Dynamic Cloth Engine NOT Optitex related

VisioneerVisioneer Posts: 158
edited September 2012 in Product Suggestions

I'm not sure if this is possible, or if even anyone wants to *attempt* to tackle it, (if I had the coding know-how, I'd try to tackle it myself) but it'd be nice if DAZ Studio had a Dynamic Cloth engine similar to Poser's cloth room, which allows users to attempt to create dynamic cloth out of virtually any outfit that's been created or will be created. Don't get me wrong, Optitex's Dynamic Cloth control is pretty cool, but seeing as I want to create Dynamic Clothing for DAZ Studio and the Genesis figure, their quoted price point (to me anyway) for the capability to do so was a "modest" $14,000 which is a bit ridiculous.

Considering Optitex is holding what seems to be a monopoly over the Dynamic Clothing in DAZ Studio, it'd be nice to see if someone can come up with a bit more "budget friendly" alternative.

Again, I don't even know if this is possible, but even if you can't code it, but you support the idea, let's get some wishes going! :D

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• dhouckdhouck Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Yes... A cloth room would be great.... now if I want something to look dynamic that is not optitex I have to load in poser, clothify, save as obj, export, and load in to daz with the pose set up in poser... would be so nice to be able to do the whole thing in Daz....

• EvelRavenlochEvelRavenloch Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

I can't code to save my life, and I know this one's old, but it would be nice to have a larger market. While I *do* like Optitex, you get a bit stagnant with only one main producer, no matter how created or connected they are. For instance, I would *kill* for some of the more flowing sleeved things like poser has...

• Lord_AshesLord_Ashes Posts: 91
    edited December 1969

Yes… A cloth room would be great…. now if I want something to look dynamic that is not Optitex I have to load in poser, clothify, save as obj, export, and load in to daz with the pose set up in poser… would be so nice to be able to do the whole thing in Daz….

Pardon my ignorance, I have never use Poser, but it seems that if you export the Poser clothified clothing into an OBJ file and then import into DAZ would that would be one frame at a time, right? Would that not mean you would have to export many frames in order to get even a short animated sequence? I mean, I did a little playing last night to try the OptiTex Dynamic Clothing in Daz (I am new to it). I created a few key poses and got it to drape one of the freebie dresses. The end result was not just a draped transition from the key frames that I made. The extrapolated frames included some bounce in the clothing that would not normally be preset if I had just draped a few key frames and then had Daz extrapolate the frames in between. Don't get me wrong, it may still be a compromise solution since we can not make our own Dynamic Clothing for Daz (as far as I know)...but the process, using Poser, would lose some of the bounce, no?