The new Itemized Order History area

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

s l f said:
    It's all going to take a bit of getting used to - it's a bit like wearing in a pair of new shoes.

No, it's more like you tied your shoes, then tried to put them on! You might eventually get it done...but not before pain and cursing occurs! :lol:

Dana

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

With 2000+ items in the history, I really would like the sorting to be not by product name, but by purchase date, but with the ability to sort on any of the columns.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Where did my serial numbers disappear to? I'm trying access the list to reinstall a plugin and I keep getting an error message.

• edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Where did my serial numbers disappear to? I'm trying access the list to reinstall a plugin and I keep getting an error message.
    Should be in your Account Dashboard list.
    Capture.GIF
    206 x 466 - 29K
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879
    edited May 2012

Flamewing said:

No such luck my end....waiting patiently for all this to be sorted....1 week and counting.

Serials.jpg
    700 x 97 - 24K
    Post edited by Haruchai on
  • helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    MarcCCTx said:
    Another concern is that they have apparently been keeping credit card info. I always check the don't remember button, but when I ordered there popped up a huge list of recently used credit cards. Dangerous!
    From the CTO: Re: Credit cards: it is a completely isolated server, fully CISP compliant, and the card numbers are stored in encrypted form.

----

Still, I'll forward your concern on to the web team.

I have the same problem. I do not want my credit card number stored (against my will) on DAZ servers, encrypted or not. If I say NO I mean NO. There is no reason for DAZ to store this info if I am not a Platinum Club member. I will never join again and this eliminates the need to store my number. I will enter the info in case I do make a purchase. So why is DAZ doing this? I have asked this question before but never received a reply.

Let me tell you, I am more than concerned. I will also phone my Bank and see if there is something that can be done from their side.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Flamewing said:
    icprncss said:

All I'm getting is a blank page when I click on the link.

• pixlgirlpixlgirl Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DAZ, ..appreciate your hard work, but PLEASE give us back the 'already bought' notice (when adding an item to the cart) & the option to sort 'itemized history' by date....(don't see the 'Vouchers' feature anymore....hopefully that will be back soon ?

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

I miss being able to hit Ctrl+F to see if I've purchased it before. I preferred the list on one page. For those with dial up, I would assume one page wouldn't be too bad as there aren't any pics in the order history. Trying to search through is a pain, and one I'd prefer not to have to get used to.

• BiddlesBiddles Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

buck415 said:
    I'm a bit concerned about the new Itemized Order History area located within My Account.

There are over 1,300 items in my account. How do I find a specific product to reset for download that I purchased a year or two ago? Do I expand the page to show 50 items per page and keep pressing "next" until I eventually find it? Or has a new feature been added that will allow me to reset the download directly from the product page?

Thanks

- ditto!
    this is pycho at the moment

same for the orders

i definitely cannot find a particular item to reset downloads from amongst 3500+ items

not happy that this change over is dragging on and on and interupting my workflow - a couple days glitch for a bricks and mortar shop is too long and for this long in a web shop - well frankly its unthinkable.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Adding my voice to the "I want a search for my itemized order history"!

• achimsachims Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Yesssssss! As Orca Tools-Scripts and 3D Condo DAZ are 'put out of business' agin .... Me tooooo!!!!

Oh, and THANKS DAZ, for making us Betatester for the Shop and Forum for FREE :roll:

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

pinkdaisy said:
    adamr001 said:
    MarcCCTx said:
    Another concern is that they have apparently been keeping credit card info. I always check the don't remember button, but when I ordered there popped up a huge list of recently used credit cards. Dangerous!
    From the CTO: Re: Credit cards: it is a completely isolated server, fully CISP compliant, and the card numbers are stored in encrypted form.

----

I have the same problem. I do not want my credit card number stored (against my will) on DAZ servers, encrypted or not. If I say NO I mean NO. There is no reason for DAZ to store this info if I am not a Platinum Club member. I will never join again and this eliminates the need to store my number. I will enter the info in case I do make a purchase. So why is DAZ doing this? I have asked this question before but never received a reply.

Let me tell you, I am more than concerned. I will also phone my Bank and see if there is something that can be done from their side.

Ah, you understand, its not that they're keeping it now, but that they kept the information a specifically asked them NOT to keep. The news has shown us recently that no server is really secure. That information should be wiped ( after 30 days.)

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:
    pinkdaisy said:
    adamr001 said:
    MarcCCTx said:

----

Ah, you understand, its not that they're keeping it now, but that they kept the information a specifically asked them NOT to keep. The news has shown us recently that no server is really secure. That information should be wiped ( after 30 days.)

Agree!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If you are really that concerned about this, bearing in mind that Daz3D has never fallen down on any security issue in the past, then it is very easy for you to remove your credit card details yourself. You go to "My account" and in "my Credit Card Profile", you simply press the "Delete Card" button. It's quick and easy.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited May 2012

Surprisingly, I JUST looked at my item count and found out that I only have 334. I honestly thought I had more! :ohh: (Then again, I'm rather bundle savvy, so I suppose that's why I have more content in my Manager than my History.)

Anyway, I actually don't mind the idea of an alphabetized multi-page list. Though, my major complaint is mostly with the lack of PC/MAC filters and inability of sorting items by certain types. I don't know about everyone else, but I for one LOVED the Product ID # sorting on the other site. I have quite an array of Gen 3, 4 and now 5 items and sometimes I can't remember what item belongs to what generational figure. Granted Genesis supposedly eliminates the need to mind such concept, but those who have tried to Auto-Fit/Transfer Utility a lot of older generation content knows that some things conform better than others between Gen 3 and 4 's mesh rigging.

If not that, some people like myself may just like to manage their content folders by generation and the ability to see my Item History in such a timeline fashion really helps me do that...

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

The only way the IH works as it is is if I can manage to remember the first letter of the file name among the 1000+ items in my IH.

I need to be able to do a keyword search, like 'bear', so I can narrow it down when trying to reset a file. I need the ability to have everything on one page or a search option.

• rory7411rory7411 Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    If you are really that concerned about this, bearing in mind that Daz3D has never fallen down on any security issue in the past, then it is very easy for you to remove your credit card details yourself. You go to "My account" and in "my Credit Card Profile", you simply press the "Delete Card" button. It's quick and easy.

Sounds good, but I had a whole list of old CC details which I had manually deleted from the old site before (months ago). Yet comes the new site and they've all magically reappeared again. So Daz have been keeping information that they should not have. And it's not a quick & easy process to delete them all again, as it has to be done for each individual card.

• JeffGJeffG Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

I don't believe I have ever complained here before, but, how in the world could you DAZ folks have screwed things up so badly???

The store feels like and alpha version. Did no one test this?
    No way to SEARCH or SORT purchase history? No notification of previous purchase???
    Unbelievable and very unprofessional for a company of your stature.

You should have WAITED before moving to the new version.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

This site has all the hallmarks of something that was commissioned without any end user input. Were there complaints about the old order history? If aint broke don't fix it.

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Hi Chohole,
    Have you read all of my message? From your answer I can only assume you haven't.

I did remove my account info many months ago. It is really easy - there you are right. The big problem and therefore my great concern is, that it doesn't stay removed. Believe it or not, when a purchase is made it returns. I would like to know from where does it return? How many times do I have to remove it to get it off the Server?

DAZ has not had their Servers hacked yet, this is true. DAZ has never had a Website or Store like this before either.

Chohole, I need to hear from DAZ Management. I need to know if a Company has the right to hold a customers CC hostage. This is what is happening. Since DAZ has refused, up to now, to deal with this problem I assume that this practice is maybe +>%%%$#*?

I am not letting this go. This is happening against my instructions and against my will. I am asking one more time to please have my CC removed from the DAZ Servers. I also need an official DAZ notification that my request has been honoured.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Pinkdaisy, have you contacted DAZ 3D by emailing support @ daz3d.com (with the spaces removed)? DAZ 3D support does not read every post in the forums, and the Moderation Team has no access to anyone's account information. You may also want to remove your credit card information now that we have a new store -- as has been noted repeatedly, the old store was falling apart and it took the web team's full time effort to hold it together.

• woody2woody2 Posts: 90
    edited December 1969

I don't like the new Itemized order history pages. I have over 1900 things and to fine some thing takes for ever to fine it. the old way was better because the things that you just bought was first and it went on down from there. this way sucks. I hope that they fix it so it works better. also the downloads are no good eather. it use to be when you downloaded something it was high lighted so you knew you downloaded it. and when you have a lot of things in your download it gets hard to remember what you just downloaded plus now you haveMac stuff and pc stuff so it is even harder to fine things. lets go back and make it so we only have the files that we need.

woody

edited December 1969

Here is some hope for the people having the same problem I'm having. It was recommended in another thread (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/2901/) to create a spread sheet of your IH. Yes, it's a PITA, and should not have to be done if things had been thought out well, but two hours of copy/pasting each 50 count page of my IH into a spreadsheet has paid off twice today alone.

If any don't know how to do a quick spreadsheet, just reply and I'll post instructions, but if I can do it, anybody can do it ... lol. I'm about a tech savvy as a 2x4.

One downfall, it will need updated after every purchase. You'll have to find the page containing the new item and update the spreadsheet file by copy pasting the new info over the existing info.

But the positive thing is, you can reset straight from the spreadsheet ... the links copy too. You don't have to go flipping through pages to find what you want, and you can do a keyword search within the spreadsheet. Basically, bypassing the IH entirely when a reset or search is needed. The only time you'll have to mess with it is when you purchase new items that need added to the spreadsheet.

After creating mine, I just kept it open all day while I browsed Daz to see if I already purchased something or not (since I read the new site doesn't tell us anymore), and if I needed to reset, I didn't even bother opening my IH. I just hit the link in my spreadsheet.

Tomorrow I'll use the order links to record what prices I paid for each item, which no longer shows in the IH. Hopefully, I'll find a way to record file size, too.

That's another beef I have.

• gero_1478aba0a9gero_1478aba0a9 Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Here is some hope for the people having the same problem I'm having. It was recommended in another thread (http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/2901/) to create a spread sheet of your IH. Yes, it's a PITA, and should not have to be done if things had been thought out well, but two hours of copy/pasting each 50 count page of my IH into a spreadsheet has paid off twice today alone.

If any don't know how to do a quick spreadsheet, just reply and I'll post instructions, but if I can do it, anybody can do it ... lol. I'm about a tech savvy as a 2x4.

One downfall, it will need updated after every purchase. You'll have to find the page containing the new item and update the spreadsheet file by copy pasting the new info over the existing info.

But the positive thing is, you can reset straight from the spreadsheet ... the links copy too. You don't have to go flipping through pages to find what you want, and you can do a keyword search within the spreadsheet. Basically, bypassing the IH entirely when a reset or search is needed. The only time you'll have to mess with it is when you purchase new items that need added to the spreadsheet.

After creating mine, I just kept it open all day while I browsed Daz to see if I already purchased something or not (since I read the new site doesn't tell us anymore), and if I needed to reset, I didn't even bother opening my IH. I just hit the link in my spreadsheet.

Tomorrow I'll use the order links to record what prices I paid for each item, which no longer shows in the IH. Hopefully, I'll find a way to record file size, too.

That's another beef I have.

Could you post a tutorial thread in the forums once you've done all that? Sounds like a good idea, but it'd be a shame to have the info trickle out to a few members or get lost in the depths of an unlabelled thread.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Aidana, if you could find time to post a quick tut on how to do this, it would be MUCHLY appreciated, by me at least. :D Perhaps a downloadable pdf and post it in the freebie section so it's there for everyone, and we can always just link ppl who ask to it?

edited December 1969

OK. I'll put together a little something tomorrow, with screenshots, and give it it's own thread in the freebie section or if there is a tutorial section, there. Then I'll post the link here.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

I did up a spreadsheet a couple of years ago, that I kept up to date every now and then, and certainly made sure it was up to date before the new site came online. The format is a bit different now, I think. but it will be easy enough to match it up to what I already have. It's a shame that anyone has to do that in the first place. But I found that unreliability makes you do things like that. Plus, I make extra rows for things that are inside bundles, because the old store never kept track of those things. I found out that I bought the same thing three times because it was separate and then inside to different bundles. There might be more like that. I'm sure all of you have had the same thing happen. No more for me!

Dana

edited December 1969

I posted the tutorial at sharecg and also started a free tutorial thread in the freepository, here.

Hope it helps somebody: http://www.sharecg.com/v/62219/view/3/PDF-Tutorial/IOH-spreadsheet-tutorial

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Please, add my voice to this "Petition" as well !! It's annoying to search for 1706 items through 35 pages, if you had before a much easier view with only ONE page, a date search and the possibility to use the keyword search of your browser !

As long as there is no search like this, the Itemized History is completely useless for me - and I really don't understand, why Daz didn't add a RSS Feed to the Itemized History like to the Wishlist !
    I think, I will use only the normal order history (which I used before very rarely) and add the new items to my excel file, where I can sort however I want ;-/