Destroyed Bridge -no obj?

tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Dreamlight

I own some of your products. They are very good.

I love the way the new Destroyed Bridge City looks. The scale is awesome as is the detail.

My problem is I use Carrara 7pro. We can't use DUFs.
Are there any plans to do a regular obj version so EVERYONE can use your great new product?

Thanks

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/in-the-city-destroyed-bridge

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Many of Dreamlight's products are DS only. He has never given a reason why some products are for both and others are not.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

I wonder if there will be a non-destroyed version of this? I could really use a before and after sets for sequential art pages.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

You could always use DS to open the item and export as an OBJ file, or files.

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

I bought it as it says 1 poser file installer
    but it seems it does not work in Poser

is this correct

That would be sad..

• edited June 2013

efron_24 said:

is this correct

That would be sad..

I got an invisible Poser version too and error messages on the download links

edited to add, the Poser zip file contains only textures and Daz support files

Post edited by booksofsecrets_aaa4726d0a on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited June 2013

efron_24 said:

is this correct

That would be sad..

You need the DSON importer to load the product, the main files are in the DSON Core. You installed the Poser companion files needed to read the DSON files into Poser.

Products with "Poser Core" have files that load directly into Poser.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • edited December 1969

efron_24 said:

is this correct

That would be sad..

You need the DSON importer to load the product, the main files are in the DSON Core. You installed the Poser companion files needed to read the DSON files into Poser.

Products with "Poser Core" have files that load directly into Poser.

Thanks for the reply, I have DSON installed, the product library shows 3 available files
    16487_InTheCityDestroyedBridge_1.0_trx.exe & zip (I'm assuming Mac and PC versions)
    In The City Destroyed Bridge which was the file with textures in a Poser Runtime
    I ran the exe and unzipped the support files to "My Daz Library" but there are no other Dreamlight elements in the poser library

edited December 1969

The Destroyed bridge is in DUF format. If you check the product page, it clearly states that it is for DS4.6. It lists a DSON file but does not even list Poser Companion Files. Without the Poser Companion Files, you will not see anything in the Poser runtime.

If you have DS4.5 or 4.6 installed, you can create Poser Companion Files yourself.

It is important with Dreamlight's products to read all sections of the product page as not all of his products are Poser compatible.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited June 2013

icprncss said:
    The Destroyed bridge is in DUF format. If you check the product page, it clearly states that it is for DS4.6. It lists a DSON file but does not even list Poser Companion Files. Without the Poser Companion Files, you will not see anything in the Poser runtime.

If you have DS4.5 or 4.6 installed, you can create Poser Companion Files yourself.

It is important with Dreamlight's products to read all sections of the product page as not all of his products are Poser compatible.

Looks like the page was edited to remove the companion file reference. It was there as I created my previous post.

I'd request a refund if don't wish to create the companion files.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • edited December 1969

Thanks both for the help, I was sure I saw something that made me think it was Poser compatible, I'll try the Ds 4.5 method before I regretfully ask for a refund

edited December 1969

For Poser users Dimension 3D has a free DSON loader script. It will load dsf and duf files. You don't need Poser Companion Files but you do need the DSON installed.

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

• edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    For Poser users Dimension 3D has a free DSON loader script. It will load dsf and duf files. You don't need Poser Companion Files but you do need the DSON installed.

http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

Thanks very much for that, I will give that a go tomorrow, er, later today, it's 3.50 am here and I just clicked render on the alternative "set" I made using Stonemason's ruins instead

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

I will try that link too..

Still think it is not fun to have to pay a lot of money and still have to do all kind of techno tricks to make things work..
    but alas.. we will try

edited December 1969

D3D's script isn't difficult and once you get it into Poser, you can save to the Poser library and not have to bother jumping through anymore hoops.

• edited December 1969

D3D's python did the trick for me, though the sky-dome, visible in wire-frame, would not show up in renders(?) The script also loaded a light set, not sure if Daz lights get converted and since they did not match the rest of the project, i replaced them. Main model happily saved to my props folder. At some point I'll go over it with the group editor to try to separate some elements and add a bit more functionality for compositeing. Thanks again for the help, attached image is a half size still from an animation

Image_6.jpg
    640 x 360 - 283K
    Image_6.jpg
    640 x 360 - 283K
    edited December 1969

Skydome solution for you if you haven't tried it: Bagginsbill's Environment sphere.

https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/environment-sphere

Check out the other things on his site if you aren't familiar with them.

• edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Skydome solution for you if you haven't tried it: Bagginsbill's Environment sphere.

https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/environment-sphere

Check out the other things on his site if you aren't familiar with them.

Thanks, i got that when Bagginsbill was drumming it into everyone, "Raytrace needs something to bounce off!" It's now part of my default scene, so I had to delete it before I tried loading Dreamlight's model. In this case though not actually apparent in the render, i used Coflek-Gnorg's Terrasphere as it has distant buildings

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I am a poser user. can you please walk me through how you installed destroyed bridge in poser. I have the D3D script installed but when I navigated to the destroyedcity dsf file nothing imported. is there another set that has to be loaded into poser first that goes with the bridge?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    I am a poser user. can you please walk me through how you installed destroyed bridge in poser. I have the D3D script installed but when I navigated to the destroyedcity dsf file nothing imported. is there another set that has to be loaded into poser first that goes with the bridge?

You want to navigate to \Dreamlight\Destroyed City\Destroyed City.duf, not to the .dsf file in the Data folder

edited December 1969

that worked beautifully. thankyou so much!

edited December 1969

the sky dome is also there. I plugged it into alternative diffuse and it showed up. hmmm letst ry diffuse at one or something

edited December 1969

I don't get this. How come the city can be saved as PZ3 and opened and is as fast as normal poser. But when I try to load clothes onto a V5 from genesis in poser it takes forever.
    This city scene seems really fast.
    I only bought it accidentally as I normally only buy poser compatible stuff.
    Now there is a 3d conference room here at DAZ that looked quite good that i liked the look of. Should I buy that. it is DS only.

• edited December 1969

esther said:
    I don't get this. How come the city can be saved as PZ3 and opened and is as fast as normal poser. But when I try to load clothes onto a V5 from genesis in poser it takes forever.
    Now there is a 3d conference room here at DAZ that looked quite good that i liked the look of. Should I buy that. it is DS only.

It must be something to do with the figure itself, no idea what though, but if I try to use V5 my library behaves like someone has poured treacle over it. She's just too frustrating to use.

edited December 1969

esther said:

By loading clothes, do you mean loading with the DSON importer or the D3D script? The D3D script used for the bridge works in conjunction with the DSON importer and whatever files it adds (if you don't have DS installed, you have to check the install DS files in the importer installation or it won't work) but the importer doesn't seem to "activated". I still find the actual DSON importer from DAZ to be maddeningly slow.

If you had good results from the bridge, buy the conference room. If you can't get it to work, you can always return it.

edited December 1969

I will definitely consider it. I miss the cameras and lights that come with premade poser specific content, but it is now an option worth considering.
    thanks everyone.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Architecture has way fewer morphs than Genesis does, and doesn't need clothing to fit. It also may have more polys at base resolution but no subd, but I don't know if that's the case here.