DAZ 4.5 Suddenly using a lot of processing power

JennKJennK Posts: 834
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am hoping someone can help. I Noticed last night that daz was suddenly using 85 to 100% of my cpu this is strange because on Sunday I was in DAZ creating a new image and did several test renders without any slow down or issue.
I have only added three new model sets to my runtime and used those sets on Sunday in the same render. Does anyone know what might cause the sudden slow down?

Now admittedly my desktop is older and only has 4 gigs of RAM that is all it will support but I have never had an issue before. Like I said it worked fine up until last night when I turned my computer on. I ran several virus checks and malware scans and nothing seems to be infecting the computer.

On the last reboot, before I decided to stop before I turned it into a pocket calculator or used it as a boat anchor, I noticed that with Taskmanger up when I started DAZ and tried to run my new scene it bogged the system down with nothing else running. I then closed it out and tried opening an older scene that I knew never bogged my system down and it to slowed it to a crawl as well.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Also a side note I noticed my system was having a hard time releasing the sys resources that DAZ uses.

Thanks so much in Advance.

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Did you install any new plugins?

• JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Nope nothing..

edited December 1969

is it slow with a new scene? can you start from scratch and add characters normally or is that slow too?

Also can you see how much ram is being eaten up by Daz? Is another program eating up your ram?

I assume only Daz is slow and other software is ok?

edited December 1969

is it slow with a new scene? can you start from scratch and add characters normally or is that slow too?

Also can you see how much ram is being eaten up by Daz? Is another program eating up your ram?

I assume only Daz is slow and other software is ok?

I will check doing a scene from Scratch tonight when i get in from work.

No other program is eating up the ram, I didn't notice an over abundance of ram usage last night by DAZ but I will check tonight.

And yeah all of my other software works just fine.

Thanks for the Help larsmidnatt. I will post what I find out tonight.

edited December 1969

Good luck, Maybe it will be fine by the time you get back. Computers are like that sometimes.

edited December 1969

Good luck, Maybe it will be fine by the time you get back. Computers are like that sometimes.

Thanks. Unfortunately they are. Sigh, sometimes I really dislike computers.

• MuzeMuze Posts: 182
    edited December 1969

New Plugins. Maybe that'll help my crashes.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Was it possibly optimising textures?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Was it possibly optimising textures?

To check for that look for tdlmake processes in Task Manger
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard and SimonJM I will look at that when I get home.

edited December 1969

Okay as to the new scene issue it is only slow when loading a new image.

Daz is not using much of my ram at all in fact with all the other services running and processes I am using 45% of RAM

Daz is however is still using 85% - 95% of my CPU upon start up, loading and rendering.

As far as the textures optimizing when I load a scene they are not using much cpu at all and are only there for a short time.

I found an error that seems to be tied to the texture I changed the texture and it did finally render the scene but was still using almost all of my CPU. Also if i tried canceling the render when it stopped with the error I have to manually end the process or it keeps running in the back ground.

Thanks again for all the help.

edited June 2013

what do you mean slow when loading a new "image" what is an image in this case.

45% of ram seems like a lot to me, even with only 4 gb. my laptop only uses about 10% when DS is running initially and it has 4g of ram. So do you mean when a scene is loaded?

Using all CPU during renders is normal. That is how it should be actually. As far as the process not ending, that isn't good...

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

what do you mean slow when loading a new "image" what is an image in this case.

45% of ram seems like a lot to me, even with only 4 gb. my laptop only uses about 10% when DS is running initially and it has 4g of ram. So do you mean when a scene is loaded?

Using all CPU during renders is normal. That is how it should be actually. As far as the process not ending, that isn't good...

Sorry I meant to say a new scene. When I build a new one from Scratch.

Yes when the scene is loaded, subtracting the other processes I am using about 10% of my RAM once I have opened DAZ and Loaded a Scene.

Odd My computer has never used up to 100% CPU when rendering before nor had this much of a slow down. Hence the reason it tossed up a red flag.

Maybe the processes not ending is part of the whole slow down issue I am experiencing.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

...some of the high CPU use warnings and long waits at scene loading could be due to sub_D. At least that is what I heard.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...some of the high CPU use warnings and long waits at scene loading could be due to sub_D. At least that is what I heard.

Thanks Kyoto I will check that out.