commercial posts

ManStanManStan Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

There is a commercial section to this forum now, so why are there threads in the commons mark commercial? Shouldn't they be moved to the commercial section of the forum?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The answer to that is in the Forum TOS, which is an announcement at the top of each forum.

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ok, after reading that I have to wonder what the point is of even having a commercial section is? I mistakenly assumed that having a commercial section of the forum would be to keep commercial posts out of the commons. My bad.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,360
    edited December 1969

It is a place for DAZ and non-DAZ vendors to advertise. DAZ vendors have the extra perk of being allowed to also post it in the commons. DAZ vendors are the only ones permitted to post to the commons.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

You were just being logical.

I'd also expect topics in Commons to be customers to post questions about products and for the commercial section to be where all vendors post about upcoming or released products.

But ... that would be entirely too sensible.

If DAZ wanted to give vendors that extra little perk, they could sticky the DAZ PA commercial topics in the commercial section, which would cause them to come before the non-DAZ vendors.

But that also would make entirely too much sense.

Of course, we would then end up with commercial topics for products that were months old still stickied. But perhaps that too would be a perk for the DAZ PAs, as their older products would still be listed before non DAZ vendors new products ...

ManStan said:
    Ok, after reading that I have to wonder what the point is of even having a commercial section is? I mistakenly assumed that having a commercial section of the forum would be to keep commercial posts out of the commons. My bad.
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

You were just being logical.

I'd also expect topics in Commons to be customers to post questions about products and for the commercial section to be where all vendors post about upcoming or released products.

But ... that would be entirely too sensible.

If DAZ wanted to give vendors that extra little perk, they could sticky the DAZ PA commercial topics in the commercial section, which would cause them to come before the non-DAZ vendors.

But that also would make entirely too much sense.

Of course, we would then end up with commercial topics for products that were months old still stickied. But perhaps that too would be a perk for the DAZ PAs, as their older products would still be listed before non DAZ vendors new products ...

ManStan said:

Actually you both may want to step back and actually think about why this is before you post.

Daz forums is the only place that allows non-DAZ vendors to post their commercial products without those posts being removed. Can vendors that don't sell at Rendo post their products in their forums? Not at all. So it's very gracious that DAZ allows anyone, from Rendo and RDNA to smaller and independent sites, to be able to showcase their items.

That being said, DAZ PA items which are sold here were often buried under lots and lots items... and with this being the only place we can advertise our items, this creates an unfair advantage to non-DAZ vendors that can advertise on their sites and DAZ as well.

The purpose of DAZ's forums is to promote DAZ's products (whether PA or DAZ Originals), so this is why the perk is in place; to allow items in the DAZ's store to stand out a bit more... so that's why the PA perk is there to allow more visibility to the products they are selling without eliminating non-DAZ vendors' ability to advertise their products.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

The problem I see with promoting DAZ PA products in the Common forum is that they WILL get buried and would be difficult to notice if one is not a regular visitor to the DAZ Forums. It makes more sense to me also to keep these postings all together in the Commericial Products forum so us buyers can find information on new products in one place. Now if there was a way to filter messages flagged as "Commercial" this posting would be moot.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

DAZ PAs can use the Commercial Products forum and either the Commons or the application-specific forum (such as Carrara Discussions) for their product, though only a few have taken advantage of the ability to post twice.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

DAZ PAs can use the Commercial Products forum and either the Commons or the application-specific forum (such as Carrara Discussions) for their product, though only a few have taken advantage of the ability to post twice.

Thanks Richard that's a good heads up I'll certainly be taking advantage of it now !!!

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'll put this one up there with the stickies about to push posts off the front page of the commons forum. Yet another DAZ screw up I am sure some one will come on and post that DAZ is in the right doing it that way.

Sorry to destroy some peoples delusions but DAZ isn't spelled G O D.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited June 2012

ManStan said:
    I'll put this one up there with the stickies about to push posts off the front page of the commons forum. Yet another DAZ screw up I am sure some one will come on and post that DAZ is in the right doing it that way.

Sorry to destroy some peoples delusions but DAZ isn't spelled G O D.

LOL

Post edited by scorpio on