AprilYSH's anniversary sale questions

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

when does the 70% discount show up in the shopping cart when you purchase one of the new Gen2 hairs? How far do you have to go through checkout for it to show?

I own 3 of the original hairs, but so far, the discount is not showing. Just wondering if I actually have to go all the way through to putting in the CC info - which I don't want to do until I know how much the order will be.

Comments

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I think things are in flux right now; the 20% discount that was there on the new hairs (which I was going to pick up two of) is gone. I'm going to leave my shopping cart alone and go to sleep, and see if it's better in the morning...

-- Morgan

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure what's happening, the sale details are not what I requested exactly*... but I trust marketing & Kevin & Carl are working on it :')

*I'm going to bed, pretend I didn't see anything and check in the morning lol argh! 10 years with DAZ, I just gotta laugh, it's still mostly fun and why I'm still here :')

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

i'm always curious WHY the emails go out and the sale ads go on the store, and you have to wait a few hours for the advertised sales to kick in. Happens every single time.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited June 2013

I bought three of the new items and got the exact discount (70% off.) The items were $5.98
    I didn't have one of the hairs, so I bought it full price but used a discount code that I got to lower the price. (For folks who bought V6) Then I went back and bought the sale hair, and it worked- gave me 70% off.

So is the sale going to change? Glad I got it while it's 70% off then! (And if a better sale comes up, I'll file a ticket and get the difference.) The sale was working not too long ago.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    I bought three of the new items and got the exact discount (70% off.) The items were $5.98
    I didn't have one of the hairs, so I bought it full price but used a discount code that I got to lower the price. Then I went back and bought the sale hair, and it worked- gave me 70% off.

So is the sale going to change? Glad I got it while it's 70% off then! (And if a better sale comes up, I'll file a ticket and get the difference.) The sale was working not too long ago.

did the discount show up once you got to the very end? as in, after you go through the checkout process, after putting in your CC details and then you get to the end when it says "purchase" (or submit order...can't remember)

edited December 1969

oh dear, I originally bought Aofie and Deeta in the Aofie & Deeta Hair bundle.....when I search for "aofie" in my product library, nothing shows up. When I search for "deeta" , the "Aofie and Deeta Hair bundle" shows up.

The store pages show that I HAVE purchased Aofie and Deeta.

In my shopping cart, I'm ONLY getting the discount on the Xylia Braids 2. It's not giving me a discount on the Aofie and Deeta ones.

So the discount is now working, but ONLY the Xylia is showing...the other two I had originally purchased are not.

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Novica said:
    I didn't have one of the hairs, so I bought it full price but used a discount code that I got to lower the price. Then I went back and bought the sale hair, and it worked- gave me 70% off.

did the discount show up once you got to the very end? as in, after you go through the checkout process, after putting in your CC details and then you get to the end when it says "purchase" (or submit order...can't remember)

No- if you go up to the cart and click to see the contents, scroll down to the price and the discount should be showing right then.
    It sounds to me like this deal might change in the morning-how whacky to have the promos all done and it not possibly be right. I feel sorry for the vendor! Anyway, if you don't have a hair, you can buy it full price, then get the new one at 70% off- you'd have to figure out how much you'd save doing that/ if it'd be worth it. But you have to buy the older version first, in a separate checkout. They can't be done at the same time.

Hope it works for you- I bought mine about twenty five minutes ago.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

I grabbed all six hairs when they had the 20% off.... added the 50% off coupon and it took alot off (I had a couple of the hairs for V4) so for once I did a quick check-out so I am a happy camper. Gee I held out on getting V6 for a couple of days... but since I caved... its been BUY BUY BUY!!

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    I didn't have one of the hairs, so I bought it full price but used a discount code that I got to lower the price. (For folks who bought V6) Then I went back and bought the sale hair, and it worked- gave me 70% off.

hmm...70% off 19.95 is showing as $7.48 in the shopping cart for me. Which isn't right.

edited December 1969

IMO-if that price changes in the morning, and you have NOT filed a support ticket while this sale is 70%, they may decide to just go by the price at the time you file the ticket. In other words, if you have the cash to buy the second hairs now, and file a ticket now (and do a screenshot that it is 70% in case it changes based on what April said) then they have to honor that price (if you can prove you have the first products.) That's just what I would do, it's your call of course. I protect my interests, lol

I've found DAZ very accomodating, but I've always had documentation and always bought at the time of the sale- whether it was right or not. I got the V6 at 58% because that deal seemed strange, and sure enough, it was supposed to be 51%. Don't know what's going on here, they may leave it the way it is since the artwork/promo has been done.

edited December 1969

well, i'm only getting the advertised discount on one of the hairs, instead of 3 of them, which is should be. And even then, the discount I'm getting is incorrect. The email newsletter clearly states "And get 70% off these new Genesis 2 items if you own the original version. Discount automatically applies at checkout and stacks with the 50% off coupon".

edited December 1969

What I don't get- the 50%- is that three of Stonemason's, or three of the products including the new hair, or what? So confused.

• Blade68Blade68 Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

There is something wrong with the discount.

70% off $19.95 should be $5.98 then throw in the 50% off coupon and we should be getting the hair for $2.99 a piece if we'd previously purchased it. But it's showing at $3.74.

edited December 1969

The 50% off coupon is for all of AprilYSH's store from what I see.

"Celebrate a decade of success with 50% off AprilYSH's entire store".

screenshot from the email newsletter.

aprilstore.jpg
    946 x 561 - 144K
    edited December 1969

So it's a discount code via email? I haven't gotten it ( and I don't begrudge folks who did) I was referring to the promo where you buy three of the featured and get 50% off when you buy 3.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

I haven't even gotten that email yet *sighs* I ALWAYS get the emails several hours or sometimes a day or two later *grumbles*

edited December 1969

I still dont have it- I got the fastest vehicle one a few minutes ago.
    Let me try it and see what it does.

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    I haven't even gotten that email yet *sighs* I ALWAYS get the emails several hours or sometimes a day or two later *grumbles*

Yeah, well try it and use it quick and see if there's a nice glitch. If the store isn't working right, sometimes when they "fix" it they mess it up- and it only lasts a minute to three minutes usually!

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    So it's a discount code via email? I haven't gotten it ( and I don't begrudge folks who did) I was referring to the promo where you buy three of the featured and get 50% off when you buy 3.

oh sorry Novica! I thought you meant the coupon that is for April's store.

I got the newsletter via email just a little while ago, where it is part of the advertising. And I just looked at the store promo page:
    http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions/#april
    and only the 70% off the new hairs if you own the originals is showing there. Weird.

Underneath it is the STonemason one....I think that's 50% off your order if you purchase 3 of his items in teh one sale.

edited December 1969

Carola, done! :D
    Novica, pm'ed you. :D

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited June 2013

Actually the coupon is for 50% off AprilYSH’s store.
    It is a coupon code.

No bogo garbage. No strings.

It's the best coupon ever!

Thanks AprilYSH!

Post edited by Ippotamus on
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    Actually the coupon is for 50% off AprilYSH’s store.
    It is a coupon code.

No bogo garbage. No strings.

It's the best coupon ever!

Thanks AprilYSH!

I know!!!!! Fabulous, isn't it?????????? One of the many reasons I worship and admire April. *grin* [/end shameless sucking up]

edited June 2013

jakiblue said:
    Carola, done! :D
    Novica, pm'ed you. :D

PM'd you back with some info-
    EDIT: Ippotomas, Carola, check yours too.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

That email JUST came in at 5am. Four minutes ago.

edited December 1969

i remember going through a stage of NOT getting email newsletters or getting them really really late when I was at yahoo email. But when I switched to gmail I didn't have that problem again.

And just tried adding the 3 hairs where I own the originals to the cart again - same thing. Not getting discount on two of them, and getting less than the 70% on the 3rd.

:sigh:

edited December 1969

It is not giving 70% off the new hair, but I bought it anyway and am filing a ticket. According to that email, it should be 70% and the 50% stacks with it. Didn't get that either. But it's easy to do a ticket.

Gotta head to bed it's 5:10am here!

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    It is not giving 70% off the new hair, but I bought it anyway and am filing a ticket. According to that email, it should be 70% and the 50% stacks with it. Didn't get that either. But it's easy to do a ticket.

Gotta head to bed it's 5:10am here!

i was going to do that, but I'm REALLY limited on finances right now, and it's ONLY cos it's April that I'm willing to shell out. LOL. I don't want to pay full price, which I can't afford, and then end up with a store credit refund.

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

There was a time where updates to products to support an extra figure just got the product page renewed and your download reset, instead of having to fork out more money in order to keep using it....

I think this growing trend of having to pay through the nose needs to stop. So I think I'll stick to manually refitting the hair.

:(

edited December 1969

I am also wondering about that 70%- I just filed three tickets (don't ask) but I think that 70% is not going to be off the price shown, as the front page says 20%- so the 19.95 for example is supposedly already with 20% off- so they will just take another 50% the 19.95 to make it a total of 70%.

If you're having trouble- log out, log in. If still not right- Don't buy- but file a support ticket and tell them what's happening- and that you would like to arrange for the sale price. See if they'll work with you so you don't have to fork out the wrong (more expensive) amount.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited June 2013

Right now I'm not seeing the 20% off, if I'm logged in, or I'm logged out (I saw it initially, for about 5 minutes, then they all disappeared - I thought maybe the store had just finished updating or something). All show as $19.95... I'm also not seeing the PC price for the new car, but DO see other PC prices o.0.

I have 5 of 6 of the hairs being updated though... and _some_ of them when added to the cart appear to have a 65% discount (without using any coupon codes)... and none of the codes listed in the descriptions appear to be valid. Do these codes stack, or do I have to buy them one at a time?

*meh* will leave it for 8 hrs and see if it gets less weird...

Post edited by M F M on