No 50% discount on Premier Artists stores with V6 Pro Bundle?

SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
edited June 2013 in Daz Studio Discussion

The V6 advertising claims that adding products from selected premier artists store with V6 Pro bundle in cart will save 50% but this only seems to work for older products not the entire store as advertised. Is this a website glitch or has DAZ not explained this offer correctly? If new PA products are excluded DAZ need to make this clear.

For example, when I add Wynn for M5

http://www.daz3d.com/wynn-for-m5

No extra discount. When I add The Igigi

http://www.daz3d.com/the-igigi

The discount is applied to the cart. Both are recent releases from the advertised PA's but one works and the other doesn't. Does the discount apply to the selected PA's entire store as the advertising claims or doesn't it?

Post edited by Superdog on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Presumably there is the normal restriction about new releases. The first one you mention is very new.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Presumably there is the normal restriction about new releases. The first one you mention is very new.

Then the add is misleading and needs to be corrected.

PLUS - Buy Victoria 6 Starter Bundle or Pro Bundle & get 50% off the entire stores of the following Premier Artists:
    MallenLane, Xena, dx30, ForbiddenWhispers, & RawArt.

Emphasis mine.

No asterisk pointing to the fine print and no fine print anywhere on the page that I can see. Entire store means just that entire store. I don't care if Daz always says that but then in the fine print changes it to exclude new items. If they don't explicitly state that it excludes certain items then certain items are not excluded.

It's called false advertising. If a chain store publishes an add that has to low of a price for an item they are bound by law to honor that price. It doesn't matter that they "meant" it to be something different and everyone should know that.

All that said my guess is that Daz marketing/sales as well as the PA's actually did mean for the ENTIRE stores to be on sale, especially the new items because those are aimed at G2/V6. What has probably happened is that the store database hasn't caught up with everything yet and this will all get straightened out later on this morning.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited June 2013

I hope it is a mistake with the database that DAZ will correct. I also noticed that adding products from the New Releases page doesn't add them to the cart. I had to open the product page and add it to the cart that way. I've not had to do that before so that seems to be a glitch.

My understanding is that "entire" means everything. But if there are restrictions they need to be highlighted. The Igigi is definitely less than 6 months old, maybe released last month, but a discount is applied to that so the usual restrictions don't seem to apply.

I'm a PC member and some of the new releases are already 58% so I don't expect a further discount on those but I though the PA products marked at 30% would be reduced by a further 20% as advertised.

edited December 1969

The discount for the V6 pro bundle has changed from 58% to 51%! I had it in my cart at 58% discount while I spent some time thinking whether to buy it but when I went to checkout I noticed the price had changed. Well at least it made my mind up - while DAZ play around with discounts like this I'm not buying.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok. Makes my decision easier, too. I didn't think it was possible for Daz to get me more aggravated. Now I won't buy the G2 morph bundle.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited June 2013

Superdog said:
    The V6 advertising claims that adding products from selected premier artists store with V6 Pro bundle in cart will save 50% but this only seems to work for older products not the entire store as advertised. Is this a website glitch or has DAZ not explained this offer correctly? If new PA products are excluded DAZ need to make this clear.

No extra discount.

1) Currently this is on sale for 30% and not outside the 60-day window for any other discount.

2) My products aren't part of the promotion. Only Forbiddenwhisper's solo products are since she's the artist with a V6 item for sale. (I could be wrong about that, however, never has a new release... which this was released two days ago... gets a deeper discount that overrides an item in an intro sale. It would play havoc with my sales with people returning items and rebuying)

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited June 2013

Superdog said:

No extra discount.

1) Currently this is on sale for 30% and not outside the 60-day window for any other discount.

2) My products aren't part of the promotion. Only Forbiddenwhisper's solo products are since she's the artist with a V6 item for sale. (I could be wrong about that, however, never has a new release... which this was released two days ago... gets a deeper discount that overrides an item in an intro sale. It would play havoc with my sales with people returning items and rebuying)

Wynn for M5 is in FW's store. If I'm not mistaken The Igigi is less than 60 days old. The advertising says "entire" store with no qualifications. The discounts change within hours. I don't know who is responsible for this latest fiasco but I'm done with playing these hidden clauses games. I signed up as a PC member because DAZ promised greater and longer discounts. I hoped for more consistency but that seems to have failed with the V6 release.

edited June 2013

Superdog said:
    Superdog said:

No extra discount.

Wynn for M5 is in FW's store. If I'm not mistaken The Igigi is less than 60 days old. The advertising says "entire" store with no qualifications. The discounts change within hours. I don't know who is responsible for this latest fiasco but I'm done with playing these hidden clauses games. I signed up as a PC member because DAZ promised greater and longer discounts. I hoped for more consistency but that seems to have failed with the V6 release.

Wynn is 2 days old and not eligible for an discount because it's already on sale. The max discount is 30%. Even then, I'm not authorizing a 50% discount on a new product, because it's my product as well (considering I own the references) and it's not fair to others that bought it at 30%.

Also the agreement with DAZ on Wynn's release is no more than 30% for the intro. So the pricing on this item is correct and will stay 30% for the next few weeks.

edited June 2013

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    The discount for the V6 pro bundle has changed from 58% to 51%! I had it in my cart at 58% discount while I spent some time thinking whether to buy it but when I went to checkout I noticed the price had changed. Well at least it made my mind up - while DAZ play around with discounts like this I'm not buying.

The PC Member discount on DAZ originals on was increased from 30% to 40% for Thursday only. They just took their time turning the one day promotion off when V6 went live in the store. If I had realized that, I would have bought the Pro bundle as soon as she made her appearance in the store too.

edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    Superdog said:

No extra discount.

Wynn is 2 days old and not eligible for an discount because it's already on sale. The max discount is 30%. Even then, I'm not authorizing a 50% discount on a new product, because it's my product as well (considering I own the references) and it's not fair to others that bought it at 30%.

Also the agreement with DAZ on Wynn's release is no more than 30% for the intro. So the pricing on this item is correct and will stay 30% for the next few weeks.

That's your choice but then DAZ should make it clear that some products aren't included which they haven't done in this case. That's why I asked this question. It's annoying adding products to the cart and then trying to work out why some are discounted and some aren't as advertised.

edited December 1969

Superdog said:

That's your choice but then DAZ should make it clear that some products aren't included which they haven't done in this case. That's why I asked this question. It's annoying adding products to the cart and then trying to work out why some are discounted and some aren't as advertised.

Probably not as annoying as finding that my store is on sale again and not getting notified of it. But new items are never put on sale until they go through their intro period plus 60-day window so everyone is paying the same price and not feeling cheated if the price drops lower than they paid for it.