Genesis2 UVmap ?????

Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,291
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I tried to see if there was a texture map for Genesis2 and I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere in any of the models products.

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited June 2013

CalieVee said:
    I tried to see if there was a texture map for Genesis2 and I don't seem to be able to find it anywhere in any of the models products.

By default, she uses V5 Brea textures using the V5 texture map. She only has UV's for one figure, with the ability to expand that to V4 textures if you purchase the Victoria 4 morph set separately. That's probably where the confusion comes from, since if you already had V5 installed, you might not have noticed.
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Doesn't it also have to be in duf format as well?

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Yes, all presets for the new figure have to be in duf format, this is so we have to do a lot of extra work to use our old stuff, instead of making it compatible for the people that actually aim to use it.

edited December 1969

Pain in the hindquarters.

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Step one: Load up Genesis.

Step two: Apply V4 texture.

Step three: Save surface settings on Genesis as .DUF

edited December 1969

Do I have to update to DS4.6 for this? The system it's on hasn't liked DS since version 4.0.x.I forget (sorry, I can't keep track of the number but I do keep track of the installers).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The textures require DS4.6 because they make use of the Surface Sets feature introduced in DS4.6. Older presets have to be saved as .duf because .duf mats are automatically converted to use Surface Sets when needed, older formats are not.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

Genesis 2 Female does have her own UV maps, I just don't know if there are any textures that use it yet. Here are the seam guides for her.

http://www.snowsultan.com/seams/g2femseams.zip

• BBlogoBBlogo Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:
    Step one: Load up Genesis.

Step two: Apply V4 texture.

Step three: Save surface settings on Genesis as .DUF

For an all body MAT apply this can be quick but for just eyes, make-up or lips this is a nightmare as we have to uncheck manually every material parts we don't want to export.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

CalieVee said:

By default, she uses V5 Brea textures using the V5 texture map. She only has UV's for one figure, with the ability to expand that to V4 textures if you purchase the Victoria 4 morph set separately. That's probably where the confusion comes from, since if you already had V5 installed, you might not have noticed.

The default G2F skin is based on the V5 Bree skin, but when you load it up it says it is using "Base Female" UVs, not the V5 UVs.