiriki again?
    Hey, somebody's cheating! (J/K) :D

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    It's Wednesday, and it's a lovely day for COMPLAINTS!!!

- Haven't slept worth a darn in 4 days, waking up in the middle of the night

Went to bed at 4:00am.
    Woke up at 6:30am.
    Woke up at 7:30am.
    Woke up at 8:45am.
    Woke up to the alarm at 10:05am.
    Set it to 11:10am.
    Woke up at 11:10am and just lay there.
    Got up at 11:45am.

Nothing new.

Dana
    ...pretty much the same drill here thiod morning:

Woke up around 6:00
    Went back to sleep
    Woke up at 8:30
    Went back to sleep
    Woke up at 9:45
    All achy laid back down, dozed off again
    Woke up Quarter past noon:

Must have turned of hte internal alrm instead of just hitting the snooze button.

Then again I was up past 02:00 trying to troubleshoot another transmap rendering issue.

...The My Internal Snooze Alarm Broke Complaint Thread.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Oh noes! THE END!

Nope. A New Beginning. : )
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Wait! Skiriki again?
    Hey, somebody's cheating! (J/K) :D

:P :P :P :D

Pure luck!

edited December 1969

...wow that was quick.

Probably the fastest this thread rolled over in a long time as this incarnation began only fifteen days ago.

...The Don't Blink Or You'll Miss The Next Complaint Thread Complaint Thread

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    It's Wednesday, and it's a lovely day for COMPLAINTS!!!

- Haven't slept worth a darn in 4 days, waking up in the middle of the night

Went to bed at 4:00am.
    Woke up at 6:30am.
    Woke up at 7:30am.
    Woke up at 8:45am.
    Woke up to the alarm at 10:05am.
    Set it to 11:10am.
    Woke up at 11:10am and just lay there.
    Got up at 11:45am.

Nothing new.

Dana

...pretty much the same drill here thiod morning:

Woke up around 6:00
    Went back to sleep
    Woke up at 8:30
    Went back to sleep
    Woke up at 9:45
    All achy laid back down, dozed off again
    Woke up Quarter past noon:

Must have turned of hte internal alrm instead of just hitting the snooze button.

Then again I was up past 02:00 trying to troubleshoot another transmap rendering issue.

...The My Internal Snooze Alarm Broke Complaint Thread.

I must add that in addition to waking often, it takes a while to get to sleep...and to get back to sleep.

The Transmap Ate My Render Complaint Thread.

Dana

edited December 1969

How about "Don't Blink Or You'll Be Attacked by Weeping Angels AND You'll Miss The Next Complaint Thread"?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

did this just break into its own thread?

edited December 1969

Well, I don't usually win things anyway.

Dana

edited June 2013

Yesh, it did.

And I fine-tuned the thread name.

Post edited by Skiriki on
    edited December 1969

...bugger thread already in the process of Mitosis ...

Skiriki said:
    Today I learned:

Snakes can fart.

LOUDLY.

...The Stinky Snakey Flatulence Complaint Thread
  • Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited June 2013

Technically its where, not what doea a Kilogramof chocalate weigh. Ans only in Earths graviitational field. So eat more in space!

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

o_O

O_o

O_O

But... the client(s) is/are not complaining? Then it seems that this function is not as crucial as it was thought to be?

Apparently only 1 customer has ever used this functionality and prompted returned all 20 units he bought, and this issue was never chased down or thought about afterwards. All this happened before I showed up, and nobody remembers how this came about, so.. excitement and discovery!

I've been told to make it work the way the documentation says it works, so that gives me something to do tomorrow. The sales guys are terrified that, since this feature is becoming popular with competitors someone is going to order 100 units and end up angry..!

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Yesh, it did.

Chocolate! \(^_^)/... *noms title*

edited December 1969

101f outside and almost time to go home. It's going to be a long, hot ride.

I'll be stopping for beer and a burger to go on the way, then I'm going to hide from the Big Bright Thing(tm) until tomorrow. Sit, eat, drink, chat online and listen to dance/trance music! A nice, relaxing end to a very stressful day.

Three day week next week! OMG I'm soooooooooooo looking forward to that!

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited June 2013

I'll be stopping for beer and a burger to go on the way, then I'm going to hide from the Big Bright Thing(tm) until tomorrow. Sit, eat, drink, chat online and listen to dance/trance music! A nice, relaxing end to a very stressful day.

Sounds ideal for Bikinis... don't forget your sunscreen/sunblock though (-_^)
    Post edited by M F M on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The I didn't have to Split the Complaint Thread again Complaint Thread

Went on a beer run at JUST the right time it seems. Try to keep that in mind next time.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The I didn't have to Split the Complaint Thread again Complaint Thread

Went on a beer run at JUST the right time it seems. Try to keep that in mind next time.

But at least you got beer.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

I was out on a beer run as well

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Yesh, it did.

Everything is better with chocolate in it. : )

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

(looks out window at third day of intermittent thundershowers)

At least you have a Big Bright Thing(tm) to hide from...

And I've got all of next week off!

edited June 2013

Skiriki said:

o_O

O_o

O_O

Apparently only 1 customer has ever used this functionality and prompted returned all 20 units he bought, and this issue was never chased down or thought about afterwards. All this happened before I showed up, and nobody remembers how this came about, so.. excitement and discovery!

I've been told to make it work the way the documentation says it works, so that gives me something to do tomorrow. The sales guys are terrified that, since this feature is becoming popular with competitors someone is going to order 100 units and end up angry..!

Dilbert cartoons about defective product. Some are quite reminiscent of your own experiences, Wooly. :D

http://search.dilbert.com/search?p=Q&srid=S3-USWSD02&lbc=dilbert&ts=custom&w=Defective+Product

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

...72° but raining here. Hard to figure out what to wear because it's somewhat balmy and humid, but also wet coming from the sky.

At the hotspot, watching some cool historical vids of the Farrnborough Airshow in the UK from the 50s to early 60s. The Brits were so far ahead of the times back then. In my book one of their airliners, the Vickers VC-10, and bombers, The AvRo Vulcan are still two of the most beautiful and elegant aeroplanes ever to take to the skies.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Everything is better with chocolate in it. : )

Exactly.

Yay.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    ObTitle Comment/answer/follow-up question: On the lips, or on the hips?

-- Morgan

This discussion has been closed.