V4 for Genesis2 vs. V4 Shapes for Genesis?

PanthearPanthear Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

I got "V4 (and M4) Shapes for Genesis" and since Genesis 2 is said to be compatible with Genesis 1 I wonder which additional features the "Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female" adds in case of Morphs (not accessories of the bundle).
=> Shouldn't they technically be the same (since nothing changed for V4)?
=> And if so shouldn't that be indicated in the description?
=> And if they are not the same shouldn't the owners of V4 for Genesis get a discount on the new version?

Thx for the answer.

Regards
Panthear

Comments

• OridionOridion Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wait, where did it say that? According to the V6 promo page, Genesis 2 has more polies and such, so I doubt the morph packs are interchangeable. I really wish it did though. :(

• PanthearPanthear Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi,

this is in the compatibily section of Genesis 2:

"
    Due to consistency of key body parts and shapes, such as feet users are able to utilize content and accessories intended for not only the Genesis 2 females, but to also leverage their Genesis content through the "auto fit" process. Additionally, due to the ability to go directly from a female base to another female base, the auto fit process for Victoria 4 content has also been improved.
    "

So if they are compatible and leverage the "auto fit" process... shouldn't the result be the same, since V4 even had less poligon than Genesis?

Panthear

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Morphs are very different to clothing, and will probably not be backwards compatible. The autofit refers exclusively to wardrobe items which are 'fitted' to the figure, not alterations to the figure itself.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Autofit is for clothes and doesn't work that brilliantly anyway.
    It doesn't look as if Genesis 2 is compatable with Genesis much at all.

• PanthearPanthear Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well maybe they hear us and offer a discount/voucher for ppl. already have bought the Gen1 version.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Panthear said:
    Well maybe they hear us and offer a discount/voucher for ppl. already have bought the Gen1 version.

The V4 shape and UV is a PA product this time around, so no discount unfortunately.

• dan.shivedan.shive Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

G1 on the left, G2 on the right. Both wearing the same V4 shirt (Classic Casual for V4). Both have their respective V4 morphs applied, and I made sure my V4 for Genesis was up to date before making these comparison images.

At the very least, it appears G2 V4 has a more natural Clone right out of the box.

v4compare2.png
    450 x 700 - 304K
    v4compare1.png
    450 x 700 - 303K
  • MallenLaneMallenLane Posts: 159
    edited June 2013

I worked harder to make it a more accurate clone, with cleaner transitions, and better functioning as far as shoes are concerned. The UV's should also be a bit better about detail placement and smearing, in the face and body, than the ones which came with Genesis.

Post edited by MallenLane on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited June 2013

I worked harder to make it a more accurate clone, with cleaner transitions, and better functioning as far as shoes are concerned. The UV's should also be a bit better about detail placement and smearing, in the face and body, than the ones which came with Genesis.

Thanks for the hard work, your products are top shelf. I reluctantly picked up the shape for genesis 2 and the texture placement looked good to me. I did not compare them to genesis 1 or V4 because I didn't see the need. Well done.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Wow! That mostly fixed the weird 'crumple', that even SRMS sometimes didn't resolve. Thanks!

-- Morgan

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I just got thinking that better V4 autofit for Genesis would be a good seller too.