V4 TEXTURES ON VICTORIA 6

JRC1334JRC1334 Posts: 71
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello guys I am a new user to Daz studio I have been a long time Poser user and just bought Poserpro2014 at this point I just want to jump ship and now I am going to start using Daz studio I just purchased Victoria 6 and I have alot of V4 character textures I would like to use on Victoria 6 can anyone show me how? I am so confused

Comments

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

From what I understand they want you to buy this product
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female
    to do this

and from what I know (correct me if I'm wrong) it only works for *duf format textures, so I have no idea if it is usable in Poser at all

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220
    edited June 2013

It explains it right on the note on the store page.

note: Due to a limitation in how DAZ Studio handles presets, only material presets which are in DUF format can be directly applied. Any existing material presets must be re-saved in DUF format from the original Victoria 4.

You load V4 into DAZStudio 4.6 with the skin texture you want, save as a .duf.

Now you can add that texture to Genesis 2. Hardly complicated.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • JRC1334JRC1334 Posts: 71
    edited December 1969

Ah-ha I see. Thanks guys :)

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

If you are a Poser user, go here and pick up this script

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

Mec4D has this script

http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=product&product_id=86

It works for Genesis 1 but I haven't tried it for Genesis 2. It may not work if the script needs updating.

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,303
    edited November 2013

edited and removed by user

Post edited by linvanchene on
    edited December 1969

See what I want to do is use old V4 textures that I made in dazstudio 4.6 on the new Victoria6 and how can I do that (saving it as .duf) if I cant load the textures?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

JRC1334 said:
    See what I want to do is use old V4 textures that I made in dazstudio 4.6 on the new Victoria6 and how can I do that (saving it as .duf) if I cant load the textures?

Load the texture onto V4 (for best results) or Genesis (if you don't own V4), and Save As Materials Preset. You can then use that saved preset on V6, assuming you own the V4 to Genesis 2 product mentioned upthread.
    edited December 1969

Okay thank you that is a big help for one portion of work I am trying to accomplish or basically answers one of my questions. The second question or issue i have is i am loading an old v4 zip file from renderosity thats made just for v4 and I loaded it into dazstudio but it wont load onto V6 do I have to try and load the texture onto a genesis 1 or 2 and yes I do have V4 but it will not load into daz4.6 for some reason maybe because i just loaded the V4 to Genesis 2 product.

edited December 1969

Loaded fine onto GEN1 you were a tremendous help Sir I think I am getting it. but a liitle added assistance would be a bonus :)

edited December 1969

YES!!! IT WORKED AWESOME POPS!!!! OKAY I THINK I AM CLOSER TO USING DAZ NOW!!!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

For a more detailed explanation, after you load the skin (texture) onto V4 or Genesis and save as a material preset (duf) you then load Genesis 2/V6, select her, go to File>Merge> go to the preset folder. I haven't done it yet, but I asked on a different thread. Hope I restated it right.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    See this thread, which includes a YouTube link showing the simplest workflow.

-- Morgan