Important basic Genesis 2/Victoria 6 information

SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
edited June 2013 in The Commons

disclaimer: if any of this information is wrong, please let me know.

I wrote up a short list of useful information about Genesis 2 and Victoria 6 in my deviantArt journal, and maybe it will be useful for anyone here confused by all the numerous forum threads and posts. Hope it helps!

my original journal here with additional Adobe CC info: http://fav.me/d69mnb5

----------------------------------------------------------------

In case you're confused as to what you need to use Genesis 2 and Victoria 6, here are a few basic guidelines.

- Genesis 2 Female (no male is available yet) is free, and should be in your DAZ downloadable products list or in your DIM (install manager). Search for "genesis" and it should show up.

- You will need to buy the Genesis 2 Female Head and Body morphs (as always with a new base) to have basic morphing and shaping abilities.

- You will probably also want to buy the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female set, as you will need it to both fit V4 clothing to Genesis 2 using auto-fit and also to use Victoria 4 textures with Genesis 2.

- Victoria 6 is a character (morph preset and texture). You do not need the Genesis 2 Female Head and Body morphs to make her work, but you'll only have one shape (V6) to use.

- The Genesis 2 Female Head and Body morphs are NOT included in any of the Victoria 6 bundles. Genitals are apparently included in the Pro bundle. Oddly enough however, Nyssa and Norma (the two V6 characters included in the bundles) both require the Genesis 2 Female Body Morphs, and Nyssa also requires the Genesis 2 Head Morphs, so if you want to use those characters as shown, you will need to buy the Genesis 2 Female morphs as well.

Basically: if you're not interested in Victoria 6's specific shape, you should buy the Genesis 2 Female morph sets and the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female set. If you like V6, you can buy any V6 bundle you like, but be sure to also buy the Genesis 2 Head and Body morphs if you want to make the most of the Genesis 2 Female figure AND to properly use the two characters included in the Pro bundle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post edited by SnowSultan on

Comments

• macmondomacmondo Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your post this was very clear and useful!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

- The Genesis 2 Female Head and Body morphs are NOT included in any of the Victoria 6 bundles. Genitals are apparently included in the Pro bundle.

Basically: if you're not interested in Victoria 6's specific shape, you should buy the Genesis 2 Female morph sets and the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female set. If you like V6, you can buy any V6 bundle you like, but be sure to buy the Genesis 2 Head and Body morphs as well if you want to make the most of the Genesis 2 Female figure.

Thanks...reading this just made me realise why the morphs aren't part of the V6 bundle. Sometimes I'm a bit slow but they are obviously meant as Gen2 female morphs not V6 morphs. That helps to know...
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

- The Genesis 2 Female Head and Body morphs are NOT included in any of the Victoria 6 bundles. Genitals are apparently included in the Pro bundle.

Basically: if you're not interested in Victoria 6's specific shape, you should buy the Genesis 2 Female morph sets and the Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female set. If you like V6, you can buy any V6 bundle you like, but be sure to buy the Genesis 2 Head and Body morphs as well if you want to make the most of the Genesis 2 Female figure.

Thanks...reading this just made me realise why the morphs aren't part of the V6 bundle. Sometimes I'm a bit slow but they are obviously meant as Gen2 female morphs not V6 morphs. That helps to know...
    However, Nyssa and Norma (the two V6 characters included in the bundles) both require the Body Morphs, and Nyssa also requires the Head Morphs.
  • SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Yeah I'm still not sure why the morphs aren't part of the bundles. All of the other products in the bundle can be purchased stand alone as well so why are the morphs - that are needed to use something else in the bundle - left out?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited June 2013

Pendraia said:

However, Nyssa and Norma (the two V6 characters included in the bundles) both require the Body Morphs, and Nyssa also requires the Head Morphs. Yes...but the assumption would have been that people would try the GEN2 female before buying the V6 pro bundle. Obviously they should have had that in people's DIM earlier than they did which is why we(myself included) were so confused by it.

Just checked the V5 pro bundle...the morphs are included but as part of the Genesis starter essentials bundle. Maybe there should have been a Gen2 female starter bundle of some sort prior to releasing V6 then it could have been included.

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 1969

Nyssa and Norma (the two V6 characters included in the bundles) both require the Body Morphs, and Nyssa also requires the Head Morphs.

I will add that to my original post, thank you. I also have no idea why DAZ couldn't just have added the cost of the Genesis 2 Female morph bundle into the Pro one, since virtually everyone who buys V6 is also going to want those basic shaping morphs to go with her.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Thanks for putting that together, SnowSultan!