M4 Cyborg

arrowhead42arrowhead42 Posts: 52
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi, I recently purchased the model "Cyborg Model 4" (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/cyborg-model-4), and I started using it today and had a bit of a problem.... I don't know if there's a way to aske the vendor about it or not, and thought I might ask here if there's a way i can do that.
Part of the ad for the model says that it's based on M4 and utilizes his poses, clothes, etc. It doesn't exactly follow his poses, which is one reason why I bought it.... because I needed such a model that could mimic M4's poses exactly. When I highlight the cyborg, and click an M4 pose from my library, his hands and feet don't follow the moves of the rest of the body. They move to different spots in the scene and don't stay attached. Just wondering if I was missing something, and I'd like to ask the vendor about it. If anyone can offer and advice, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks -

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited September 2012

I am sure dzFire will reply himself, but in the meantime...

Are you loading M4 first, and conforming the Cyborg to him? That seems ot be the way it works to use his poses etc.

Based on DAZ 3D's Michael 4, the Cyber M4 can conform to Michael 4, use his clothes, his poses, and props.

There should also be a readme, did you see that, you can download it as a PDF?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. With some of Michael 4’s poses, there are key issues with the trans x,y,z (ie: k 0 0 .2876276) in some of the pose's .PZ2 files which causes the feet and hands to detach. Daz can’t fix every vendor's M4 pose so I made a forced .cr2. If you use this .cr2, in DS4+ it will ask you if you want to use limits (click yes).

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6c42g80mo246ng3

I tried to make this model as compatible with M4 as possible, just take note, some vendor poses have junk saved in them that may have undesired effects. Also, he has a lot more bones (parts) then M4

Hope this helps and explains.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Yes, M4 has limits set on hand and foot translation so you don't see the problem when you apply poses to M4 which have these spurious translations.

• kevin.arletkevin.arlet Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

hello I just bought the M4 cyborg but I cant seem to get it to work the I would like for it to work I need help I want to use it as an anatomy part but I think I cant can someone help me plzzz

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

hello I just bought the M4 cyborg but I cant seem to get it to work the I would like for it to work I need help I want to use it as an anatomy part but I think I cant can someone help me plzzz

Can you please explain in detail what it is you want to do with the Cyborg model so we can better make suggestions as to how you can get the desired results?

Thank you.

• kevin.arletkevin.arlet Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

of course I want to use the body part of the cyborg and replace them with those of the human to create and actual cyborg cause u see am creating an animation but I need that character with those body parts can u please help me