Daily Freebie Incentive to purchase V6... Yes I have a question

edited December 1969 in The Commons

I understand that technically DAZ does not even have to offer these free items to use for purchasing her, but there usually is some sort of promotion like this historically. With that said, here is my question and instead of having my topic removed as seems to be the usual habit around here, it would be nice to have a response and preferrably from someone up there at DAZ cause believe it or not, this is meant to be feedback from a member of your customer base on your sales event and submitting tickets in regards to these things seems to be a waste of time.

Why would items from a previous Pro Bundle be offered up as the daily freebie for buying another item. Maybe not all of us buy them but there are some of us that do buy the Pro Bundles when these items are released. So, my incentive to buy the new V6 for today are two items that were purchased in the Pro Bundle you got me to buy for the DAZ Horse II - Your advertisement says "She practically pays for herself" (because of the freebies) Well, if you are giving me and most everyone else that gets in on the bundle deals when they first come out in the store, products we already bought, um, no she isnt practically paying for herself because we arent getting anything we dont already have LOL. One of (not the only but yes, it was a factor) the reasons I went ahead and bought V6 now was because of this incentive.

Again, I am sorry for complaining but it would be nice to get something we don't already have. Heck, I would be happy with a cheapy 1.99 dealy that hasnt been released at this rate - but that is just me. I really am alot easier to please than it sounds. I just expect advertising to be what it says and if the rest of the month plays out this way, she wont be practically paying for herself. Being a marketing wiz is all fine and dandy but seriously people, think about what you are really saying before you just spout it off and actually advertise it.

~ Bree ~

Comments

• UnseenUnseen Posts: 606
    edited December 1969

I agree...

For me it is not a a real complaint but just what is happening. I also have today's free sets because I purchased them with the Horse 2 bundle and I hope that the next ones will be things that I do not already have...

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

I opened a ticket on the exact same subject with the exact same questions and circumstances.

First pass, the ticket was closed with a "too bad, so sad" sort of answer.

I reopened the ticket and said the answer was not acceptable. The ticket has now sat for 24 hours untouched.

If this does end up being the answer, that I intend to return all of the V6 G2 purchases.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

I doubt you will get a response from DAZ regarding this. They offered an incentive to buyers. You buy this item and we will give you items free. The earlier you buy the more free items you get. What they do not guarantee is that the items are new or items you do not already own.

Since all the items will be DO's and DAZ has been having mega DO sales since last December, anyone who has been here any length of time probably has some or most of the items that will be offered.

A lot of grief would have been saved if instead of ten or so days of freebies, DAZ gave away the head and body morphs if you purchased the Pro bundle. They probably would have more sales of the Pro Bundle and there would be fewer people complaining as they realize after they buy the Pro bundle, they still need to turn around and buy the morphs.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    I doubt you will get a response from DAZ regarding this. They offered an incentive to buyers. You buy this item and we will give you items free. The earlier you buy the more free items you get. What they do not guarantee is that the items are new or items you do not already own.

Since all the items will be DO's and DAZ has been having mega DO sales since last December, anyone who has been here any length of time probably has some or most of the items that will be offered.

A lot of grief would have been saved if instead of ten or so days of freebies, DAZ gave away the head and body morphs if you purchased the Pro bundle. They probably would have more sales of the Pro Bundle and there would be fewer people complaining as they realize after they buy the Pro bundle, they still need to turn around and buy the morphs.

I agree, morph bundle to Pro buyers would be a good solution.
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Second and third that- morph bundles (which should have been included to begin with, as stated thousands of times already probably!) should be the freebies. We want that amount taken off our bundle price!

edited December 1969

Did the V5 or M5 pro bundles come with morph sets? V5's pro bundle, like V6's had characters that required the Evolution morphs to work. If you hadn't purchased them, you either had to buy them or pass.

The Pro Suites (the highest price bundles) came with the morphs.

Other than putting everything in the store in one shot, DAZ isn't doing anything different from the Genesis 1 release. If DAZ had followed the same formula as the Genesis 1 figure would there be as much complaining? DAZ gave away DS4. Genesis came with it. Base is free. Then they released the Evolution head, body and expression morphs. Months later, they released V5. The starter and the pro bundles had no morphs. There were some complaints but not that many. Difference here is you're seeing it all in one shot.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited June 2013

icprncss said:
    V5's pro bundle, like V6's had characters that required the Evolution morphs to work. If you hadn't purchased them, you either had to buy them or pass.

The big difference back then was that when D|S4 with Genesis was released there was a several months wait before V5 came out, but only a very short wait, no more than a couple of weeks I think, for the Evolution sets. Many of the characters released in the meantime required Evolution, so by the time V5 came around, a lot of people had already bought them months before anyway. Here, we're getting everything springing up in the store all at once so there's no feeling of "needs item x, but I got it ages ago, so it's no problem".

And the Pro bundle extras are no incentive to me, either: for the last several months, every time I used a DAZ coupon I dug through the Originals in my wishlist until now there are none left. Of all the incentive items so far, either I already have them or I don't need them. No incentive at all, entirely due to the way DAZ is running its coupons.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

I must admit that I had assumed that the daily freebies would be new items for V6.
    I had not realised they would be items that were already in the store. I already have the items for Day 1 and Day 2 :( :(

edited December 1969

I know DAZ waited months between Genesis and the Evolution morphs before releasing V5. I stated it all above. I didn't say I agreed with it.

One, DAZ should have given some indication this was coming. Over and above the accidental short term release of the texture last Friday morning and the single thread in Members Only.

Why there was no official announcement is beyond me. All I was saying is that the set up is nothing new. The execution of the release could have been done better.

They could have just as easily and with a lot less grief, released the G2F, the morphs and the V4 to V6 products. Given users a chance to get their feet wet and get used to the change.

Even if they had held off releasing V6 for a month, it would have been a lot less "traumatizing" than to just take the whole truckload, dump it into the store the third week of the month when most PC members have already used their coupon and only give you a half page or so blurb on sale page.

I looked at the Pro bundle and wasn't all that impressed. It all looked like a rehash of G1 and V5. When I read the freebie blurb and it didn't state that the products given away would be new products and then I saw the light sets, I knew the giveaway would end up being a mishmash of DO's that have already been on sale numerous time already and if I wanted them, I'd probably already bought them.

The PC coupon is becoming less and less. I can't even remember how many I've let lapse because I didn't find anything that was cheap enough so it didn't cost me anything or something I wanted to spend money on.

The new release of basic wear for the new figure is a PA product?

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Bea said:
    I must admit that I had assumed that the daily freebies would be new items for V6.
    I had not realised they would be items that were already in the store. I already have the items for Day 1 and Day 2 :( :(

I took that into account when I bought it. I own so much 'modern' DAZ-O content, i.e. post-Genesis, that there's probably a >75% chance that any DAZ Original they put in will be something I already have.

The fact that the first day's item was an old one clued me in, and I shrugged and pulled the trigger anyway. I like the character, and it'll be another great arrow in my quiver. It also doesn't suck that I got 16% off Gift Certificates and used that to buy her, plus I recognized that 58% was the wrong discount and immediately bought at that price.

Many folks will be comfortable waiting until 65% off sales, or such, and will get it at a better price, and that's cool too.

If anything in the 'freebie 10 days' is something I don't have, that'll be pure gravy for me.

-- Morgan

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

So basically I got to keep tabs on the freebie each and add them to my cart and so forth... I missed one so far. Oh well...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    I know DAZ waited months between Genesis and the Evolution morphs before releasing V5. I stated it all above. I didn't say I agreed with it.

One, DAZ should have given some indication this was coming. Over and above the accidental short term release of the texture last Friday morning and the single thread in Members Only.

Why there was no official announcement is beyond me. All I was saying is that the set up is nothing new. The execution of the release could have been done better.

They could have just as easily and with a lot less grief, released the G2F, the morphs and the V4 to V6 products. Given users a chance to get their feet wet and get used to the change.

Even if they had held off releasing V6 for a month, it would have been a lot less "traumatizing" than to just take the whole truckload, dump it into the store the third week of the month when most PC members have already used their coupon and only give you a half page or so blurb on sale page.

I looked at the Pro bundle and wasn't all that impressed. It all looked like a rehash of G1 and V5. When I read the freebie blurb and it didn't state that the products given away would be new products and then I saw the light sets, I knew the giveaway would end up being a mishmash of DO's that have already been on sale numerous time already and if I wanted them, I'd probably already bought them.

The PC coupon is becoming less and less. I can't even remember how many I've let lapse because I didn't find anything that was cheap enough so it didn't cost me anything or something I wanted to spend money on.

The new release of basic wear for the new figure is a PA product?

...the fact the no major announcement of the forthcoming release (save for the "tease" for the PC forum a couple days ago) was issued here, was a bad move on Daz's part.

Yeah it looks like a number of products that originally were Daz Originals are going to be PA items thus making it even less enticing to "upgrade" because PC discounts and coupons will no longer apply and sale offers will be fewer and further between. Also, don't expect to have as full a line of content such as all the legacy body shapes (which are required for the UV maps and Autofit to work properly).

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

dimension lights 2 isn't showing up as free in my cart. The other freebie things were free. this tries to charge me 11 dollars something.

• Alpha01Alpha01 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

I too was under the impression that the freebie would be Victoria 6 content, why wouldn't it be, why isn't it ???

Seriously!

Even if its just different textures, shoes or even just different eyes or nails, anything would be better then stuff I already own.

I bought over the last few months quiet a few different pro bundles, so I have a lot of content already.

So why isn't an alternative available??

if every content that's given this month is old or useless, this will be the last bundle I will buy, I will honour my years subscription then cancel it when its finished.

The sales on the shop is crazy anyway, you buy something then weeks later its on fast grab or reduced to a third of what I paid. This is not providing value for money or encouraging others to buy new content.

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

Are you logged in? Do you already own it :)

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I need to shout and cry If I can not refund these Freebie bonus which I have alrady bought in march madness sales.
    @@; boooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Dimension light 1 and 2, I have already bought, about this case, what meaning of this bonus sale?

I really hope daz may offer some other items or coupon for user who have already bought
    these free items with V6 pro bundle.

it is not good , User can not check these free items are already bought or not!!!
    Why daz often plan such sale?
    I may happy send me coupon tickets which can use in daz shop only.

Of course I have already sent support ticket, but about the first day,
    I gave up . because I did not know, the item which shown as purchased,
    I could throw it in my cart.

I am afraid every day I need to refund items which I have bought alreaqdy !! @@;

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited December 1969

It may be a problem for anyone who buy stuff for a long time ending up with no freebies because they have already bought it.
    I think, for me, it is a 50% chance. The light sets a great for me since I have it on my wishlist a long time but I already own the freebie from the Horse Bundle.
    But I didn't buy V6 because of the freebies. It can be a good bonus if you do not have the freebies but it a game of chance. And at last we should be happy that DAZ offers some freebies for the purchase because they don't have to do this.
    And I think that everyone who bought the bundle will get a coupon next time - like it happens before with other bundles.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

it's working now. must have been a little glitch.
    thanks everyone.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

For regular long time active buying customers, it's a crap shoot if the V6 bonus is something you may not already have. I had the light sets on my wishlist so I'm batting two out of three so far. I still am hitting myself on the head for not realizing the initial 58% off was due to the Thursday's PC discount that was increased from 30% to 40% that wasn't turn off at midnight.

• CymbidiumCymbidium Posts: 213
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    For regular long time active buying customers, it's a crap shoot if the V6 bonus is something you may not already have. I had the light sets on my wishlist so I'm batting two out of three so far. I still am hitting myself on the head for not realizing the initial 58% off was due to the Thursday's PC discount that was increased from 30% to 40% that wasn't turn off at midnight.

......+1!

edited December 1969

I need to shout and cry If I can not refund these Freebie bonus which I have alrady bought in march madness sales.
    @@; boooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Dimension light 1 and 2, I have already bought, about this case, what meaning of this bonus sale?

I really hope daz may offer some other items or coupon for user who have already bought
    these free items with V6 pro bundle.

it is not good , User can not check these free items are already bought or not!!!
    Why daz often plan such sale?
    I may happy send me coupon tickets which can use in daz shop only.

Of course I have already sent support ticket, but about the first day,
    I gave up . because I did not know, the item which shown as purchased,
    I could throw it in my cart.

I am afraid every day I need to refund items which I have bought alreaqdy !! @@;

The sale page makes no promise that the items given away will be new or that substitution will be allowed. The offer is simply if you purchase the V6 Pro Bundle before the end of the month DAZ will give you a free product everyday from the day you purchased to the end of the month.

Unless DAZ makes a clear statement that all items offered are new, it's a good bet it isn't. Past sales have already shown that even when a banner states something "includes new releases", it doesn't really.

In the end it up to the buyer. You chose to buy the bundle. No one forced you to. If you are unhappy, submit a support ticket and ask for a refund on the Pro Bundle. If you still want the Pro Bundle, keep it and hope that maybe one or two of the freebies are something you don't have.

I've learned several things from many years as a DAZ (and before that a Zygote customer). Biggest one: everything in the store goes on sale at some point. If you don't need it, wait.

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

The sale page makes no promise that the items given away will be new or that substitution will be allowed...

Similar answers (from different persons) in similar threads, but I think they miss the point. Nobody said that they broken promisses, it's just that people are disappointed about the items.

Personally I didn't expected to much in the dayly freebies, cause I had also the problem in most of the recent promotions (e.g. Megabundles) that all the offered items ar already in my collection. The feeling increases that there's nothing for people who already spend a lot of money (what is only true for some of the promotions).

If the freebies are a reason to buy the V6ProBundle I would recommend to wait until the first interesting one occurs and buy the bundle than.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

ruekaka said:
    The sale page makes no promise that the items given away will be new or that substitution will be allowed...

Similar answers (from different persons) in similar threads, but I think they miss the point. Nobody said that they broken promisses, it's just that people are disappointed about the items.

Personally I didn't expected to much in the dayly freebies, cause I had also the problem in most of the recent promotions (e.g. Megabundles) that all the offered items ar already in my collection. The feeling increases that there's nothing for people who already spend a lot of money (what is only true for some of the promotions).

If the freebies are a reason to buy the V6ProBundle I would recommend to wait until the first interesting one occurs and buy the bundle than.

Pretty much this - I was hoping they (the daily freebie) would be somewhat specific or related to G2F but nor real expectation. Based on what I perceive to be lack of content in the V6 Pro bundle (regardless of reasons or fact) my hopes were raised that somehow DAZ would redress that via these freebies. Thus far I have not had 1 of the (3 days) items and I am not now really expecting that to go much higher.

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

I agree that things available with the Horse 2 bundle weren't a good choice. The lighting sets are a GREAT choice; Help us with renders of our brand new G2.

What sort of annoys me now is that they have a sale going on with props and environments, and I worry if I take advantage of it I'm going to log in the next day to find whatever I bought (assuming it's a DAZ original) is the new freebie of the day.

EDIT: Of course, with a PC membership and the odds of that happening being relatively low, if I really want something that's not too pricey, I should just get it. I'll still flip sooooo many tables over if it turns out to be a freebie later in June.

Post edited by dan.shive on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:

What sort of annoys me now is that they have a sale going on with props and environments, and I worry if I take advantage of it I'm going to log in the next day to find whatever I bought (assuming it's a DAZ original) is the new freebie of the day.

EDIT: Of course, with a PC membership and the odds of that happening being relatively low, if I really want something that's not too pricey, I should just get it. I'll still flip sooooo many tables over if it turns out to be a freebie later in June.

If they turn up as freebies, you can just return them.

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is that a relatively quick and painless process? I've never done that before, but if it can done quickly and in time to get the item again as a freebie, then yeah, that's great.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

dan.shive said:

Is that a relatively quick and painless process? I've never done that before, but if it can done quickly and in time to get the item again as a freebie, then yeah, that's great.

Just buy it again as a freebie, then submit a support ticket saying you bought it as a freebie and want to return the paid one. If you ask for it in Store Credit it's usually very quick.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I realy love to say complain even though it has no effect by law ^^b

on the other hand,, I really hate such gambling way about selling product.
    daz way often cause me to think about real price of the product.

And usually I do not send refund ticket even though I find problem.
    send bug report, I choose to wait daz remove probelm.

As for me,, I expect daz employ more man to check their product and isntaller, zip,
    and team who can remove bug and clear announce in their web page.

I often see, even though there is clear problem , and it was confirmed,
    daz keep to sell items as if there is no problem on shopping page.

I like other user tell me "You can refund!! " and scold me stop many complain.

but if DAZ say samething to me, to stop my complains, I simply quit to buy daz product.

• pwalters58pwalters58 Posts: 72
    edited June 2013

I'm just going to wait and catch V6 when she is 75% off like all of the other figures I bought at first release only to see them for much less later.

Post edited by pwalters58 on
    edited December 1969

Not all products sold here at DAZ are owned by DAZ. Even DAZ Originals are made by PA's. DAZ Originals are products DAZ has purchased outright and own.

As a long time beta tester for Poser products, I have seen products work perfectly in the version they were created go wonky in lower and in higher versions. I've even tested products that worked well in the standard version of Poser but went all weird in the Pro version. Not every issue is going to be caught.

An item when it is released for one version of software and figure may work just fine. That doesn't mean that changes to the software's sdk won't break something in the future. It has happened before and probably will again. There is no way to guarantee it won't and not being a large company with a large pool of workers or an unlimited budget, they have to make decisions. Whatever decision they make, someone will not be happy. If they do nothing, there will be complaints. If they assign someone to try and figure out the problem and provide a fix, it will cost them time and money they may not recoup. If they say the heck with it, we've made the bulk of the money we feel we've made from it and pull it from the store, others will be unhappy.

If DAZ performed all the exhaustive testing some users expect, they would never get products on the market and when they did, the cost would be prohibitive.