Is there atutorial on how to use the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 product???

Luv LeeLuv Lee Posts: 229

One of the many reasons I never upgraded to genesis is because I do numerous anmated shows and comics using old gen 4 textures, so when I saw the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female product I was ecstatic and bought it immediately--downside--there are no tuts and I have no earthly idea where to find the things I need to apply to the genesis 2 character and no idea what to do even if I DID locate the materials. Also, when I tried to turn an old texture V4 preset from a PZ2 into a DUF as per request of the product maker, it just made the file unusable ( it read an error when I tried to apply it to genesis 2). Is there any info out there on how to use this product? I am pulling my hair out.

Post edited by Luv Lee on

Comments

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Here's the steps i took to apply the Misu V4 texture to Gns2F

* Load both V4 and Gns2F
    * Apply the texture to V4
    * With V4 selected, File -> Save as -> Material(s) preset
    * Select Gns2F and apply the new material preset you just created
    * In the Surfaces tab, select 'Genesis 2 Female' and change the 'UV Set' setting to 'Victoria 4'

All done...

• Luv LeeLuv Lee Posts: 229
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much sweetheart--I'll drop a line after I try it--you're the best!

edited December 1969

Here's the steps i took to apply the Misu V4 texture to Gns2F

* Load both V4 and Gns2F
    * Apply the texture to V4
    * With V4 selected, File -> Save as -> Material(s) preset
    * Select Gns2F and apply the new material preset you just created
    * In the Surfaces tab, select 'Genesis 2 Female' and change the 'UV Set' setting to 'Victoria 4'

All done...

worked like a charm, thank you so very much--may I ask another quick question--how do you apply a character preset as well? Thanks again so much...

Alicia

edited December 1969

Afaik Genesis2 won't accept shaping presets from previous generations, although there is a way to convert morphs to Genesis2, see this thread.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Genesis use V4 UV mapping by default. You can use all V4 textures on it.

edited December 1969

jestmart said:

But Genesis2 doesn't.
    edited December 1969

Afaik Genesis2 won't accept shaping presets from previous generations, although there is a way to convert morphs to Genesis2, see this thread.

Ah thanks again so much! I appriacate your assistance....

Alicia

edited December 1969

jestmart said:

Yeah, I kinda noticed that when I was playing around last night--doh! Could have been experimenting all along--I am gonna play a bit today to see what kind of stuff I can come up with....you guys have been wonderful--I humbly thank yah :-)

Alicia