Problem adding a Credit Card outside the USA

Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi.

In the "Store Issues" thread, it says "...if you live OUTSIDE the United States, and are using a Credit Card…Please go into your account and update the Credit Card Profile to add the State/Provence you live in". The trouble with that is all the options are American states... I live in the UK, what do i do? Should I just leave the state selection part blank? The problem with doing that is the thread also implies that incomplete Credit Card information causes problems...

I've searched the forums and can't find an answer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I picked my non-US country, and after doing so, it gave me a green check-mark to state, even if I didn't pick one but looked at the options available. Um, does it let you proceed?

• Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

Yes I does. I haven't tried buying anything yet though as I didn't want all the hassle of a stuck order. So your card works even without a state picked?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Agreed I chose to not touch the State field, just entered IK post code and chose UK as the country. Got a green tick besides the ste field by doing this.

However it does appear some people who live in non US countires who don't use the same sort of postal code system are having some problems, or were yesterday anyway.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Well, um... maybe you could pick something ridiculously cheap and try if it works? I got nuthin'... I use PayPal. :)

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

No hassle here either. I just changed my country to South Africa and it works.

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

my bank charged for CC out side the UK. Iuse Paypal and dont pay charges

edited December 1969

The Add new credit card setup has been updated, and should now wrok for all Non US cards

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731
    edited December 1969

Yes, it seems to be working now.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

I was able to get my order and download it but it's not showing up on my credit card. Starting to get worried as I've never had a problem before and it usually shows up within minutes. Been a few days now.

edited December 1969

Flagged it up

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,731
    edited December 1969

All my payments to DAZ during the last month (including one from yesterday) are listed on my bank account, so not a general problem it seems.