NEW GENESIS 2 BASE FIGURE

bloodboybloodboy Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

JUst got the newsletter about Genesis 2 and Stuff .. Really excited about the new possibles,
nut I´m just wondering where I can download the BaseFigure of Genesis 2 ?

Thanks for your Help

Comments

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

It has been added to your product library. If you use the DIM you should see it in there.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It's already been added to your account -- you can download it with DIM or from the Product Library. It's called "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials".

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

It should already be in your Product Library (or in DIM if you use that). Click on "My Account" at the top of the screen, then "Product Library," then search for "Genesis 2" and you should find it (it's called "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials").

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I have not felt so divided about a product as I have about the Genesis 2 figures.

The greatest strength of the Genesis figure, what set it apart from all the other figures was that it was an all in one figure. I could animate a character morphing from a child to an adult, from a male to a female. It was so versatile. Now it looks like we're going to be strictly female only, male only and child only (I assume they're going to eventually come out with a child figure).

This means when I create fantasy morphs I will now have to create twice as many morphs as before since the male and female figures will require their own morphs. I have no idea why they're even calling this new figure Genesis since they've completely abandoned what it was that made Genesis so great.

But on the other hand it seems to so far be doing a pretty good job of backwards compatibility with the Genesis figure's clothing so that's nice. It means I can continue to design gender neutral clothing for Genesis 1 and have them used on Genesis 2 and only design clothing for Genesis 2 for those rare instances where for some unfathomable reason I want to prohibit 3D models from cross dressing.

I don't know why they changed the base pose of the new figure when they could have kept the Genesis 1 pose and thus kept compatibility with Genesis 1 poses and animations.

It's annoying that it loads with a rather generic material preset instead of the grey clay material preset of the genesis. The grey clay was much more useful for morph creation because it showed imperfections much better. It was an easy enough fix to get around but still an annoying oversight.

I think for the most part I'm only going to create stuff for the Genesis 1 figures. I don't want to have to create two (possibly three) of everything when Genesis 1 gives me all in one modeling.

Genesis 2 might be useful for extreme closeup work of human only figures but otherwise it appears the Genesis 1 is the superior figure.

That said there are a lot of neat things about the Genesis 2 figure. It's neat the way it adds morphs to Genesis 1 hairs to help shape them better.

• bloodboybloodboy Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot .. I have a look ..

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Wow.... looking more at the Genesis 2 figure there are a lot of things missing from it. There's almost no body shaping morphs included with it. Can't change the body mass, the musculature, nothing. You can make the breasts a little bigger but not smaller.

I certainly hope they're not planning on phasing out the Genesis 1 figure. It's a much more useful figure for people starting out as it is a far more customizable figure straight out of the box.

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

vic 6 (from the pro bundle) and base G2 do not (NOT) load in Poser 9 at all.
    I have them.. but first get missing files ( RyBelle_torsoBU.jpg and such) and than nothing

as if there are no Geometrics and textures for them..
    help !!!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

is that using DSON.

edited December 1969

yes.. I am in the dson area where V5 and Genesis work fine
    but it does not find all kind of jpg files (i do not find them manualy either)
    and nothing is loaded... it says it did but it did not

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,658
    edited December 1969

Did you install both the Poser companion files and the core files, ideally to the same location but in any event both to folders that appear in the Poser list of content locations?

edited December 1969

I now did manage to get the jpg's found
    but still the figures (base and v6 do not load

I installed almost everything now that is not mac related

edited December 1969

when v6 is opened in Poser and not visual it says

scale = 0%
    and everything else is 0 (zero) too..

edited December 1969

Can you search for the file "Genesis2Female.dsf" and give the complete path to it?

edited December 1969

it is not found... does not seem to be on my pc..

so in a way that might be good news, as that might help you to solve my problems...

edited December 1969

efron_24 said:
    it is not found... does not seem to be on my pc..

so in a way that might be good news, as that might help you to solve my problems...

Did you install "Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials"?

edited December 1969

Ok ... got it..

found it.. works now

GRACIAS.. that last tip was top...

edited December 1969

but now .. at 6.46 in the morning.. I encounter the next problems with clothes and such
    will sleep now and try to find solutions tonight... at least I am a few steps further..
    thanks a lot

edited December 1969

Now that I got Vic 6 to work.. please explain which items I have to download (as it seems to be more than 1) from the other articles to have them work in Poser 9... All ?? or ...

I include 2 examples.. please explain which are needed.
    and does that go for all things I get from Daz righ now..

h011.jpg
    730 x 638 - 131K
    h010.jpg
    752 x 739 - 168K
  • dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

I installed g2 female manually. Now Studio asks for the dsf file. But it IS installed under data. do I have to use the My DAZ3D library istead of My library?

• dyretdyret Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

sorry. got i working

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited June 2013

@efron_24: In each case, you should download and install the last two files in the list (Norma and Norma PoserCF, and the equivalents from the other product). The other files are redundant; they look to be the old-style exe installers for PC and zip files for Mac...DAZ is transitioning away from those--in the future only the last two files will appear in your Product Library from what I understand.

The most important thing is that you install one copy of the product and one copy of the PoserCF.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • shadowdancinshadowdancin Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

amazing all o the shaping morphs do not appear in studio but put in poser they are all there created a character in poser with the morphs saved it and tried to import into studio and it error out nothing loaded but lights hmmmmm?

• edited December 1969

I'll be the first one to admit my lack of experience when it comes to these things. The attached picture was my result when I tried playing with Genesis 2's jaw morphs. Have I installed something incorrectly, or is a separate purchase necessary?

Capture.JPG
    435 x 569 - 36K
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

About Gen2F, and some product which released with V6,
    at current,, I have disappointed too.

even though with zero poze, with V6 default shape,
    I find big poke through around breast. why I need to apply smeooth modifier with zero poze and
    daz official character shape?

If daz keep release Such product , there seems no meaning to separate female shape.
    Vendor need to wrok more carefully I think.

and I have already bought many adjustment morph for rig pozing about genesis.

then compare with gen1, I can not find good improvement.

if I remove all product morph from gen1, Gen2 may work better than Gen1.

but if I need to wait additonal many morph for gen2 too,
    I can not find strong point about pozing and shape. actually some poze preset
    seems not fit much. it is not problem for poze preset I think.

• edited December 1969

I've been playing with Genesis 2 and I feel that Genesis 1 is far superior. Having a single figure for male and female characters was an enormous step forward. Gen2 is a step back. I very much appreciated that poses for Michael 5 worked correctly on Victoria 5, and I loved morphing from monsters to maidens in one character. Gen2 seems to have done away with that.

Gen1 also made better use of my previous investments. For instance, skins for V4 worked with Gen1. They don't seem to work with Gen2 (at least, when I try to apply them, nothing happens).

I bought a lot of items for Gen1, none of which seem to apply to Gen2. Body and Head Morphs. All the iconic shapes. V5. M5. Various monster morphs. Etc. I recognize that the same thing happened when I went from V4 to Genesis, but Genesis offered so many advantages over the V4/M4 that buying the morphs again was worthwhile. I'm having trouble finding any advantages in Gen2 over Gen1. I don't see any significant changes in poseability and the face doesn't look significantly better, etc.

I'm saddened by this turn of events. I wish you had continued to enhance Genesis rather than replace it with an inferior model.

Mike